Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel Translated?"

"Yes"
99%
"Not Really (Please give a reason)"
No votes
"No (Please give a reason)"
1%

Total votes: 452

jonilennon
Astral Realm

Moonlight Sculptor:Hosted

Post by jonilennon »

The Moonlight Sculptor (Novel)

Description
Synopsis: The master of flattery who will pour praises upon NPCs if it will get him one more copper coin! The avatar of hard work who is willing to hit a dummy without rest for 1 month in order to gain stats! For Wid everything and anything he does in the virutal reality of Royal Road is related to his one goal.

Make money, become number one and use the fame and power to make even more money. Enough to say goodbye to poverty forever!

What he doesn't know however is that fate has another thing in mind for him...

- One of, if not the most popular game novel series in Korea, Moonlight Sculptor follows the development of the main Character (Wid) through his trials and tribulations. Through the story so far he has picked up new friends, admirers, and devoted enemies aplenty from his time as the terror of the Continent of Magic (A game he played before starting RR). A character who overcomes impossible odds through sheer hard work without relying on any bugs or balance breaking items! Read this and you won't be disappointed!

The first chapter is translated here
http://mlsculptor.blogspot.com

but it seems he stops the translation for personal reasons.
wonder if you guys can continue them. thanks.
quethiril
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Moonlight Sculptor

Post by quethiril »

So... the original novel is in Korean?
jonilennon
Astral Realm

Post by jonilennon »

yes, the original novel is in korean. PM me if you need the novels.
Shadowfire
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfire »

I also wish this series could be translated. Only the first novel has been officially translated into English.
herman5209
Astral Realm

Post by herman5209 »

I also would love it if someone can translate this novel.

Raws can be found here. Vol 1 - 19:

*edited*

The first volume is already translated from: http://ninyave.blogspot.com/2011/03/moo ... lptor.html

This novel is similar to sword art online and 1/2 prince . I love series about virtual reality role playing games.

Please someone continue it.. There is a cliff hanger when vol 1 finishes lol...
Last edited by Darklor on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no links to raws
Vielfras
Astral Realm

Post by Vielfras »

I would like to know if this project is going to be picked up or not.
I've been a fan of this novel ever since Jun translated the first 2 chapters. However as there has been no response from him for some time now I doubt we will see any of the 2nd volume translated to English.
A few days ago Ninyave uploaded the scans of the last chapter of volume 1(The entire volume can be found here http://ninyave.blogspot.com/2011/03/moo ... lptor.html as herman5209 was kind enough to mention). This marked the end for many fans who followed this novel closely. As only the one volume was published in English I feel like I'm being denied one of the most captivating novels I had the pleasure of reading.
I have the raw's, however translating them with an online translator is pointless!

Myself and many others would be very grateful if you decide to pick up this project and translate vol 2 more. Right now I'm slowly cleaning the scans and getting them ready for print. I've read the first volume 4 times already and once I print it into a proper paperback book I will read it again, and once more after that.

I do not know Korean and English is not my native language. Nonetheless if you decide to pick up the project I will gladly type the whole volume on a Word file from the scans, for you to use on your site. It is the least I can do to help.
If you do pick up the project and ever require help with proof reading or anything else I can do I will be more then willing to help. Russian is my native language and I also had a part time job translating documents to Hebrew. I'm also currently learning French so if I can be of any assistance it's my pleasure.

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor is all I can think of lately, up to the point of sleep deprivation. I even wrote(with a lack of any writing skills) a side story about the hidden class of the cook. If this is not enough to give you an idea of how obsessed I've become with this novel than I don't know what will.
I hate to see the translation stop after only the 1st volume, so I'm begging you(on my knees with my forehead touching the floor), will you help me and many others by picking up this project?

Sorry for rambling...
Vielfras
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vielfras »

I wanted to share the novels description in the last post but forgot.
So here it is: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=59588
Kadi
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Kadi »

Sorry, but I see several problems.

