Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 452

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Moonlight Sculptor

Post by Mystes »

That's great!

Do you have a linkn to their announcement page?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ReddishWhite
Astral Realm

Post by ReddishWhite »

I dunno if we can post links here but
http://www.oddsquad.org/2011/06/eh-v1c8-v2c1.html

Deleted double post. - TGM
Vielfras
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vielfras »

Now that Odd squad supposedly picked up the project... I'm juts wondering if there is any chance of Baka-Tsuki working together with them for a common goal?

Maximizing reading potential and translating speed, is a collaboration possible?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Vielfras wrote:Now that Odd squad supposedly picked up the project... I'm juts wondering if there is any chance of Baka-Tsuki working together with them for a common goal?

Maximizing reading potential and translating speed, is a collaboration possible?
Search for the Koreans here then. There aren't many.
Kira0802

Onyx
Astral Realm

Post by Onyx »

I am looking for the raw of moonlight sculptor. I think I will go berserk if I don't read the continued series. I can no longer think straight because I want to know what happens to Weed. I read the first volume over six times and it has never bored me once. I tried to download the raws of moonlight sculptor, but I can't find it, even after spending hours. If anyone have them, can he(or she) send me them by PM? Between fans of this top-rated novel, I am sure you can!

Sorry if my english is bad. I only know french but this novel is great over the limit of languages, so I learned :) .
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Onyx wrote:I am looking for the raw of moonlight sculptor. I think I will go berserk if I don't read the continued series. I can no longer think straight because I want to know what happens to Weed. I read the first volume over six times and it has never bored me once. I tried to download the raws of moonlight sculptor, but I can't find it, even after spending hours. If anyone have them, can he(or she) send me them by PM? Between fans of this top-rated novel, I am sure you can!

Sorry if my english is bad. I only know french but this novel is great over the limit of languages, so I learned :) .
Try tyoing it on the net simply. Or I think one of the BT member would be happy to send you a private message.
Kira0802

Onyx
Astral Realm

Post by Onyx »

Ok, I will do so. Thanks.
BakaWeiss
Astral Realm

Post by BakaWeiss »

+1 to Interested People.

I too would like to have the raws. Just in case and all that.
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

Any news?
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

Not much since Odd Squad released the first new chapter.
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

And they arent interested to host it here?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Astral100
Astral Realm

Post by Astral100 »

Hmmm, the oddsquad translation is pretty much dead apparently.

Well, for people who really really want this novel translated there is another way.
Which is to pay money for the translation.

The translation of 1 volume of a novel costs around 2 - 4 thousand dollars.
Suppose there were enough people to pitch in and donate enough for a volume translation, professional translators could be hired to do this job.

Now, that takes about what, 200 to 400 people willing to pay around $10 for a volume.

Well, if someone were to organize a page or something and gather enough money for a translation that could be probably done.

Me personally, I would readily pay something like $50 per volume just to see it translated. But that is just me.
To find enough people willing to pay money for a novel is not gonna be easy.
Still it is the only option now that oddsquad translation is dead.

So, anybody willing to step up and organize it? :)
Osennecho
Astral Realm

Post by Osennecho »

Well pretty much dead was the correct terminology. Believe it or not they uploaded chapter 15 today :D
I was doing my now weekly check and saw it and was like :roll: *refreshes page while pinching self* 8) It's true!!!!!!!!!
Naeko
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Naeko »

From the way the main character behaves, he is totally hung up on grinding his way to success. With the emphasis on wealth, one would expect the standard cliches to occur sooner or later in the book series - acquires "Monty Haul" luck, acquires super powers, acquires super loyal supernatural allies, acquires real life rich beautiful girlfriend. Those are the typical cliche items one can expect of shallowly-written Deus ex Machina RPG plotlines.

I find it disturbing that the author's prose style continually emphasises "objects" and "who owns them". There is scant discussion about the politics, relationships, and other activities of the other characters in anything but a glossing over. The author doesn't include vignettes of the other major supporting characters in the game which suggests they are throwaway support characters.
the_glob
Astral Realm

Post by the_glob »

I registered just to say this

I just finished reading this up to the current 15 chapters over at oddsquad. The novel is great stuff. Now i understand why people are interested in seeing the rest translated.

Only other thing i could find was over at royalroadweed, who had very short stuff, in some cases a Q & A, on the other 30+ volumes

Return to “Hosted”