We'd like to add our translation of the Slayers novels here

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

pip25
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

We'd like to add our translation of the Slayers novels here

Post by pip25 »

Greetings,

I hope this is the appropriate section to discuss this. Me and two friends have been translating parts of the yet unpublished Slayers novels over the course of the last 7 months, and we thought we could include our project into the Baka-Tsuki website, partly because the 9th novel is already hosted here, and partly in order to hopefully attract a native English speaker to proof our work, which has been the greatest bottleneck so far. My question is, if this is possible, what is the procedure for it? The current Slayers project admin, Spore, has been inactive for three years, and I could not find a way on the site to contact him.

For reference, our currently released work can be downloaded from the following links:

The second half of novel 10 (continued from where QP/Diana left off on her own site):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fl1fg8h0a4z7qcm

Chapter one and two of novel 11:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n5zvm7q0c47z2z7

One thing I believe I have to note, though: our translator is Korean, and our work is based on the Korean translation that is available there. (We do use the original Japanese novels as reference when in doubt.) I don't know whether this could be a problem.

Thanks for any help you could provide in advance,

pip25
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: We'd like to add our translation of the Slayers novels h

Post by Teh_ping »

Hi pip25, welcome to Baka Tsuki. For your inquiry, we are very willing to host your work here. However, we're a little short on manpower here at the moment as Baka Tsuki isn't a fansub group. (sorry, can anyone help me upload their work?).

For your info, if you do decide to join as a translator on Baka Tsuki, it's recommended for you to register as a user so that you can gain more access rights (like creating pages), and the following points will be how you are to create a new page (of chapter) on Baka Tsuki.
Website for your editing tips: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... iting_Tips

1. First, go to the volume that you want to upload.

2. Do you see the edit button on the top right hand corner? Click it.

3. Look at the 'Internal link' section, that is how you're going to add hyperlinks. (You can look at the other volumes for reference)

4. If you did it right, the words should be in red, click on it.

5. Now, you should be in a new page. Click on the 'create' button at the top.

6. Upload the text that you have already translated. (Make sure to press 'enter' once after every paragraph so that it's easier to read.)

7. Next, the headings. At the wiki editing tips page, look at the 'headings' section (well, duh).

8. If you see the format used on all B-T texts, you'll probably get an idea of how to do it. (Just copy what they do.)

9. For pictures, it's under 'thumbnail image', the 'picture' would be from the illustrations of the volume that's available here. If I want a picture from say 'Volume 1 page 031', the format would be [[Image:Index_v01_031.jpg|thumb]]

10. For a footer, just go to any completed chapter here, copy the scripts for the footer, and make the necessary edits.
For your information, most of our 'editors' are simply roaming editors. We can't be certain of whether there will be editors willing to check through your work, but that's the beauty of a wiki, to allow for easier editing.
pip25
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pip25 »

Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid you misunderstand. I am already a member of the wiki since a while ago, and I am aware of how to edit pages; my question is less technical and more administrative in nature. Spore is listed as the administrator of the Slayers section, and the rules there say that before doing anything, we are to contact him if we want to join the project. However, he apparently doesn't respond to inquiries on his talk page, and the project is marked "Stalled". Thus, my question is where to go from here, and/or if there is a way to take over this role from him since he is apparently no longer available.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Sorry for the late reply. Don't worry, I can back you up for that since the Supervisor's already MIA. Just post your updates as you please. You can ask me any questions, but for translators names, just list your names on the wiki. Standard procedures apply.
pip25
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by pip25 »

Thanks, I will post the existing material as soon as I am able. :)

EDIT: The translated parts of novel 10 are up.
EDIT2: The first two chapters of novel 11 are up as well. All complete material we have right now is available on the site. :)
Ways
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Ways »

pip25 wrote:Thanks, I will post the existing material as soon as I am able. :)

EDIT: The translated parts of novel 10 are up.
EDIT2: The first two chapters of novel 11 are up as well. All complete material we have right now is available on the site. :)
where have I seen this before......hmm...did you post something about this in BakaBT too??
-goes off to BakaBT-

Return to “Hosted”