Volume 10 Delayed to June 26

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

deskoh91
Astral Realm

Volume 10 Delayed to June 26

Post by deskoh91 »

repost from: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... 8&start=15

its kinda off topic to leave it here but meh, it gets the most traffic. and off-topicing is a culture in Baka-Tsuki. so I guess no one minds. right? :D

can someone translate what is on that poster? especially the strings of words on the bottom right corner. wanted to know their justification for the delay.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Yay! We have a date. Fourteen more days.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Shouldn't you finish translating v. 9 before worrying about anything else?
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Well, other's might be interested in when it comes out to get it for translation.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Jumpyshoes wrote:Shouldn't you finish translating v. 9 before worrying about anything else?
hey, hey, you are making me sound like I am owing you a living. I am just sharing something I saw and wanted to know what it exactly meant.

I apologise if my progress is very slow. but sure, I would get the chapter 2 done, most probably even before the 10th novel comes out. but that doesnt mean I have to work full time for the translation and give up my personal life.

and I also personally recommend you read the chapters chronologically (especially with alpha/betas now). so, although a selfish reason, I do not really need to rush till chapter 1 is completed.

no hard feelings. :D
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

deskoh91 wrote:
Jumpyshoes wrote:Shouldn't you finish translating v. 9 before worrying about anything else?
hey, hey, you are making me sound like I am owing you a living. I am just sharing something I saw and wanted to know what it exactly meant.

I apologise if my progress is very slow. but sure, I would get the chapter 2 done, most probably even before the 10th novel comes out. but that doesnt mean I have to work full time for the translation and give up my personal life.

and I also personally recommend you read the chapters chronologically (especially with alpha/betas now). so, although a selfish reason, I do not really need to rush till chapter 1 is completed.

Meh. Just saying. No need to bite off my head.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Jumpyshoes wrote:No need to bite off my head.
Hoho! Another inspired way to kill you. :P
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Jumpyshoes wrote:
deskoh91 wrote: hey, hey, you are making me sound like I am owing you a living. I am just sharing something I saw and wanted to know what it exactly meant.

Meh. Just saying. No need to bite off my head.
am just clarifying. no hard feelings. I am much better than the rest of the fellow BTs at the TTS thread =)
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

deskoh91 wrote:am just clarifying. no hard feelings. I am much better than the rest of the fellow BTs at the TTS thread =)
You follow that thread? I was under the impression only the people who contributed did . . . . .
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Jumpyshoes wrote:
deskoh91 wrote:am just clarifying. no hard feelings. I am much better than the rest of the fellow BTs at the TTS thread =)
You follow that thread? I was under the impression only the people who contributed did . . . . .
actually no. I just read it today. entertaining read. :lol:
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

deskoh91 wrote:
Jumpyshoes wrote: You follow that thread? I was under the impression only the people who contributed did . . . . .
actually no. I just read it today. entertaining read. :lol:
It's entertaining to read how to kill me . . . . . . Wow. I've confirmed it. Everyone hates me . . . . . .
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Trust me Deskoh, when people complain about slow translations you're probably the last person any of us think of. Your pace is more than adequate.

That said, I hope this current book is translated before the next one comes out. It's always hard to avoid spoilers for these kinds of things.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Jumpyshoes wrote:
deskoh91 wrote: actually no. I just read it today. entertaining read. :lol:
It's entertaining to read how to kill me . . . . . . Wow. I've confirmed it. Everyone hates me . . . . . .
dont feel so sad. I am a relative newcomer here but I guess you pissed the socks off one of the big bosses?

EDIT: wait. you are newbier than me. what the heck did you do to incur their wrath in such a short span of time?
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

typhonsentra wrote:Trust me Deskoh, when people complain about slow translations you're probably the last person any of us think of. Your pace is more than adequate.

That said, I hope this current book is translated before the next one comes out. It's always hard to avoid spoilers for these kinds of things.
thanks for the assurance :D but maybe I can beat Kinny's speed one day? (fat hope.)

back on topic, I should be fine finishing Chapter 2 before my June break ends, which would be before v10 release.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

deskoh91 wrote:
Jumpyshoes wrote: It's entertaining to read how to kill me . . . . . . Wow. I've confirmed it. Everyone hates me . . . . . .
dont feel so sad. I am a relative newcomer here but I guess you pissed the socks off one of the big bosses?

EDIT: wait. you are newbier than me. what the heck did you do to incur their wrath in such a short span of time?
lol. You just noticed? Read the Ooops LULZ post. It was just one comment . . . .

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”