Replacement translator for Chapter 1?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Yay. Chapter 3 is being picked up again.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

That just made my night....

I have a strange habit of staying up until six and then sleeping till four...
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

onizuka-gto wrote:let me remind you, if you have already sent a msg to the registered translator, please also send a copy to me, once i recieved it, you can start translating straight away. we will put your translation up as a "preview" until the registered translator get's back to us, with the script they did, which will replace the "preview".

So if you can translate now, do so, no need for delays, B-T will handle the the rest.

:)
haha sorry about that. kept forgetting the bureaucracy work. will go do the forwarding and stuff this saturday.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Fh14ism wrote:Chapter 2 question-
Spoiler! :
I havent really been able to understand the parts of chapter 2. It says things like a-1 and b-1, where the same things happen but with different dialect or ideas....Is this some sort of alternate universe thing?
Spoiler! :
yup, it is essentially where the "splitting" part of the title of the book came from. just that this meaning somehow got lost in translation over here.

you read the alphas together, and betas together. treat them as mini chapters. they are like the parallel universe stuff Koizumi talked about in V7, where two things may be happening in the same time frame (IIRC).
Last edited by deskoh91 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

deskoh91 wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:let me remind you, if you have already sent a msg to the registered translator, please also send a copy to me, once i recieved it, you can start translating straight away. we will put your translation up as a "preview" until the registered translator get's back to us, with the script they did, which will replace the "preview".

So if you can translate now, do so, no need for delays, B-T will handle the the rest.

:)
haha sorry about that. kept forgetting the bureaucracy work. will go do the forwarding and stuff this saturday.
replacing the "preview" seems like you're underscoring deskoh91's work...

perhaps b-t should reconcile both translations and possibly merge/compromise instead of completely replacing one with another
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Anonymous wrote:
deskoh91 wrote: haha sorry about that. kept forgetting the bureaucracy work. will go do the forwarding and stuff this saturday.
replacing the "preview" seems like you're underscoring deskoh91's work...

perhaps b-t should reconcile both translations and possibly merge/compromise instead of completely replacing one with another
If that were to happen, things might not come across as clear as they should be.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

and why do we have editors on the project team again......?
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Anonymous wrote:and why do we have editors on the project team again......?
The point is, editors correct things that don't make sense.
But when more than one translator works on the same thing, I would believe that words could be mistranslated.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Editors don't redo the entire thing. In fact, if possible, they don't even change the tone of the piece. All they do is make sure everything flows correctly and all the grammar is correct.

Okay. Since you don't seem to get why 2 people TLing at once is bad, I'll give you an example. Imagine you were reading a book. And it was depressing. And you wanted to cry. Then all of a sudden, there was a complete mood change and everything was happy, etc. How would you feel? (right, I'm stretching it. So sue me. )
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Also the fact that many Kanji have more than one meaning...
Sentence structure is different...
And overall, two translators, without working closely together, would screw up.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Fh14ism wrote:Also the fact that many Kanji have more than one meaning...
there's no reason to trust any translation then..according to you, since two translators cannot arrive at the same conclusion, both translations are intrinsically incorrect and should be discarded. the original text should replace the translations then.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Anonymous wrote:
Fh14ism wrote:Also the fact that many Kanji have more than one meaning...
there's no reason to trust any translation then..according to you, since two translators cannot arrive at the same conclusion, both translations are intrinsically incorrect and should be discarded. the original text should replace the translations then.
Really, just wait a little longer.

It's not like the translators get paid to do this.
Complaining doesn't help anyone, so just wait.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

the same thing is happening with Chapter 1 as well actually. magus has took over from BF at about 30% or so.

and it is true there is going to be differences. and that is where the editors will come in, as the Guest had asked.

retranslating that 35% or so will take quite a bit more time though, so if people really insists on that I may return to it at a later time.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

No no no, please just carry on as you were.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

typhonsentra wrote:No no no, please just carry on as you were.
you seem anxious to get things done. :lol:

anyway, the get back to it later meant the first 35%, not the remaining parts. typed it in a rush before going to school today.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”