Allison

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?

Yes
96%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
3%

Total votes: 114

SolBalmung
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Allison

Post by SolBalmung »

This is now a hosted project, links to the translators site can be found on the bt project page.

-----

Author: Keiichi Sigsawa
Illustrator: Kouhaku Kuroboshi
Publisher: MediaWorks
Summary: "Allison is an adventure series set in a world containing one continent (extending roughly from the Equator to 60 degrees North latitude) which is divided down the center by a towering mountain range and a huge river. The industry and technology of the world are roughly equivalent to Europe in the 1930s. Due to the geography, two cultures developed on either side of the divide, and at the time the story begins, the cultures have been at war on and off for hundreds of years. The bloodiest conflict yet began thirty-five years before the start of the story; both sides are so exhausted by the conflict that an uneasy armistice is signed after some five years of fighting. Aside from a brief conflict over the jurisdiction of the river, resulting in the formation of a buffer zone on either side, this peace has largely been unbroken. The east side of the world is known as Roxche (ロクシェ Rokushe?), though formally the region's name is the Roxcheanuk Confederation. The entire region comprises sixteen countries which all speak a common language. The west side is known as Sou Beil (スー・ベー・イル Sū Bē Iru?), though formally the region's name is the Allied Kingdoms of Bezel Iltoa. The region comprises the two kingdoms of Bezel and Iltoa which both serve to bring together a small number of countries under a common language different than that of the eastern region. There are far more blond-haired people in the West than the East.
At the beginning of the first novel, Allison, a pilot in the Roxche Air Force, has come to visit her childhood friend Wilhelm ("Wil" for short), who has remained at school over his summer break to continue his studies. While traveling in the countryside near the school, the two encounter an old man well-known to Wil's schoolmates as a teller of tall tales. Nevertheless, he captures their interest with his talk about a "treasure" which, if found, is said to be able to put an end to the war. No one would believe him that the war between the countries could ever end, so no one listened to him. When the old man is abducted and taken over to Sou Beil, Allison and Wil steal an airplane and chase the abductors across the river into the next region. Fortunately, the two were raised as orphans by a woman who came from the West, and thus can speak both languages".Taken from Wikipedia.
Personal thoughts: I've watched the anime called Allison & Lillia (adapted from the novels) about 2 years ago.It was good, a bit slow at the beginning but giving you a cozzy feeling after the first generation of characters (as you see the cast of characters ure accustomd to for about 15 episodes grow up,have children and the story go on..).This series of novels is composed of three parts, Allison part,Lillia and Treize part and Meg and Seron part.
So if any Translator is interested please feel free to post on this thread or pm me
Novel Covers
Spoiler! :
Alisson Novel Cover
Lillia and Treize Novel Cover
Meg and Seron
Thanks for whoever looked at my first request (and topic/post ever in Baka-Tsuki xD).
Last edited by SolBalmung on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevekanonfreak
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Allison

Post by Stevekanonfreak »

I really wish this would be getting translated because in my opinion the anime was a great show.
Harth has subbed already the Drama CD I and whe he find a source he will translate the second one, too.
By the way why was the manga stopped to be translated. Any ideas?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Guys, no posting of links to RAWs on the forums. I saved the intended message, so if you want to, ask me to PM you guys. Thanks.
Historyman101 (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by Historyman101 (guest) »

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the reposting, as I am a guest and didn't understand the rules the first time. Just want to post again to let my voice be heard! lol
I recently found the raw scans of the Allison and Lillia and Treize novels on rawscans. I have yet to find the Meg and Seron raws anywhere though. And I can confirm the anime was awesome. I never heard of the novels before I watched the anime but seeing the show made me get interested and it was very disappointing to see that no scans or attempts at translation had been made. I had to resort to reading the novels in poorly translated Engrish to understand it. Yeah, not the best way to go. lol Allison and Lillia also recently got licensed by Sentai Filmworks for a domestic release in the United States (The first DVD came out May 17th, and second DVD is slated to come out today.) In light of the recent English distribution, this is a great opportunity to bring this underrated series to light.

