I'm seriously doubting Kyon's normalcy XD

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

magus wrote:Kyon is the only one Haruhi is interested in........ will, other than Mikuru........ for obvious reason >_>....... anyway, at least this isn't a be-you-own-grandfather situation...... for now.
Heh, considering one of the more popular unfounded fan rumors on the internet is that Mikuru is Haruhi's or Yuki's great-great...great-granddaughter with Kyon, I wouldn't write that idea off too quickly. It's not too far a stretch from either of those two to Mikuru...
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

Hm...

...no, I don't like the taste of that one. The only value it has is for momentary audience shock, and there isn't anything in the series that by any stretch of the imagination hints at it. (And my imagination is pretty flexible.) Though the shock moment could be fairly funny if animated.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Oh, yeah, I put no real value in that one. I chalk it up there with all the other dumb rumors like the "Mikuru is Imouto-san" one and the "Kyon is the slider" one. Although that last one has a bit of merit if you say he's a slider by dint of what happened to him in "Disappearance" (even though that wasn't technically an alternate universe), I've also heard it as him always having been a slider, which is just dumb.

Funny thing about the "Granddaughter Mikuru" fan rumor is, if we eventually find out down the road that Mikuru is from, like, 10,000 years in the future, that rumor would probably be true, since she's probably decended from half the cast at that point, if you track it back far enough. My thought is it's only a few hundred years, though.
Setherzam
Void Mage

Post by Setherzam »

could be less >.> maybe they reverse engineered yuki in the future?
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

Setherzam wrote:could be less >.> maybe they reverse engineered yuki in the future?
0_o......... That's reverse reverse reverse REVERSE engineered :shock:
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

Reverse engineered Yuki?!? :lol: They shouldn't have outsourced that job.
daitenshi_synbios
Astral Realm

Post by daitenshi_synbios »

quigonkenny wrote:"Mikuru is Imouto-san"
However, in my opinion, the chances of Mikuru being Kyon's little sister are surprisingly possible(probably around 25% or something), as they seem to share the same innocence, looks, and playfulness, not to mention that they get along quite well(probably - if this theory is true - partly due to that her superiors may have allowed contact with her younger self(if the rumor is true).
quigonkenny wrote: I've also heard it as him always having been a slider, which is just dumb.
Yes, considering that it was Yuki, not Kyon himself, who sent him into an alternative universe.
point-blank_sniper_drail
Astral Realm

Post by point-blank_sniper_drail »

Don't forget the possiblity that Mikuru may be the great-great (insert as many "greats" as u want) daughter of Kyon's sister. Kyon doesn't have to be the grandfather.

Kyon bein his own grandfather? wouldn't that cause him to be immune to those mind-control powers of that super-intellectual race???
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

point-blank_sniper_drail wrote: Kyon bein his own grandfather? wouldn't that cause him to be immune to those mind-control powers of that super-intellectual race???
Phillipe.J.Kyon :roll:
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

magus wrote:
point-blank_sniper_drail wrote: Kyon bein his own grandfather? wouldn't that cause him to be immune to those mind-control powers of that super-intellectual race???
Phillipe.J.Kyon :roll:
Oh, you people have done horribly wonderfully evil things to my imagination now. Behold:

Kyon --> Fry -- For obvious protagonistic reasons.
Haruhi --> Prof. Farnsworth -- We get to see her burst through the door with a hearty "Good news, everybody!", which alone may be worth the whole gag, but the Prof makes a hideous woman, and it voids any Kyon x Haruhi action for a number of squicky reasons. Fair trade in my book.
Mikuru --> Leela -- For obvious love interest reasons. Plus, Mikuru going "Hee-yah!" and kicking butt all over the place? In meidofuku? Fu~nny
Itsuki --> Hermes -- Most intelligent (human) member of the group, and the monologues from Volume 1 Chapter 5 and on (and on...) in a thick Jamaican accent? Classic.
Yuki --> Bender -- Usually ends up saving the day (if sometimes in a roundabout way). Robot. Super strong. Drinks beer and reads books.
Tsuruya --> Amy -- Both ditzes. Both have funny laughs.
Tanaguchi --> Zoidberg -- Self explanatory.
Zap Brannigan --> Computer Club Pres. -- I can just see the "stealing a computer" scene from Volume 1 Chapter 2 acted out, complete with "Oh, my...", "Hee-yah!", roundhouse kick, and some Shatner-esque mention of "Snu-Snu."

See what you people have done to me? Oh, the horror...
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

A little late but thank you for the square shaped stone block.Now im gonna start carving it...
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Re: I'm seriously doubting Kyon's normalcy XD

Post by shichinanatsu »

i can't help but wonder.. how come everyone in here - me included - can't help but pair kyon up with any pf the others: haruhi, yuki, mikuru, itsuki ('nuff said), tsuruya, miyokichi, sasaki, kuyoh, and whoever nagaru tanigawa-san has in store.. would it really disrupt the story if no one ended up together?

that's really a far stretch, 'coz i think pairings would go something like this: kyon-haruhi/sasaki/yuki and koizumi-tsuruya.. miyokichi's way out of line, and mikuru has to return to the future.. as for kyouko, suou, emiri, and imouto-chan, well.. let taniguchi and kunikida dream of being with them..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I can see Kyon being a lone old geezer with nothing to do but reminisce when he had a shot back in high school at going out with too many girls for his own good. Kyon's sarcasm certainly makes this image all the more feasible. However, I think that it is just more fun to speculate a supposed route for Kyon to take.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

ainsoph9 wrote:I can see Kyon being a lone old geezer with nothing to do but reminisce when he had a shot back in high school at going out with too many girls for his own good. Kyon's sarcasm certainly makes this image all the more feasible. However, I think that it is just more fun to speculate a supposed route for Kyon to take.
Wahahaha! Okay, that ending wouldn't be very happy, but it'd fit him so bloody well. Hahaha!
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

That would be the most Kyon thing to ever happen, and it could only be topped off by Taniguchi, in his old age, having a harem of volumptious Siamese concubines.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”