1) It's licensed, and there is a released volume, so hosting that one is out of the question. Even if the official translation is discontinued, volumes 2 and maybe 3 won't be hosted as kind of a buffer, to show goodwill and avoid lawsuits (as with Shana, where Volumes 1 and 2 are released in English, discontinued, and the first volume hosted is Vol 5).
2) I can think of no Korean translator around. Apart from Sharramon, but he's inactive due to RL stuff and if he weren't, he'd probably do Sword Art Online. I can't recall any other Korean translators.
3) Even if you do find a translator, you still need to get permission from the big boss (the last guardian). If you can convince him it's worth risking the lawsuit and get some hype going, you shouldn't have a problem, but... Shana was hyped a whole lot before it was reinstated, so "I know lots of friends of friends of mine" might not cut it. Also, quite a few reliable translators said they'd work on Shana before it was reinstated, which you'd be lacking, considering 2).

Now, I don't want to say that it's completely impossible, but it's not going to be easy.
So, good luck with finding translators and generating enough hype!

(Dammit, that last line doesn't suit me, but people might hit me if I'm too negative again)
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Vielfras
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Vielfras »

Well... I understand. Thank you for explaining things.
I knew this was a longshot, but it never hurts to ask.

Nonetheless, I have the first chapter ready and I'm going to type out the whole volume on Word so I can print my own paperback. If someone decides to keep the translation alive at some point so be it. Until then I guess I'm stuck with rereading what I have and writing spin-offs for my pleasure :) .

I wish Sharramon luck with dealing with his RL stuff, and I hope he gets back soon and brings us more Sword Art. It's the same genre as Moonlight Sculptor but with a nice little twist common to novels about VR games. I've been waiting quite some time now to find out what weapon Kirito will get from that snowy adventure.

Thank you again for the answer, and good luck to all the baka-tsuki staff with their projects. Keep working hard, the fans and readers are out there. Most of them just don't bother registering on the forum. There are more readers then you might think!
Chiizo
Astral Realm

Post by Chiizo »

I just finished reading the first volume and I gotta say it's one of the most engaging stories I've ever read. The main character is so likable yet very sneaky at times. Also the situations he gets into on his quest for money are hilarious. I highly recommend checking out the first volume in order to decide if it's worth forming a team to translate, and even if not, it'd still be a wonderful experience while reading it.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

I also read volume 1 like 5 times already. I am also willing to get down on my knee and beg for a translation. That is how much I like this series. I wonder if there is any Korean to English translator beside in baka-tsuki..
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Mind joining in the conversation?

Well, I want to ask questions about this novel. Is it REALLY licensed, since it's hosted on a BLOG. I also want to know if the one who licensed this still wants to continue this series. Another question: why do they set that Jun's translation was better (on the blog), since it should be an official version that was published? And is a Japanese/Chinese version of this series available?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Chiizo
Astral Realm

Post by Chiizo »

I'm kind of confused about the licensing of this series as well. There is an english release done by Midoraka entertainment but I feel like that company no longer exists. I tried visiting the website they listed in the novel's publication information but all you get is an error. There's also no information about Midoraka entertainment as well when searching around google. The first novel was published on April 2008 and there's been nothing new for the past 3 years. Also for the first volume of the novel, the book was a little longer as it included a portion of content from the beginning of the second novel so maybe there's no english licensing for the 2nd novel + and even the first novel is in question as the english one is different from the korean one. The korean publishers are the only ones who own the rights to this story I think (ROK media) and do not have a english branch.

Edit:
As for a Japanese/Chinese version, I haven't found any information indicating there's one.
Johnji
Astral Realm

Post by Johnji »

Read this series, really liked it. Since they only own the license for a limited period of time its safe to say that it is no longer licensed. I guess the first book didnt sell well enough.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Johnji wrote:Read this series, really liked it. Since they only own the license for a limited period of time its safe to say that it is no longer licensed. I guess the first book didnt sell well enough.
When was it first published?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Hosted”