I'm seriously doubting Kyon's normalcy XD

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: I'm seriously doubting Kyon's normalcy XD

Post by ainsoph9 »

Of course, all of Taniguchi's harem would be blind or high on some kind of drug constantly.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, that's not Haruhiverse's style.

It'd be better if Taniguchi just achieved his dream of being a rock star and got babes that way.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:No, that's not Haruhiverse's style.

It'd be better if Taniguchi just achieved his dream of being a rock star and got babes that way.
Well, he CAN sing...

Someone remind me why Taniguchi didn't get a character album while Kimidori did, again?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:No, that's not Haruhiverse's style.

Well, he CAN sing...

Someone remind me why Taniguchi didn't get a character album while Kimidori did, again?

well if someone threaten to stab you if you did not let her be on the album, (and has a known history for such thing)

I think i too would have to move Taniguchi off the list. sorry, life or taniguchi? no contest.

:roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

onizuka-gto wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: Well, he CAN sing...

well if someone threaten to stab you if you did not let her be on the album, (and has a known history for such thing)

I think i too would have to move Taniguchi off the list. sorry, life or taniguchi? no contest.

:roll:
Kimidori, not Asakura. Kimidori's the Student Council Secretary, and an LHI. She's the second-year with light-green hair in Mysterique Sign.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

The real answer to this one is that it is probably mostly men who have no life who would be buying this. Wait..."men who have no life"...that means people like me! I am people, too! Holy crap! I have no life! NOOOOOO!!! Actually, there probably is a certain niche market that they are aiming for, which is probably guys who are otaku. We all know what that means. :roll:
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, if it makes you feel better, Taniguchi gets his own album as Minoru-sama in Lucky Star/Real Life.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

AuraTwilight wrote:Well, if it makes you feel better, Taniguchi gets his own album as Minoru-sama in Lucky Star/Real Life.
But I want to hear him sing about all the girls he wants to bang. That would be awesome.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

ainsoph9 wrote:The real answer to this one is that it is probably mostly men who have no life who would be buying this. Wait..."men who have no life"...that means people like me! I am people, too! Holy crap! I have no life! NOOOOOO!!! Actually, there probably is a certain niche market that they are aiming for, which is probably guys who are otaku. We all know what that means. :roll:
I strongly agree with this opinion as well. lol.
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

Everyone love Taniguichi. At least he's more useful than donkey.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

wait.. something just came to me just now (i'm gonna assume everyone here's already read v9 so..)

Sasaki told this to kyon when she introduced Suou Kuyoh to him. "She told me that she wishes to coexist with you within a radius of 2 meters, so I suppose it's not that bad to introduce you to her. Since it could be troublesome for you if we just let her be. She's.... I guess she's someone I know rather than a total stranger."

i can't help but think that tanigawa nagaru-san's up to something here that could lead to the conclusion of v10 B-storyline.. he seems to be into the little details, so i don't think he'd write this out of the blue.. from the MCQE's machinations on Snow Mountain Syndrome, i would think that Suou Kuyoh would also resort to drastic measures to get a reaction from haruhi. (albeit, more extreme than ryoko, which i hope author-san would revive for a final showdown..) that in mind, i can't help but think that she might do a Haruhi-abusing-Mikuru on him, and though this series seems to be for teenage and young adult, it still bugs me that it might happen..

but if that happens, sans yuki-sama's interference, sasaki would no longer be haruhi's rival for kyon.. damn, i'm getting more and more confused now, i have a preternatural - self-professed - ability to accurately predict how any story will end, but it doesn't work with SHnY..

is this how HP fans felt as they waited for book 7? i mean, someone told me how it felt, and here i am right now..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I believe the official term now is SCD (Sky Canopy Domain) not MCQE.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

shichinanatsu wrote:wait.. something just came to me just now (i'm gonna assume everyone here's already read v9 so..)

Sasaki told this to kyon when she introduced Suou Kuyoh to him. "She told me that she wishes to coexist with you within a radius of 2 meters, so I suppose it's not that bad to introduce you to her. Since it could be troublesome for you if we just let her be. She's.... I guess she's someone I know rather than a total stranger."

i can't help but think that tanigawa nagaru-san's up to something here that could lead to the conclusion of v10 B-storyline.. he seems to be into the little details, so i don't think he'd write this out of the blue.. from the MCQE's machinations on Snow Mountain Syndrome, i would think that Suou Kuyoh would also resort to drastic measures to get a reaction from haruhi. (albeit, more extreme than ryoko, which i hope author-san would revive for a final showdown..) that in mind, i can't help but think that she might do a Haruhi-abusing-Mikuru on him, and though this series seems to be for teenage and young adult, it still bugs me that it might happen..

but if that happens, sans yuki-sama's interference, sasaki would no longer be haruhi's rival for kyon.. damn, i'm getting more and more confused now, i have a preternatural - self-professed - ability to accurately predict how any story will end, but it doesn't work with SHnY..

is this how HP fans felt as they waited for book 7? i mean, someone told me how it felt, and here i am right now..

That's why were still here!!!
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Actually, that reminds me of a little story about a university professor of philosophy. He thought that everything was just a figment of his imagination. When asked why he was not fired for teaching his students a load of crap, the faculty responded, "If he goes away, we might disappear as well." They said this unabashedly. I might have posted this already a while back, but I cannot seem to remember. Oh well. :?
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

ainsoph9 wrote:Actually, that reminds me of a little story about a university professor of philosophy. He thought that everything was just a figment of his imagination. When asked why he was not fired for teaching his students a load of crap, the faculty responded, "If he goes away, we might disappear as well." They said this unabashedly. I might have posted this already a while back, but I cannot seem to remember. Oh well. :?
I call bull on certain details. The philosophy teacher may have just been preventing a skeptical argument to challenge viewpoints his students take for granted, and the rest of the faculty, seeing this, gave a sarcastic, smartass answer when inquired. The notion is called Solipsism, and is commonly referenced as a thought experiment in the field of philosophy, usually as an attack on things like Burden of Proof, Proving a Negative, or Occam's Razor.

Besides, even if he did legitimately believe this, there's no grounds for him to be fired unless it was getting in the way of him teaching philosophy. Whoever tried to get the guy fired is an idiot.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”