Allison

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?

Yes
96%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
3%

Total votes: 114

Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Allison

Post by Sigsawafan »

Astounding Bison wrote:I saw used copies of volumes 1-3 of Meg and Seron for a dollar each in Mirai. I didn't buy them though because they're supposed to be read after Allison and Lillia and Treize, or so I think... I guess I should go back and see if they're still there, as I do plan on reading them eventually.

Also, based on some quick googling, it doesn't look like volume 6 is the last. There is no word about volume 7 though.
Meg and Seron can basically be read alongside Lillia and Treize, since it's a side story. The ending of the anime is pretty much where the novels end (Meg and Seron dancing with each other as Lillia and Treize dance) or at least that's what I've heard from someone who has already read through the series. Did Mirai offer some of the Allison Novels or the Lillia and Treize novels by any chance? The only Lillia and Treize novels I couldn't find raws for were Volumes 5 and 6 (that is unless you already have them.)

So vol 6 ISN'T the end. Makes me all the more curious to see how long Sigsawa could take this and how he can get to the point we all know he's heading towards. Once again, Baka-tsuki, take up this series!!!
historyman101 (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by historyman101 (guest) »

Update on the Allison manga translator group:

I found their website sromu.com where they have all their projects listed. I posted the link to the forum thread in the page on Allison, but no one has gotten back to me yet. If we need extra translators, I say we ask the people of sRomu for help.
SolBalmung
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SolBalmung »

God , I can't believe this thread got so much lively when I wasn't paying attention :O! I totally gave up for a while after seeing that no one replied... Im soo happy that people are interested in the Novels as I really enjoyed the Anime. I'd really like to see a translation project out of this serie but we must find a translator first (I know Im late and that some of you already undertook the task ;) ).
historyman101 (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by historyman101 (guest) »

SolBalmung wrote:God , I can't believe this thread got so much lively when I wasn't paying attention :O! I totally gave up for a while after seeing that no one replied... Im soo happy that people are interested in the Novels as I really enjoyed the Anime. I'd really like to see a translation project out of this serie but we must find a translator first (I know Im late and that some of you already undertook the task ;) ).
We haven't really found a translator per se, but just found the place to contact them if we need extra help. sRomu has yet to respond to me but I suggest that others visit the site, find a way to contact the translators and see if we can't get a few spare hands.

This their site: http://sromu.com

I hope this project comes through!
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

Some A&L related news:

I was roaming around the internet and I came across this art blog made by a fan of the A&L light novels (You can tell which series she prefers in her pictures): http://toreso.blog107.fc2.com/

My Japanese is not up to much, but in her most recent post (with some nice drawings of Meg and Seron), she mentioned a volume 9 of the Lillia and Treize novels that featured their and Meg and Seron's children as the main characters, "Riina and Kurt", indicating yet another generational shift. Of course this is all total speculation based on my limited knowledge of Japanese but could someone confirm this? Maybe translate what she's actually saying if I got this wrong?

In other news, Anime News Network recently reviewed both DVDs of the Allison and Lillia anime series, and gave them fairly positive reviews. I'm glad to know that it isn't completely scoffed at and shoved under the rug like so many other reviewers of anime have.

First Generation Review
Second Generation Review

Here's hoping for translators. :)
KinoFan
Astral Realm

Post by KinoFan »

Some Allison & Lillia related news: sRomu recently released the sixth chapter of the Allison manga, but has yet to give any response to our request for extra translators. You can go on the website posted by historyman101 to find it and maybe send in another request for assistance.

Other news: Does anyone here ever frequent fanfiction.net? Allison & Lillia has its own section and it's gotten some additions recently thanks to the English stateside release. This is the fanfiction archive for it. It's still small, but most of the works populated there are pretty good reads. In particular jayb's series and Historyman101's series. There's even a Meg and Seron based work currently in progress.

Say, historyman101, are you the author in disguise? lol
historyman101
Astral Realm

Post by historyman101 »

KinoFan wrote:Some Allison & Lillia related news: sRomu recently released the sixth chapter of the Allison manga, but has yet to give any response to our request for extra translators. You can go on the website posted by historyman101 to find it and maybe send in another request for assistance.

Other news: Does anyone here ever frequent fanfiction.net? Allison & Lillia has its own section and it's gotten some additions recently thanks to the English stateside release. This is the fanfiction archive for it. It's still small, but most of the works populated there are pretty good reads. In particular jayb's series and Historyman101's series. There's even a Meg and Seron based work currently in progress.

Say, historyman101, are you the author in disguise? lol
lol no, I'm just a big history buff and added it to my name. Though a lot of the fictions in here are pretty good. I particularly like My Prince Charming, since that brings the closure I need as far as Lillia and Treize are concerned. Concerns, Our Summer Vacation, and Lake of Three Kings by jayb are pretty entertaining.

Also, the way Meg and Seron: Secret of the Firefly is coming along very nicely, although the novels do not have nearly as much action, guns or danger as in here. It's more like a series of high school detective stories.
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

Some more news:

On YouTube, an anime reviewer known as HistorymanZP posted a favorable review of Allison and Lillia (7 out of 10), and even advertised our attempts to get translators in his video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiI5JQ8M24s

I'm glad the anime is slowly coming more and more out of the shadows and into the spotlight to be recognized for the enjoyable show it is. Once again, here's hoping for translators.
KinoFan (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by KinoFan (guest) »

Hate bumping a dead thread, but I found a link of some great value:

Since we can confirm we have all the novels we need accounted for, seems like the perfect time to start work on translating this little forgotten series, arguably one of Sigsawa's best.

