[Spoiler]If you like to knew some about v.9

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

renrutal
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by renrutal »

LQY wrote:I think our project translators are going to have splitting headaches.
Nice pun on the volume's name. :)
BaKaFiSh wrote:I don't know how many I should register, because I don't know how many people want to t/l. >.<
I'm sure many people might want to translate it, being just 5 chapters. But there's also a chance the Alpha and Beta sides of the same chapter might contain almost the same story and wording, so if you do the translation for one side, the second side could be easier to translate.

If there are two translators for two sides, they should work together on translating, because one might help the other.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Waitwait.

Does it explicitly state that one part is 'alpha' and one is 'beta'?

Or does it just jump around? >.<
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Someone unlock the Vol 9 forum section already. :D
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Yea, there's an 'Alpha' indicator and a 'Beta' indicator
/me claws out throat and dies
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Someone unlock the Vol 9 forum section already. :D
Haha, I was just about to make a thread about that.
Natsuke
Astral Realm

Post by Natsuke »

*twitch*

Just a second.

I have no idea what the hell passed through my brain when I read those spoilers.

One second, I was "haha"ing at Kyon's bewildered face at Haruhi's new outfit, and the other second, well, I think a portion of my brain went "zzt" and died.

That's just mind-blowingly crazy. There's no other way to keep my sanity than to say to myself "You're probably going to have to read it to understand just what made you go blind for a split second."

Crazy, I tell you.

However, one question:
Spoiler! :
I wonder what... um.. other... dimensio- whatever the "other place"... I wonder what Tsuruya would look like.

Also, if I were to imagine another universe... I would think Other Haruhi would have kept the long hair.. possibly even a ponytail.
*walks away, arms up in the air*

This is just out-of-my-intellectual-league crazy. >.>
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

maybe alt. Tsuruya is emo?
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Churuya.
KublaiKhan
Astral Realm

Post by KublaiKhan »

Stratosphere wrote:Churuya.
That's a scary thought.

But as for Natsuke's post, I don't think these are the actual characters just in a different dimension, like Disappearance was, but rather different characters with similar roles.

And with the Alpha and Beta stuff, is there actually two different plots/endings per chapter? Whenever I've seen Alpha/Beta stuff, it's just the chapter broken up into two different parts and not two different stories. But I can't actually read Japanese so I'm not sure if this is the case. Even so, why don't the authors that split them up into two different parts of a chapter just make two different chapters? Meh.

Can't wait for the translations! Do your best GD and BaKa!
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Someone unlock the Vol 9 forum section already. :D
done.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Spoiler! :
May I post all book scans at here? I got them all and I hope it might help the translation project.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Probably not a good idea to just post it.. (I think someone said that somewhere) >.<

But anyone who wants it can PM LQY! >_>
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

BaKaFiSh wrote:Probably not a good idea to just post it.. (I think someone said that somewhere) >.<
But anyone who wants it can PM LQY! >_>
PM me if you wanted scan file.

But I hope you buy the book because scan cannot replace the book.
Shadowfall
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfall »

Ha, I don't think I should just have read through the thread, the notes and illustrations have got me wanting to read it already.

Love the picture of Sasaki and other Mikuru...but I'd much have preferred Kimidori to be Yuki's opposite number rather than the strange loligoth (even if it doesn't fit with the story).
Spoiler! :
Seems kinda strange that the sneering Itsuki is going to be part of the other sos-dan, when he seems to despise all of humanity. I don't think the picture of him looks right at all.

And what's with the picture of Kimidori serving tea to the other sos-dan? All the questions :(
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Shadowfall wrote:
Spoiler! :
Seems kinda strange that the sneering Itsuki is going to be part of the other sos-dan, when he seems to despise all of humanity. I don't think the picture of him looks right at all.
And what's with the picture of Kimidori serving tea to the other sos-dan? All the questions :(
Spoiler! :
Actually, Kimidori has a part-time job as a waitress (which I guess she needs money for surviving :lol: ) and Suou (the other Nagato) is showing out as a common customer (which I guess this is some sort of saying hello between those aliens).

Therefore, I guess Kimidori's boss is possibly having higher rank than Nagato's boss's or Kimidori is some sort of diplomat of the Integrated Data Entity.

Well, based on my very limited Japanese ability, it is my idea.
Personally I hope new characters can add more fun in the novel.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”