Replacement translator for Chapter 1?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Anonymous wrote:
deskoh91 wrote: haha sorry about that. kept forgetting the bureaucracy work. will go do the forwarding and stuff this saturday.
replacing the "preview" seems like you're underscoring deskoh91's work...

perhaps b-t should reconcile both translations and possibly merge/compromise instead of completely replacing one with another
thank you for your advice, however as stated by other users there are problems with merged script. Unless you are a translator yourself, it is difficult to have a consistent flow with the overall script in mind. sure, if we have enough time, and editors to work on it, merge scripts can work. however editors here, are not forced to work set times, or have set goals, nor are they paid or have the necessary time to sacrifice for it.
this is the reality of community based translation group.
so for the sake of speed, it is best to have only one translator work on one chapter.

But also a more important reason for this system stem from the early days of the project where it was decided that to avoid future possible conflict that was experienced when two translators who wished to translate the same chapter resulted in a clash of ego that threaten the progress of the project, that we operated on a first come first served basis, that only the registered translator will have the final say.

the translator who wish to help "speed up" slow progressive chapters can volunteer their help while fully understanding this principle. it is a testimony to them, that they understand the reasons for it, and yet still willing to lend a hand.

i do not think this underscores any of there work they provide for us English readers, but actually highlights them.

so please look forward to deskoh work.

thank you.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

It doesn't upset me Deskoh, and I was glad that he posted so much information. Really, he actually tried to prepare us for the lack of an ending.... or really even any sort of middle to this story. Unless the last 3 pages have a OMG stunning revelation that is. :P
War3333
Astral Realm

Post by War3333 »

That's a bit odd request... but someone can put a supershort summary (one or two line) of the last four pages of first chapter so that I can begin to read the second chapter?...

It's only four pages can't happen anything shoking ^^.

War3333
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

War3333 wrote:That's a bit odd request... but someone can put a supershort summary (one or two line) of the last four pages of first chapter so that I can begin to read the second chapter?...

It's only four pages can't happen anything shoking ^^.

War3333
Lol, sorry, I'll try finish it asap. Probably tommorow.

Here's the summary
Spoiler! :
They went to that cafe and had some drink, haruhi made every pay for thier own stuff this time. They didn't split into 2 groups this time, but they did do the walk around thing. Kyon had abit talk about tachibana with Koizumi. The chapter ends with him getting a call in the bath.
War3333
Astral Realm

Post by War3333 »

Thanks a lot! :)) take your time and make a good translation that I will read the entire chapter one again after it's finished :)

War3333
chinhchinh
Astral Realm

Post by chinhchinh »

War3333 wrote:
Thanks a lot! :)) take your time and make a good translation that I will read the entire chapter one again after it's finished :)

War3333
Your user name works fine, btw.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

So does Smidge's. And he's a project editor . . . :lol:
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Well I guess the book is done now (Or as close to it as you need to be to understand the whole story). Good job to Magus, Canthelpit, Bakafish, and especially Deskoh! It's been quite a ride, thanks for sharing the latest volume with the rest of us! :D
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Finally finished the last two page, just have to do the poem part :3
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

magus wrote:Finally finished the last two page, just have to do the poem part :3
Thanks Magus. Great Job!
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

I can't believe the author left the story hanging like this, now the second half has been delayed indefinitely?
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Truthfully it wasn't much of a cliffhanger....
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Which part was not a cliffhanger? I thought the transition from chapter 1 to chapter 2 was a bit of one, especially since I have been waiting to read this for months on end, like most who visit this forum. If you do visit this site and still do not think highly of this novel, run away from your free Shion-ing! (insert evil laugh) Just kidding, but it is good so far. I am just starting chapter 3.
ryvrdrgn15
Astral Realm

Post by ryvrdrgn15 »

Thanks for the hard work of everyone in the project. I really didn't understand much of it until it was all completed.

Now I'm gonna go read the whole thing again from start to finish. XD

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”