New member of the SOS Brigade?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Phoenix14 wrote:
Jumpyshoes wrote:\o/

You act like that's something important.
More important than you.
Ladies, ladies! Take it outside.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

I'm seeing a number of posts implying that the Student Council President is an esper because he's part of the Organization or not because he isn't, and I've got to ask... You guys have picked up that not all the members of the Organization are espers, right? Arakawa, for instance, has shown no signs of being an esper, and in my opinion is too cool to be anything but 100% human. Mori-san gave the impression in Volume 7 that she is a (quite) higher up, and that plus her demeanor in that volume implied she probably is an esper. The Tamaru brothers are an unknown in that respect, but I'm leaning toward the feeling that one is and one isn't. As for the SCP, I believe that Koizumi states at one point, as Setherzam noted, that he is an independent contractor of sorts.

They never actually say whether or not all the members of the Organization are espers, but they do say that there are only a handful of espers, while the Organization has shown enough resources to imply there are considerably more than "a handful" of members. I think the small number of members Kyon (and by extension the reader) has seen is an effort by the author (and by extension the Organization) to sow a little confusion in that area. Besides, Koizumi has stated more than once that the espers awakened all over the world, so I doubt all the espers or Closed Spaces are in Japan.
point-blank_sniper_drail
Astral Realm

Post by point-blank_sniper_drail »

quigonkenny wrote:
They never actually say whether or not all the members of the Organization are espers, but they do say that there are only a handful of espers, while the Organization has shown enough resources to imply there are considerably more than "a handful" of members.
Yea, if I remember correctly the Organization itself has about 10 espers, I'm probably wrong though, considering i pulled that info from the bak of my head.>_<

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”