tone and style in translation

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

If someone doesn't post for more than two weeks, I assume they died.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Yes Volume 9 is being translated really slowly. Argh I NEED MORE HARUHI VOLUME 9! Translate MORE!
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Sheesh deskoh did 40% in 4 days and that's not enough? How the heck is that considered slow? He's having exams somewhere near next month, and yet he's still taking the time to translate for us. The prologue is very long, mind you, so just be grateful that you're getting any translated at all.

:roll:
/me claws out throat and dies
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by bicube »

Hey, be patient. If deskoh can't translate for a month, bother the other translators to work while he's busy with exams. Then if things go well and deskoh finishes the prologue, we'll have a good chunk of the chapter(s) done. :D
Stop spamming! Stay on topic!

>_>
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

sorry for the slow replies. haven't been online for a while.

regarding the translation, sorry to disappoint. at first I wanted to make it 55% before exams but my mother's health had a bit of problem (gallstones actually) so that kept me busy. this sounds like a very convenient excuse but I swear I am not lying.

exams have started for me. on my side it is currently monday evening (30/4). exams will end next friday (11/5). it is gonna be nearly two weeks and I do apologise. but I would attempt to reach 70% by 13/5 to make up for the lost time.

the prologue also happens to be the longest chapter at nearly 60 pages. the other 3 chapters are about 30 pages each. so I seek your understanding if the progress seems slow.

in the meantime, like bicube suggested. get bakafish to start work or something so a big chunk will be done by the time I am done. :lol: no offence bakafish.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Don't worry mate, take your time. We understand how hectic exam weeks can be :D

P/S: On a side note here's another translator who did his first translation ever during his exams. No prize for whoever guesses the first one was :)
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Family first, deskoh91. Plus, I also have exams this week...but your's last for two weeks? Killer! :shock:
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Dan wrote:Family first, deskoh91. Plus, I also have exams this week...but your's last for two weeks? Killer! :shock:
yeah.. cannot be helped I guess. :(
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

good luck on your "exam hell"!

Remember, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't go the way you thought it should.

just think of all those poor Japanese kids who couldn't take it, and left behind unfinished eroge, manga, anime series, FFXXVIII, and finally lots of light yummy novels, oh and family.

Yes. don't let their sacrifices be in vain, when all is done, we will all be waiting for you and your translations. some more then others. be wary of them. they might bite and rape you. (TGM, GuestLol, Seth,Umi,Dan)

:roll: :wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

onizuka-gto wrote:......Dan)
Nope, you have to be a loli in a miko costume with cat ears, a tail, glasses, and have unnatural-colored eyes and hair for Dan to rape you.

:D

P/S: Poor Gollum :(
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

HolyCow wrote:Nope, you have to be a loli in a miko costume with cat ears, a tail, glasses, and have unnatural-colored eyes and hair for Dan to rape you.

:D

P/S: Poor Gollum :(

You know me all too well, HolyCow. 8)

Gollum? :shock:
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

The Gollum pic in the miko outfit I posted somewhere in this forum...

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”