Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 452

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Moonlight Sculptor

Post by Mystes »

azneas wrote:Yeah, but the second biggest problem (the first being a lack of translators) with the current Moonlight Sculptor situation is that nobody knows about it. And if more people get brainwa-*ahem* interested, the chances of finding a Korean translator will increase. Look at Sword Art Online, after Sharramoon gave it a boost, there is a full time translation team plus some others working on it. And seeing as MS is on par (personally) with SAO...
If it's really an issue, you can think that, maybe, you could start with V5 if you decide to translate it. However, I do not speak for BT, and the translators come first.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
azneas
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by azneas »

What do you mean start with "V5"? If you meant volume 5, why choose that as a place to start? And lol, the only language I am completely fluent in is English, so even though I would love to translate it, it's a no-go for me.
ReddishWhite
Astral Realm

Post by ReddishWhite »

azneas wrote:What do you mean start with "V5"? If you meant volume 5, why choose that as a place to start? And lol, the only language I am completely fluent in is English, so even though I would love to translate it, it's a no-go for me.
I'm assuming that Kira0802 means to start translating at a more exciting volume to garner attention. That or to translate up to volume 5 and seeing if people like it before continuing.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

ReddishWhite wrote:
azneas wrote:What do you mean start with "V5"? If you meant volume 5, why choose that as a place to start? And lol, the only language I am completely fluent in is English, so even though I would love to translate it, it's a no-go for me.
I'm assuming that Kira0802 means to start translating at a more exciting volume to garner attention. That or to translate up to volume 5 and seeing if people like it before continuing.
I believe he may have been referring to the fact that the license state of this series still seems to be somewhat under question. It was mentioned a couple pages back that there was a similar issue with a different series that had to be started at a later volume because of the license situation.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Thats probably right.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Talking about bothè the fact is that it's licenced, and putting a chapter following volume 1 can make people wondering what's between the two English volumes.
Kira0802

Grisia
Astral Realm

Post by Grisia »

I love MS so much, having read and reread the first volume so many times. I've tried reading the Google translate version of volume 2, but doesn't make any sense :( . I know that the lack of Korean translators and that not many people know about the series makes it difficult to pick up the project. However, if possible, it would be nice if MS could be picked up eventually because its a great series and it deserves to receive recognition. Other than that, I would like to thank the contributors of Baka-Tsuki and its various staff members for releasing several of its projects.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Grisia wrote:I love MS so much, having read and reread the first volume so many times. I've tried reading the Google translate version of volume 2, but doesn't make any sense :( . I know that the lack of Korean translators and that not many people know about the series makes it difficult to pick up the project. However, if possible, it would be nice if MS could be picked up eventually because its a great series and it deserves to receive recognition. Other than that, I would like to thank the contributors of Baka-Tsuki and its various staff members for releasing several of its projects.
Try the ATLAS translation if you can't read Google Translate's.
Kira0802

azneas
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by azneas »

A sizeable part of Vol 2 has been edited and changed into something readable, just fyi. You can find it on jcafe.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Reminds me that I forgot to tell that the novel was pretty enjoyable.
Kira0802

ReddishWhite
Astral Realm

Post by ReddishWhite »

So are there still any issues holding this series back from becoming a project aside from possibly lack of interested translators?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ReddishWhite wrote:So are there still any issues holding this series back from becoming a project aside from possibly lack of interested translators?
There might be others, though it can be solved throughout discussions and such things.
Kira0802

azneas
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by azneas »

Breaking News: MS is being picked up by Odd Squad Scans :D
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

azneas wrote:Breaking News: MS is being picked up by Odd Squad Scans :D
Do you mean the novels? Or the manga?
Kira0802

azneas
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by azneas »

Sadly, there is no manga so yes, Odd Squad Scans has expressed interest in translating it. However, they're still looking for Korean translators so it may still be some time until the novel gets translated. Fortunately, this most likely shortens the wait time on MS from "almost never" to "soon".

Return to “Hosted”