Use of "Yuki"

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

Most people do get closer over time. But yeah, I'm waiting for Kyon to finally come to the realization Yuki completely owns.
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

Hm, I noticed that some of the honorific irregularities have been edited out, but some still seem off (mostly near the end of the prologue). The ones I mainly noticed were Koizumi's "kun" being knocked off and Haruhi and Mikuru's Suzumiya-"san" and Asahina-"san". Were these simply lost in translation? Most of them seem to be when Koizumi is speaking, and he doesn't seem the type to suddenly knock off the "san" for Haruhi and Mikuru. Not without a snarky comment from Kyon pointing it out at least...
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Symphonia wrote:Hm, I noticed that some of the honorific irregularities have been edited out, but some still seem off (mostly near the end of the prologue). The ones I mainly noticed were Koizumi's "kun" being knocked off and Haruhi and Mikuru's Suzumiya-"san" and Asahina-"san". Were these simply lost in translation? Most of them seem to be when Koizumi is speaking, and he doesn't seem the type to suddenly knock off the "san" for Haruhi and Mikuru. Not without a snarky comment from Kyon pointing it out at least...
as I said before, I had added them before, only to receive complaints that I am being "inconsistent" with my work. so I decided to just cut honorifics completely.

from what I see, for Kyon, he uses Haruhi, Nagato and Asahina-san. Koizumi uses Suzumiya-san and Haruhi simply addresses everyone in their last name (the more casual name) without honorifics.

if there are still people like you out there who actually understands that it is the writing style of the author, they are welcome to proofread and add them in. I can add them too, but that will definitely take a while.
BaKaFiSh
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BaKaFiSh »

Yeah, Kyon uses Haruhi, Nagato, Asahina-san and Koizumi.

Haruhi uses Kyon, Yuki, Mikuru-chan and Koizumi-san, iirc.

I honestly don't recall Yuki saying anyone's name (Besides Haruhi's)

Mikuru uses Kyon-kun, Nagato-san, Suzumiya-san (?) and Koizumi-kun (?)

And no one cares about Koizumi anyways.

Mind you, this is off the top of my head, I could be wrong. =\
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Haruhi uses Koizumi-kun.

Koizumi... Blah. Suzumiya-san, Asahina-san, Nagato-san and Tsuruya-san if I'm not mistaken.

I think akiha's working on it now, in his yobikata list.
/me claws out throat and dies

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”