[NanoDesu]Mayo Chiki!

Discuss the Foreign Projects we have adopted here but are inactive

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How do you find reading Mayo Chiki!?

It was good, please do more!
96%
It was interesting.
4%
Not as good as I thought.
No votes
Boring. Not touching it again.
No votes

Total votes: 102

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

[NanoDesu]Mayo Chiki!

Post by Mystes »

Here's a novel which I would like to see being translated:
Konoe Subaru, 17, has been serving as the butler of Suzutsuki Kanade in school, a classmate of Sakamachi Kinjirou. Due to an accident, Sakamoto discovers Konoe's secret... that he's actually a girl!? Apparently she will be removed from her position if anyone at school finds out. What will unfold from this chain of events?
(From Baka-Updates)

Original title: まよチキ!

I do not know a lot, but heard about it, so if someone has read this, please tell me your feelings about it.

I'm nearly 100% sure that it is not licensed, since it's not written on Wikipedia's list.

For the raws, well, I have some Chinese volumes .txt format fan-translated from Japanese. If there's a Japanese translator, I can try finding some scans.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Project Plea: Mayo Chiki

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

You're going to have to read the Petition Guidelines before this gets off the ground.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

kira0802 wrote:Here's a novel which I would like to see being translated:
Konoe Subaru, 17, has been serving as the butler of Suzutsuki Kanade in school, a classmate of Sakamachi Kinjirou. Due to an accident, Sakamoto discovers Konoe's secret... that he's actually a girl!? Apparently she will be removed from her position if anyone at school finds out. What will unfold from this chain of events?
(From Baka-Updates)

Original title: まよチキ!

I do not know a lot, but heard about it, so if someone has read this, please tell me your feelings about it.
Wow, sure is lacking in terms of everything...

Basically, I saw the manga, though it didnt interest me enough to get the novel.

Sakamachi basically has female phobia, and nose bleeds whenever a female touches him.(Note: the reason being he is a sandbag for his sister and mother, so nose bleeds would make them stop beating him up). And one day when he visits the loo, he meets Konoe Subaru in one cubicle, only to see that "he"is wearing a cute female panty~ Konoe tries to make him forget forcefully(with force), but fails, and Suzutsuki(An extreme S) drags Sakamachi along into their little secret. It seems that Konoe, in order to be her butler, is supposed to graduate without letting anyone know that "he" is actually a female. In return, they agree to try to help Sakamachi overcome his female phobia. As Suzutsuki is an extreme S and Konoe is an extremely obedient butler, a lot of weird fun and laughs were created. Furthermore, Sakamachi's sister was eventually charmed by Konoe(Known to be male), and a lot of other combinations occur, creating a messy relationship.

Its something like this? But personally I read more of Ladies X Butlers, so I would leave this one out from my read list.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Something like that. It is not the best series, but I love the character designs.

I believe the title stands for:

迷える執事とチキンな俺。
The Wandering Butler and I, the Chicken.

Chicken is a pun of the MC's name.

Personally, I haven't read very far in the novels but I adore the manga, if only for the gorgeous characters.
Konoe is...amazingly cute.

Oh, yes, the humour is pretty good. As it stands, it cannot match Baka to Test, which I will be working on next, but I may give a thought to translating it afterward.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

YoakeNoHikari wrote:Something like that. It is not the best series, but I love the character designs.

I believe the title stands for:

迷える執事とチキンな俺。
The Wandering Butler and I, the Chicken.

Chicken is a pun of the MC's name.

Personally, I haven't read very far in the novels but I adore the manga, if only for the gorgeous characters.
Konoe is...amazingly cute.

Oh, yes, the humour is pretty good. As it stands, it cannot match Baka to Test, which I will be working on next, but I may give a thought to translating it afterward.
I think its not "wandering butler", more like "wavering" or "lost"?

And baka to test has humor that is hard to come by, not much can compare against it haha. Though personally, i would think that it is slightly above the average novels, but not that special/unique? (NOTE: I have not read the actual novels, so this is all speculations!!)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

Is it? I do not know if it has an official title in English, but I translated 「迷える」 directly.
「迷える」 is the conditional form of 「迷う」, 'lose your way' (literally and figuratively), but for reasons unknown to me, when appended to a noun it means 'wandering' or 'stray'. (If I am not wrong, this applies to a few other verbs as well.)

If it is wavering, I am not ready to dispute that with my horrible Japanese. It could be that 'wavering' is a result of using 「迷う」 in its figurative sense.

At any rate, yes, the novels are hardly amazing. Perfect for moe-buta like me.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Unless the story suggests otherwise specifically, I'd side with Shadow's interpretation of "mayoeru" as "wavering" or "lost."
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

'Wavering' would fit Konoe better. It depends on whether you take 'wandering' as literally or figuratively, the latter being something akin to: "Wandering between two choices."

That said, I like the MC of this novel.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

A poll has been added. Thanks for the warning TGM.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
mattysama
Astral Realm

Post by mattysama »

God i love the anime and im guessing the novels would have alot more stuff in it so yeah i really hope you guys pick this up :D
The True Evangelion
Astral Realm

Post by The True Evangelion »

I was expecting the anime to suck...........

Oh god I wish I could punch my past self for thinking that, this anime seemsgeneric harem/ecchi antics, but it's actually pretty good. I would read this if Translated
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

it sucks for me. but Suzutsuki is my favorite character. why? --> (1). voiced by Kitamura Eri. (2) black hair twin-tail con acting up. but the story sucks for me (anime-only).
A-non
Astral Realm

Post by A-non »

After having watched all the anime so far, I too, would like to see this translated sooner or later. I've already read all of CSR that's out, and am waiting on the next bits of it, lol. And this would be a great series to host on the sight, seeing as people watching the anime would like to know what happens after it ends with a cliffhanger.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

The story is not great, but the character design is beyond Godlike.
revoltracers
Reader

Post by revoltracers »

I have downloaded the anime (what's released of it so far), and if it's good, I am willing to look into translating the novels since butting into projects that are already established seems to be somewhat complicated. The earliest that can happen is in December, though.

Edit: I watched two episodes and I really like the character designs and while I haven't watched enough to grasp the storyline, I think it will be to my liking. Very promising indeed.
And I really like the name Kanade... Oh how I wish Angel Beats was longer.

Return to “Hosted”