[Spoiler]If you like to knew some about v.9

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Should ship tomorrow for me, I'll have my own scans up by the end of the week.

Still haven't found any decent Japanese capable OCR yet, but the one I have I'm willing to give it a try. The plaintext versions I got for the other volumes are really valuable for this kind of work!

=Smidge=
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

HolyCow wrote:3 months per book eh... So that means 8 x 3 months = 24 months = roughly 2 years for them to finish translating them.
We got them done by a year and a half 8)
Back on topic, I want to read Haruhi too, but fortunately I've got GOTH to keep me occupied until then :D
Well, actually, it did not need to take that long but it is written on the contract so nobody will keep that hurry.

(If I could finish a book in one month but I could not have extra bonus for that hard work, why should I finish the book within one month instead of three? :lol: )

Btw, you are not only one person to do the job, right?
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

GDsMDDLFNGR wrote:I'm hoping my copy ships tomorrow... then I should get 1-2 days after that :P
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

LQY wrote:(If I could finish a book in one month but I could not have extra bonus for that hard work, why should I finish the book within one month instead of three? :lol: )
I'd have two months to work on another job that I'd get paid for.

Phase 1) Finish job early
Phase 2) Use extra time to do another job
Phase 3) Profit!

=Smidge=
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Oh well, it's tough being an editor eh? Having to clean up all our messes ;P

/me oats Smidge on the back

I generally slack off as much as I can, and only rush things last minute 8)
/me claws out throat and dies
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

Smidge204 wrote:
LQY wrote:(If I could finish a book in one month but I could not have extra bonus for that hard work, why should I finish the book within one month instead of three? :lol: )
I'd have two months to work on another job that I'd get paid for.
Phase 1) Finish job early
Phase 2) Use extra time to do another job
Phase 3) Profit!
=Smidge=
Well, if there is a lot of translation projects for one translator that she or he will have that sort of thinking.

However, in Taiwan, there is too many translators but only a few translation projects.......

For example, V.7 of Haruhi series was using at least 5 months to translate. The reason was the publisher told that translator to slow down because editors did not have time to edit it. :lol:
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

typhonsentra wrote:
GDsMDDLFNGR wrote:I'm hoping my copy ships tomorrow... then I should get 1-2 days after that :P
Ahahahaha! Sexy party at typhonsentra's!
GDsMDDLFNGR
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by GDsMDDLFNGR »

btw, how volume 9 going to be divvied up? :shock: same way as before? register by chapter?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

I'd assume so. Maybe we should make "Chapter 2 A" "Chapter 2 B" etc ?

=Smidge=
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

GDsMDDLFNGR wrote:btw, how volume 9 going to be divvied up? :shock: same way as before? register by chapter?
Smidge204 wrote:I'd assume so. Maybe we should make "Chapter 2 A" "Chapter 2 B" etc ?
=Smidge=
Well, it is quite confused because those alpha and beta sections are sub-chapters within the chapter.

I think our project translators are going to have splitting headaches.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

So how do we know which path is the official one? Both endings can't be correct. and followed up on in upcoming books.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

typhonsentra wrote:So how do we know which path is the official one? Both endings can't be correct. and followed up on in upcoming books.
Well, it keeps you wondering about it and go to buy v.11 :twisted:
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Actually, I think we should just put one translator per chapter.

Seeing as it would sorta work..>_>

I am one of those who will be translating.

I don't know how many I should register, because I don't know how many people want to t/l. >.<
Kanzar
Astral Realm

Post by Kanzar »

Smidge204 wrote:Should ship tomorrow for me, I'll have my own scans up by the end of the week.

Still haven't found any decent Japanese capable OCR yet, but the one I have I'm willing to give it a try. The plaintext versions I got for the other volumes are really valuable for this kind of work!

=Smidge=
Ah, really? Should I go searching again?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

:E

I dunno. It might be fun to try and convert it to plain text myself... at the very least educational. Good practice for reading.
=Smidge=

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”