[Spoiler]If you like to knew some about v.9

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Adding new characters is welcome, just as long as it doesn't turn out like the Sonic universe.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Stratosphere wrote:Adding new characters is welcome, just as long as it doesn't turn out like the Sonic universe.
Excuse me, what is the Sonic universe?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Hahaha.

Sonic the Hedgehog. They've basically added at least one new character for every game ever released just to try and make it interesting... 'cause nothing else about the game is ever that different from the previous ones.

Then there's the comic series, which has a cast of hundreds at this point (Rot in hell, Penders!)
=Smidge=
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Sonic the Hedgeghog. A lot of people place the blame as to why the new games suck on the side characters. I say it's because Sonic Team is a crappy developer.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Wallpaper sized:
Spoiler! :
Could use a little color balancing, but I'll fix that before uploading to the wiki.

I'll also use the illustration LQY posted earlier, resized. (No sense doing all that work for something that obviously exists already, and they did a good job of it)

There's one more illustration that I'll put together tomorrow, then I'll start scanning the pages for attempting OCR. :)
=Smidge=
Shadowfall
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowfall »

LQY wrote:
Spoiler! :
Actually, Kimidori has a part-time job as a waitress (which I guess she needs money for surviving :lol: ) and Suou (the other Nagato) is showing out as a common customer (which I guess this is some sort of saying hello between those aliens).

Therefore, I guess Kimidori's boss is possibly having higher rank than Nagato's boss's or Kimidori is some sort of diplomat of the Integrated Data Entity.

Well, based on my very limited Japanese ability, it is my idea.
Personally I hope new characters can add more fun in the novel.
Cool, thanks for that.

Yeah, most of the new characters should be good (not convinced on Suou), but I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of the minor characters we already do have (like Tsuruya and Kimidori, though I guess with what you said about her job, we'll see a bit more about her in book 9).
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

I know I've got a pic of Sonic somewhere.... I think Smidge drew it or something :P

P/S: Shouldn't we change this subforum's name to 'the Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi', much like the earlier ones?
/me claws out throat and dies
andres_919
Astral Realm

Post by andres_919 »

I've read the spoilers and know I feel like flying over to japan and buying the novels-------------sigh, sounds like and interesting plot but, given spoilers really does not help with the anticipation. :?:
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Yes this totally blew my mind away. But i think these alternate endings are going to kill it. I don't like it personally. There should be one definite ending. THIS IS NOT A VISUAL NOVEL PC GAME!?!

I mean its like you get to choose which ending to accept. I don't like it. I just hope there is a proper path, or one of the paths ends up being a dream of some sort. *sigh* The plot is getting really complicated now.

I just hope the volume ends with one ending and resolves both the alpha and beta answers.

And I would hate it if haruhi lost her powers. The series would end from that point on.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Haiyami wrote:Yes this totally blew my mind away. But i think these alternate endings are going to kill it. I don't like it personally. There should be one definite ending. THIS IS NOT A VISUAL NOVEL PC GAME!?!
I mean its like you get to choose which ending to accept. I don't like it. I just hope there is a proper path, or one of the paths ends up being a dream of some sort. *sigh* The plot is getting really complicated now.
I just hope the volume ends with one ending and resolves both the alpha and beta answers.
And I would hate it if haruhi lost her powers. The series would end from that point on.
Do not think too much about it because the things you worried about is not happening at least before v.10.

But two story lines goes to a similar end that
Spoiler! :
Nagato
gets a problem......
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

The alpha and beta storylines might end up re-routing to the same ending or something.... something similar to what Koizumi explained in the Volume 7 prologue maybe? We also don't know whether Kyon et al. are actually aware that the alternate alpha/beta storylines are going on and what not, so we can't really make many guesses until we know more.

I mean…are alpha/beta meant to be events happening in two separate dimensions? Are we finally seeing some slider action? Or are they just two possible storylines where only one can be the "real" story? Questions, questions.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

andres_919 wrote:I've read the spoilers and know I feel like flying over to japan and buying the novels-------------sigh, sounds like and interesting plot but, given spoilers really does not help with the anticipation. :?:
Well, one of project translator said they can finish translation in one and half month so I think I wait that.

BTW, the WIKI is showing some of recent translation progress although there is only two lines, now.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Symphonia wrote:The alpha and beta storylines might end up re-routing to the same ending or something.... something similar to what Koizumi explained in the Volume 7 prologue maybe? We also don't know whether Kyon et al. are actually aware that the alternate alpha/beta storylines are going on and what not, so we can't really make many guesses until we know more.
I mean…are alpha/beta meant to be events happening in two separate dimensions? Are we finally seeing some slider action? Or are they just two possible storylines where only one can be the "real" story? Questions, questions.
Well, after I use my very poor limited Japanese capability to read the novel and my conclusion is only one story line that reader hopes it should be the real story line :roll:
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

You mean one of the endings is absolute crap?
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

Is it just me, or does anybody else feel when they eventually get around to animating Volume 9, for what would be at least season 3 or 4 at that point, that Kugimiya Rie would be good for Suou? I haven't a clue what her demeanor is, beyond the little that has been described, but she certainly looks like someone who says "Muri" and "Urusai" a lot.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”