For those who also want to check out the anime, you can find the episodes pretty much on any streaming site right now, but to give you all a glimpse of it, I have the opening and closing sequences of the show

OP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNlUttgaKA
ED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_dNFgFV6oE

I hope Baka-Tsuki seriously considers translating these novels, as they really deserve recognition!
Stevekanonfreak
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

I will be searching for the other Arc.
Edit: And who vote "No". :x
Historyman101 (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by Historyman101 (guest) »

Stevekanonfreak wrote:I will be searching for the other Arc.
They don't even give a reason so I say throw it out. lol

If all else fails, the other novels are available through import purchase on japanese amazon surely. I remember that Matt122004 once had raw .txt files of Lillia and Treize volumes 5 and 6 but I haven't spoken to him in more than two years so I don't know if this is still true.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Stevekanonfreak wrote:I will be searching for the other Arc.
You shouldnt ask "Who vote "no"" because it is their choice which side they chose. There need not be a reason given. You shouldnt force people to vote yes you know.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Stevekanonfreak
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Yeah it was only fun. I can't force anyone to vote yes expecially in the internet.
To post something according to the thread. It seems that Meg and Seron are last part of the story and additionally who want an extra Harth Subs is subbing the Drama CDs. ^^

Edit:
@Darklor: Yes, you're right, but pleas back to topic. ^^
Last edited by Stevekanonfreak on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe that one hasnt liked the series...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
RandomReader (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by RandomReader (guest) »

This series has got my vote. I remember watching it back when it first aired and I really loved the retro 90s feel to the series. It's like watching a series by Studio Ghibli and there is a lot of inspiration taken from Ghibli here, particularly Porco Rosso. It's riveting, it's sweet, and it's very entertaining.

I really hope that Baka-tsuki considers translating this series. You got me as a dedicated reader already if you do!
Astounding Bison
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Astounding Bison »

Wish I could get my hands on this series. I really love Kino's Travels, so I've always wanted to read the other stuff by the awesome Sigsawa/Kuroboshi combo. Sadly, I haven't found it in Book Off or any other second hand sellers, and like hell I'm buying each book individually from Kinokuniya.
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

Astounding Bison wrote:Wish I could get my hands on this series. I really love Kino's Travels, so I've always wanted to read the other stuff by the awesome Sigsawa/Kuroboshi combo. Sadly, I haven't found it in Book Off or any other second hand sellers, and like hell I'm buying each book individually from Kinokuniya.
If you go on rawscans you should be able to find the first four books from each series (all in Japanese of course.)

But if you liked Kino's Travels, you'll like this because Allison and Lillia and Treize has a lot of influence from Kino. It's completely different in terms of structure though, since it's more adventure than philosophy. There was an anime made back in 2008 that condensed the two novels (Allison and Lillia) and it was very good, and like someone said earlier, it was recently licensed for English distribution, so this seems like the perfect time to start translating this series.

I hope Baka-tsuki takes this up!
KinoFan (guest)
Astral Realm

Post by KinoFan (guest) »

The manga adaptation of the Allison novels are being translated right now by the group SRoMU. Their website is here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/SRoMU/index.php?showuser=24 if anyone has a way of getting in touch with them. They might be able to help us get these novels translated if we're short on manpower.

And to add to what everyone else has said, the series is great. I really hope it gets translated because it's just as great as Kino's Journey, even if it is VERY different from Kino. It reminds me a lot of the Adventures of Tintin or the Adventures of Indiana Jones. Sentai Filmworks released it for the English Speaking world but they didn't dub it, which is a shame since it's a prime candidate (no Japanese elements and heavily inspired from the West.)

Baka-Tsuki, take up this series and bring justice to the venerable Keiichi Sigsawa!
Sigsawafan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sigsawafan »

I managed to find the Meg and Seron novels being up for purchase on Japanese Amazon. If all else fails we can buy the copies from here and scan the images directly.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... 93&x=0&y=0

I still hope Baka-Tsuki will consider these novel series. As an added find, the sixth volume of Meg and Seron came out this March so the series is complete now? Someone please verify if this is true or not. This is just based on knowing the Lillia and Treize novels ended at volume six, so it's totally ungrounded really.

SIGSAWA FOREVER!
Astounding Bison
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Astounding Bison »

I saw used copies of volumes 1-3 of Meg and Seron for a dollar each in Mirai. I didn't buy them though because they're supposed to be read after Allison and Lillia and Treize, or so I think... I guess I should go back and see if they're still there, as I do plan on reading them eventually.

Also, based on some quick googling, it doesn't look like volume 6 is the last. There is no word about volume 7 though.

Return to “Hosted”