Loss of formatting in Alpha and Beta for Chp 2

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

deskoh91
Astral Realm

Loss of formatting in Alpha and Beta for Chp 2

Post by deskoh91 »

NOTE: I am not blaming the anonymous contributor. I just hoped to clarify this issue.

The edits posted by the anonymous contributor (21:53, 22 May 2007, 24.91.215.12) helped to improve the language and grammatical flow, but affected the structural consistency that is found in the book, which will be more important in this volume due to the alpha and beta situations.

one good example would be the way the second paragraph is phrased, which is totally similar in alpha and beta except
Spoiler! :
the mention of a known or unknown voice
I would like to recommend that edits are only to be done when its other alpha/beta equivalent has been translated as well to prevent radical differences in consistency.

the [AN: WTF?] left by the contributor is much uncalled for as well. I suppose it is the unknown caller's love for Math since the younger sister seemed to be talking about Math with the caller (or Sasaki), as can be seen from beta-1. thus my point about editing.

hope I dont come across as offensive. I am just somewhat disturbed by the WTF comment. no hard feelings.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”