News: the Motherland version of V.9 is just released...

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

LQY
Astral Realm

News: the Motherland version of V.9 is just released...

Post by LQY »

Well, I think it is possibly for at least one more month or a few weeks that we can see download of txt file in Chinese website......
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

erm, where can I find the motherland version? you can pm me if you dont want to share it here.
LQY
Astral Realm

Post by LQY »

deskoh91 wrote:erm, where can I find the motherland version? you can pm me if you dont want to share it here.
I want to share at here if many people wanted it. It seems not too many people want it, so I think it is better to ask about it privately.
madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

Post by madeintaiwan »

whens Kadokawa Taiwan's volume 9 and 10 coming out?
涼宮春日的分裂
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Long time. :roll:
madeintaiwan
Astral Realm

Post by madeintaiwan »

bother, i want to read Kadokawa Taiwan's volume 9
seems odd reading suzumiya haruhi in english, and as a taiwanese, i'm not used to reading simplified chinese. perhaps i should read the japanese one. is there a estimate as to when volume 9 taiwanese version is coming out?
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

madeintaiwan wrote:bother, i want to read Kadokawa Taiwan's volume 9
seems odd reading suzumiya haruhi in english, and as a taiwanese, i'm not used to reading simplified chinese. perhaps i should read the japanese one. is there a estimate as to when volume 9 taiwanese version is coming out?
just as an estimate.

Volume 8 is released in Japanese on May 2006. the official traditional chinese version on February 2007.

Volume 6 is released in Japanese on March 2005, officially in traditional chinese on April 2006.

nine months to a year perhaps?
PrufrocktheFungus
Astral Realm

Post by PrufrocktheFungus »

motherland version.. means that's in simplified chinese, right? hmmm
could u tell me where to find it too? i wanna give it a try :)
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

you could simple "translate" it from simplified to traditional or traditional to simplified to suit your own personal tastes... (using google or babelfish or something else)
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

erehwon wrote:you could simple "translate" it from simplified to traditional or traditional to simplified to suit your own personal tastes... (using google or babelfish or something else)
Online translators suck 99.99% of the time.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Not if you go from trad to simp or vice versa. It's basically a word-to-word substitution. If you go from chinese --> English, then they basically spout crap 90% of the time (unless you plan to translate a single word/phrase; it's not THAT bas then).
/me claws out throat and dies
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

HolyCow wrote:Not if you go from trad to simp or vice versa. It's basically a word-to-word substitution. If you go from chinese --> English, then they basically spout crap 90% of the time (unless you plan to translate a single word/phrase; it's not THAT bas then).
Oh . . . Could you explain traditional and simplified Chinese for me? I meant to research it but was too lazy to.
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Mainland China uses Simplified

HK and Taiwan use Traditional

:roll:

Simplified is easier to learn, but (IMO) Traditional looks nicer. XD
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

japanese kanji are in traditional chinese too.

traditional chinese usually look nicer and have much more strokes, and it is essentially the original chinese language. simplified chinese takes the original traditional chinese word and simplify its number of strokes to create a easier to write character.

for example, for the title "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya", the traditional system would write it as 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 while the simplified system would look something like 涼宮ハルヒの忧郁.

you can see the difference in 憂鬱 and 忧郁. they are essentially the same word written differently.
BaKaFiSh
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Actually, some kanji are simplified as well (as in not completely the same as traditional), and some are even the same as the ones from Simplified Chinese. XD

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”