In other news, I recently frequented fanfiction.net and saw that historyman101 updated his Meg and Seron fiction with a nice first date for the two of them: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7397144/5/M ... he_Firefly Strangely enough,
Spoiler! :
there is fanservice in here, although it works.
Hope this translation project can move forward!
Last edited by Teh_ping on Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: RAW linking not allowed. Please contact me if you have any queries.
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

I have acquired raw versions of the Allison novels, the Lillia and Treize Novels and the Meg and Seron novels. (many thanks Kinofan for the correspondence.)

Since we now have all the raw scans that we need, all we need is a translator. I know that we're short on them right now, but hopefully someone interested will step forward.
I read through that some time ago. It was very sweet and heartwarming and
Spoiler! :
the pantyshot scene was absolute lulz. I'm just wondering how on earth Meg didn't know Seron could look up her skirt from his position.
I'm glad that, even in fandom, Seron's relationship with Meg is moving in the right direction.

Here's my last hope for translators!
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

Don't like to double post, but got a couple of updates worth noting.

First, historyman finally updated his Meg and Seron fanfiction after more than 4 months of AWOL. Link to the new chapter is here:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7397144/6/M ... he_Firefly

Also, a post on the Japanese A&L art blog http://toreso.blog107.fc2.com/ apparently says that the last novel of Meg and Seron has been released. My Japanese is very bad, but I think it says that it ends with Meg and Seron going to the Spring dance, where the Lillia and Treize novels ended. Seron got a kiss with Meg! Not much else I could pull from it. Maybe others will have better luck with it than me.

Seeing how the last volume of the A&L universe is finished, it's now the right time for us to translate this series. I hope someone steps forward and picks it up soon, as I know it would be a very interesting, entertaining and heartwarming read!
Kinofan
Astral Realm

Post by Kinofan »

Any news yet on possible translators? Or at least some plot summary of Meg and Seron VII?
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

Well I found some interesting news: Historyman brought a close to his Meg and Seron fanfiction:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7397144/7/M ... he_Firefly
Spoiler! :
Seron finally confessed! It was such a beautiful moment for the two of them, and Meg is really sweet as a girlfriend. I didn't expect the ending with a new antagonist popping up, especially one that has a tie to Seron like a pre-arranged marriage. That really makes me anxious for what's to come next. However it seems that Historyman is not going to be updating the story anymore because he has plans for publishing a book, so that will be taking the majority of his time. However, he left it open to anyone who wants to finish it.
It's nice to see some closure, even if it's not strictly canon to the novels.

Any news on translators thereof, by the way?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Allison (teaser included)

Post by Darklor »

This is the feed back thread for Allison.
Please tell us what you think of it.

(Volume 4, Chapter 8 The Train Called Conspiracy, First Part)
Teh_ping wrote:
Spoiler! :
The middle of the valley was approximately 300m wide, a clear blue lake surface.

There was no wind in the valet, and the water surface that was bluer than the sky looked like a half-opened sapphire as it looked like it was inlaid in this valley.

On both sides of the lakes, on the slope that were about 1m away from the water surface, there was a road each.

There was a camouflaged armored car on the northern road, and the southern side had a mainland transcontinental luxury express car. Both cars were moving extremely slow, almost at a walking pace.

“So pretty—”

Allison could see the scenery on the lake from the gap between the curtains.

Ville, who was wearing the headgear, continued to carry his anti-tank rifle as he saw the same thing outside,

“It’s really pretty.”

He muttered inadvertently. After that, sorry, Major Stoke came over to block his sights. He was holding a magazine filled with ten rounds of ‘cannons’, and slid it into the open hole above the mechanical port.

“Major.”

“Hm? What is it?”

“I really find this lake to be really beautiful every time I come by here.”

“Oh, yeah. This is a treasure of Suu Be Ilu.”

“Isn’t Major Stoke the one to always told us not to destroy this place?”

“Yeah…but though he’s rather stiff in some ways, I do agree on this.”

“But when I see such a beautiful scene—”

“Hm?”

“I do hate my job a little.”

“It can’t be helped. That’s our mission.”
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kinofan
Astral Realm

Post by Kinofan »

I know it has been a very long time since anyone has posted to this thread, but I have a good reason for bumping it back up. Someone managed to get their hands on copies of ALL the Allison, Lillia & Treize and Meg & Seron novels. There's a kind fellow by the name of untuned-strings who does translations of Baccano! Kino's Journey and Vamp! for his own blog. He's currently in Korea, where he came across all the novels at a used bookstore. It's been a long time, but we're finally getting the novels into English.

His blog: untuned-strings.blogspot.com
His tumblr: untuned-strings.tumblr.com

Someone should get in contact with him and tell him that we at Baka-tsuki would greatly appreciate it if he allows us to host his translations on our site.

The wait is over, everyone.

Return to “Hosted”