Can someone add percent to each chapter

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Dan wrote:
typhonsentra wrote:Nice update today. :D
Woah! You're alive! :lol:
Back from the dead is more like it. :P

And yet again, I come home to find another sizeable addition.

Nice work, Mr. Deskoh!
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

typhonsentra wrote:
Dan wrote: Woah! You're alive! :lol:
Back from the dead is more like it. :P

And yet again, I come home to find another sizeable addition.

Nice work, Mr. Deskoh!
Thanks, but there is still a long way to go. so I am trying to cover as much as possible before end april before my exams. but this means my translations might need more editing. hope the editors do not mind :lol:
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Well deskoh91, I've just put your name on the translator's list. Now to wait for Oni to upgrade your status to translator

:D
/me claws out throat and dies
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

HolyCow wrote:Well deskoh91, I've just put your name on the translator's list. Now to wait for Oni to upgrade your status to translator

:D
Thanks. :D This is where I read the various Haruhi novels and since I can now, I am glad to give back. I hope what I done so far is presentable..
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

There' nothing wrong with your work from what I've read, deskoh. We translators should just leave the editing to the editors. That's what they're here for 8)
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Yikes, every day something new. :shock:

I've tried to do some minor editing too, just a touch-up here and there. Most of it was fine when I started reading this morning up until the end where the grammar was kind of jumbled and confused.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

typhonsentra wrote:Yikes, every day something new. :shock:

I've tried to do some minor editing too, just a touch-up here and there. Most of it was fine when I started reading this morning up until the end where the grammar was kind of jumbled and confused.
I noticed that too. some parts are really just direct chinese to english translations and I just cannot find a good way to rephrase it. feel free to make changes.
Eh-chan
Astral Realm

Post by Eh-chan »

Hello! I am "Haruhi's loyal subordinate", but this forum wouldn't let me use that name or any variation of it that I tried so I just went with this simple, unrelated one.

I wanted to thank you deskoh91 (and obviously all of the other translators) for your hard work! I've also been working hard to help edit, as you can see. I really want to help this project too, so I will do my best.

I've already gone over the first 30% very carefully and will continue to carefully go over new blocks of translation as they are added so you don't have to worry about it. I really enjoy editing and am just happy to finally be able to help this project.

(by the way, I only just read all 8 volumes over my spring break, having watched the anime shortly before that. I decided to register now that the translation on volume 9 has begun).

Keep up the great work everyone! I look forward to working with you!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Welcome to the family of followers. 8)
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Eh-chan wrote:Hello! I am "Haruhi's loyal subordinate", but this forum wouldn't let me use that name or any variation of it that I tried so I just went with this simple, unrelated one.

I wanted to thank you deskoh91 (and obviously all of the other translators) for your hard work! I've also been working hard to help edit, as you can see. I really want to help this project too, so I will do my best.

I've already gone over the first 30% very carefully and will continue to carefully go over new blocks of translation as they are added so you don't have to worry about it. I really enjoy editing and am just happy to finally be able to help this project.

(by the way, I only just read all 8 volumes over my spring break, having watched the anime shortly before that. I decided to register now that the translation on volume 9 has begun).

Keep up the great work everyone! I look forward to working with you!
I would need to thank you for working on my language too. :D
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

According to the wiki:

HolyCow added 2000 or so letters (not words) into the GOTH: Wristcut page.

Deskoh91 added 20000+ letters into the Volume 9 Prologue.

I'm lazy :P

Nice to see so much progress on the prologue deskoh! At this rate it'll be finished by next week :D
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Eh-chan wrote:Hello! I am "Haruhi's loyal subordinate", but this forum wouldn't let me use that name or any variation of it that I tried so I just went with this simple, unrelated one.

That's because no one is allowed to impersonate Haruhi, Kyon, Yuki, or Mikuru on these forum, mostly for our own sanity, and in the most remote possibility, to prevent those users from inheriting the traits from our lovely idols.

Of course, your welcome to use any variation from Itsuki koizumi, and any of his so called attributes...

which I might add, seems that some of our regular users already have, with or without using any variation of his name.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

onizuka-gto wrote:which I might add, seems that some of our regular users already have, with or without using any variation of his name.... :roll:
/me haS no idEa whaT or wHo oni is talking about.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

HolyCow wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:which I might add, seems that some of our regular users already have, with or without using any variation of his name.... :roll:
/me haS no idEa whaT or wHo oni is talking about.
/agrees :?
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

HolyCow wrote:According to the wiki:

HolyCow added 2000 or so letters (not words) into the GOTH: Wristcut page.

Deskoh91 added 20000+ letters into the Volume 9 Prologue.

I'm lazy :P

Nice to see so much progress on the prologue deskoh! At this rate it'll be finished by next week :D
and it remains largely readable because of the efforts of Akiha, Eh-chan, Shadowfall and various anonymous editors on them.

anyway I am working in such blinding pace because I hope to cover over half the entire chapter before going on a two or three weeks break for exams. so please do read slowly. :lol:

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”