Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 452

CutePurplebunnies
Astral Realm

Moonlight Sculptor - Now with a Poll ^.^;

Post by CutePurplebunnies »

• Official Translation for first 16 chapters (Company closed, abandoned)
  • OSS doing remainder of Volume 2, and possibly 3
  • Author has stated he will not exercise rights in English domain For volumes up to 5 for a period extending to December, 2014, and possibly beyond (Source: blog.naver.com/wargod80
Last edited by CutePurplebunnies on Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Moonlight Sculptor - Now with a Poll ^.^;

Post by arczyx »

I really like this to be translated. Oddsquad did a great job with their translation, but they haven't update for really a while now. And when I take a glimpse at Jcafe, it seems LMS is a really epic novel.

Now we just need a korean translators here (which is the hard part)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Moonlight Sculptor has already a thread -> so it will be merged...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Sunspawn
Astral Realm

Legendary Moonlight Sculptor

Post by Sunspawn »

A few members of Odd-Squad's forums decided to translate the LN mentioned in the title from a russian translation one of them found. I have joined in after seeing the thread they made.

LMS is an awesome novel about a VRMMO, Royal Road, and the main character, a guy named Harn/Hyun/Heen/noideadependsontranslation Lee, who plays as the PC Weed. Really funny, has a ton of action and all that stuff. Epic stuff, imo better than 1/2 Prince and SAO(feels a tad more mature-oriented than both and never forgets that it's a game, unlike the former(Prince)).

The thing is, we don't have someone who knows korean and can edit the translation to prevent the content from being twisted due to translating from a translation.

Finally, we get to what I want to say: anyone minds joining in the above-mentioned role? Knowledge of Korean is a must, quite obviously. Russian is optional.

email me at nikolay.babkin at gmail.com
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I think here arent many Koreans around...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Shiroux
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiroux »

and Odd Squad official drop the translation after finishing up volume 2. Now, either wait and pray that some group/company would pick it up or learn Korean....or try the incomprehensible google translation?
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

The only way to continue the project is to find a Korean translator who'll be interested in MS.

Finding one is hard, but it's not like he/she'll work on MS... I'll try to find someone, but it'll take a while.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
NightStabber
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by NightStabber »

With Oddsquad dropping this project, I would also like to have this awesome serie worked on (absolutely no pressure tho). I'm in absolutely no way a translator so I'm really glad for all the work done by everyone here. But if a Korean translator can be found, I'd probably jump all over the place (well maybe not because my wife would probably think me weird :lol: )

Anyway in the meantime, I'd suggest people to go onto http://royalroadweed.blogspot.ca/ for roughly translated work till Volume 3 - chapter 10, and ongoing. It really isn't up to the quality found here but still better than nothing.

Thank you.
watermagi
Astral Realm

Post by watermagi »

Too bad Odd Squad Dropped it... I was hoping they would keep up with it...but oh well..Now if only Baka-tsuki had more Korean translators who would pick this one up it would be great..

Oh well...here's to hoping... After some more reading of summaries and what not, and painfully reading the horrible machine translation version. I really hope someone or some company reads this and decides to develop the system i.e., the capsule unit, and the game "royal Road" It will be fun to play if they actually did develop it.
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

Saw that OddSquad dropped it today. They did a great job finishing up volume 2.

Perhaps use kickstarter.com for hireing a translator? Would be no-profit involved. See how much it would cost for 3 volumes and then ask for that amount? If the goal isnt reached the money is just returned to the givers. Good to use a 3rd party site.
If anyone starts a project there please drop a link on this forum so I can drop a couple of € into the project.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Hiring a translator in exchange of money isn't a really good option. BT's translations are illegal, so we should avoid to do that.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Johnji wrote:Saw that OddSquad dropped it today. They did a great job finishing up volume 2.

Perhaps use kickstarter.com for hireing a translator? Would be no-profit involved. See how much it would cost for 3 volumes and then ask for that amount? If the goal isnt reached the money is just returned to the givers. Good to use a 3rd party site.
If anyone starts a project there please drop a link on this forum so I can drop a couple of € into the project.
That should be done rather off-site lol
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Well...we got a representative from RRW to agree to host this project on BT.

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php/topic, ... #msg743148

For Oddsquad's translations for volume 2, I told some members to notify them that we're hosting their translations. (since I don't want to go baesin baesin on the translators by not informing them).

Oni, if you're reading this, you can send this project right to the sidebar.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... t_Sculptor
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

Teh_ping wrote:Well...we got a representative from RRW to agree to host this project on BT.

http://www.jcafe24.net/index.php/topic, ... #msg743148

For Oddsquad's translations for volume 2, I told some members to notify them that we're hosting their translations. (since I don't want to go baesin baesin on the translators by not informing them).

Oni, if you're reading this, you can send this project right to the sidebar.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... t_Sculptor
I have asked for the same from OSS. Nothing confirmed as yet.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

chancs wrote:I have asked for the same from OSS. Nothing confirmed as yet.
Well, I like how they did the 'copy-safe' feature there, and given their policy, I think it should be fine. It's rude not to tell them though, and we'll just host their links. If we have oddsquad's permission, just edit the MS page to show that we have the permission without referring to me. If not...just remove the links.

PS: Well, it took me 8 months to figure out my account ID on jcafe...

Return to “Hosted”