[Spoiler]If you like to knew some about v.9

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Shadowfall
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfall »

LQY wrote:Well, after I use my very poor limited Japanese capability to read the novel and my conclusion is only one story line that reader hopes it should be the real story line :roll:
Well, since Volume 10 isn't titled Sasaki ??? No Kyougaku (Do we know Sasaki's first name? Or if Sasaki is her family name?) the alpha is probably going to be canon, if the two endings posted are correct.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Shadowfall wrote:
LQY wrote:Well, after I use my very poor limited Japanese capability to read the novel and my conclusion is only one story line that reader hopes it should be the real story line :roll:
Well, since Volume 10 isn't titled Sasaki ??? No Kyougaku (Do we know Sasaki's first name? Or if Sasaki is her family name?) the alpha is probably going to be canon, if the two endings posted are correct.
As far as I know her last name is Sasaki.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Dan wrote:You mean one of the endings is absolute crap?
I think both ends are interesting but it must be united at next book :wink:

The fun part might be the different story line in processes, not the end.
Anonyman
Astral Realm

Post by Anonyman »

I'm just a guest, but why do people keep saying Tachibana is Mikuru's counterpart? o.O

Wasn't it established that Sneering Itsuki aka Fujiwara was the time traveler? o.o

Or is this more about the roles they play?
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Anonyman wrote:I'm just a guest, but why do people keep saying Tachibana is Mikuru's counterpart? o.O

Wasn't it established that Sneering Itsuki aka Fujiwara was the time traveler? o.o

Or is this more about the roles they play?
I'm guest too, That's because at first if we just look at images of those other sos-dan. Tachibana Kyouko seem like to be Time Travel more than Esper , like Fujiwara is put as Esper instead of Time Travel.

(In short, the mistakes are from we think that other sos-dan "Person and Role" is similar to original sos-dan)
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

you sure it just wasn't a translation error?
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Haiyami wrote:you sure it just wasn't a translation error?
the materials provided had always suggested that Fujiwara is Mikuru's counterpart and Tachibana for Koizumi.

I believe it is more of a misconception since most expected Mikuru's time travelling counterpart to be beautiful as well. at least this is what I thought till I saw the illustrations.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

I think that the majority of the confusion is because, in addition to the fact that the genders have switched in the time traveler versus esper comparison when putting the dark SOS-dan up against the true SOS-dan, those opposite characters are fairly similar, as well. Kyon himself has more-or-less referred to "Fujiwara" as an evil version of Itsuki, especially concerning his omnipresent sneer, and Tachibana is a cute girl who (at least in Volume 7) is apparently quite smitten with Kyon, much like Mikuru appears to be.

This is subverted a bit in Volume 9, as it becomes apparent that Tachibana is their group's designated exposition source, much like Itsuki is for Haruhi's group. We've yet to see a similar correlation between "Fujiwara" and Mikuru, but I'm willing to bet that when we do, it will be memorable (maybe Sasaki makes him dress up as a butler in private).
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

The waiter from the future! Fujiwara!

*Song starts*

Fu~Fu~Fushigi no Fujiwara~

DaDaDaDaDa~TaLaaaa~~~

etc, etc, etc...........

Someone should seriously do that :lol: :lol: :lol:
ButtercupSaiyan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ButtercupSaiyan »

magus wrote:The waiter from the future! Fujiwara!

*Song starts*

Fu~Fu~Fushigi no Fujiwara~

DaDaDaDaDa~TaLaaaa~~~

etc, etc, etc...........

Someone should seriously do that :lol: :lol: :lol:
LMFAO.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”