I'm seriously doubting Kyon's normalcy XD

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: I'm seriously doubting Kyon's normalcy XD

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, apparently, he was teaching these things to the students and the like when it was not part of the curriculum. Also, I guess it went a bit against school policy, so I could kind of see the reason why. Although I disagree with the professor's train of thought, I do agree with you that he should be able to teach pretty much whatever in a philosophy class. That is, unless it completely flies in the face of what he/she is supposed to teach.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

How the hell does it go against school policy or the curriculum? He was teaching a very valid philosophical school of thought that's been discussed for thousands of years. I'm pretty sure whoever brought up complaint was just an idiot religious person who's equally stupid kid was all "Mommyyyyyy Mr. Furgeson said we din't exist and I think he warshipz s8n!"
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I really do not know. This is just a story I heard. For all I know, he really could have been teaching a whole different subject like math or something. You know how stories go after they are heard second and third hand. :roll:
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, I think the whole thing is a lie.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

And this has something to do with the topic at hand exactly how?
fiendmaw wrote:
shichinanatsu wrote:wait.. something just came to me just now (i'm gonna assume everyone here's already read v9 so..)

Sasaki told this to kyon when she introduced Suou Kuyoh to him. "She told me that she wishes to coexist with you within a radius of 2 meters, so I suppose it's not that bad to introduce you to her. Since it could be troublesome for you if we just let her be. She's.... I guess she's someone I know rather than a total stranger."

i can't help but think that tanigawa nagaru-san's up to something here that could lead to the conclusion of v10 B-storyline.. he seems to be into the little details, so i don't think he'd write this out of the blue.. from the MCQE's machinations on Snow Mountain Syndrome, i would think that Suou Kuyoh would also resort to drastic measures to get a reaction from haruhi. (albeit, more extreme than ryoko, which i hope author-san would revive for a final showdown..) that in mind, i can't help but think that she might do a Haruhi-abusing-Mikuru on him, and though this series seems to be for teenage and young adult, it still bugs me that it might happen..

but if that happens, sans yuki-sama's interference, sasaki would no longer be haruhi's rival for kyon.. damn, i'm getting more and more confused now, i have a preternatural - self-professed - ability to accurately predict how any story will end, but it doesn't work with SHnY..

is this how HP fans felt as they waited for book 7? i mean, someone told me how it felt, and here i am right now..

That's why were still here!!!
Hmm... That "within a radius of 2 meters" bit could actually be important to the storyline vis-a-vis Yuki's illness (Kyon = carrier), or it could just be a rif on Coneheads-style "alien-speak". Given Sasaki's attitude at relating it, I initially assumed it was the latter, but now I'm not so sure...

I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but Volume 10 needs to hurry up and come out already...
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote:
I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but Volume 10 needs to hurry up and come out already...
I assume you're being ironic.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
quigonkenny wrote:
I assume you're being ironic.
Sarcastic, actually... ^_^
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

this is all just speculation.. i don't know if anyone's realized this, but i think the nihonjin keeping from-erm, bringing us haruhi stuff might intend to finish airing season 2 first before releasing v10. (its not even on air yet..) they might even animate a third season if season 2 sells out pretty nice (coz season 2 might just cover until wandering shadow).. if that were to happen, the guys might just withhold v10 and any other succeeding books (if there are..) to squeeze all they can from the franchise.

didn't season 1 start airing when v8 was already out? (i read it was 2006, but i didn't bother with the months) if that were the case, i'd think we're looking at a 2009 release date. (at least..) as an otaku that'd be exquisite torture, but hey, it's not like kadokawa, lantis, kyoani and many others did't have money on their minds when they gave life to the phenomenon.. i'm saying this with all due respect, really.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

2009 is excessive. No company is THAT stupid to go a year and a half without fresh material.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote: I assume you're being ironic.
Sarcastic, actually... ^_^
Well, in fact, you were actually employing verbal irony, with which sarcasm is often confused.

Basic rule: Sarcasm is malicious. Irony is not.
quigonkenny

Post by quigonkenny »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
quigonkenny wrote: Sarcastic, actually... ^_^
Well, in fact, you were actually employing verbal irony, with which sarcasm is often confused.

Basic rule: Sarcasm is malicious. Irony is not.
Facetious, then.

BTW, the Wiki article you point to actually states that sarcasm can be used as a form of verbal irony, not that they are mutually exclusive. ^_^
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

*Points at the topic* :roll:
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

fiendmaw wrote:*Points at the topic* :roll:
*Points at Baka-Tsuki as a whole* :?
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote: Facetious, then.

BTW, the Wiki article you point to actually states that sarcasm can be used as a form of verbal irony, not that they are mutually exclusive. ^_^
Right, I'm wrong.
TheGiftedMonkey wrote:
fiendmaw wrote:*Points at the topic* :roll:
*Points at Baka-Tsuki as a whole* :?
Yeah... this topic needs to be de-derailed... umm...
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

right, might as well try to 're-rail' this thread; quantum-boxed cat isn't here so..

kyon has a growing harem with him totally unaware of it.. (current people 'may' include haruhi, yuki, mikuru, koizumi, tsuruya, miyokichi, sasaki, kyouko, and kuyou) also, though the harem isn't so apparent in the light novels, it was made so in Tomadoi, which somehow sends to the player/fan the message that whoever kyon chooses, the fact that he has to choose will have THE effect on his world.

hmm.. no, i don't think kyon is anything but normal (Kyon theory aside), it just so happened that tanigawa-san made him like so, yet placed him smack in the middle of out-of-this-world personalities, so much so that even though haruhi-sama's the title character, it's through kyon that the plot moves about. the only important part of haruhi's life that 'apparently' didn't include kyon was the baseball tournament realization. from tanabata onwards, they always found a way to 'be with each other', until present-day kyon decided to talk to haruhi, probably the only time (aside from tanabata) that anyone ever really bothered to talk with her. so yeah, haruhi may very likely be into kyon, if for the fact that kyon knows haruhi's god-like.

yuki.. here's someone who kinda thinks like rei, is awesomely capable, in short, someone kyon sees as someone very reliable. friend? maybe kyon does see her in that light, thing is though yuki should be in the know regarding everything human, as so she isn't that capable of understanding - and returning - the attention kyon gives her. so yeah, v4 yuki is probably how she imagines herself to be if she really were human sans the IDSE. and yeah, kyon kind of admitted at some point that he wouldn't mind spending time with alter-yuki, he might even have decided to stay there, if not for the world he feels he belongs to. he decided to somehow actively guide yuki into becoming a real human (reference to bicentennial man) and made it very clear that she is important to him, if not to the SOS-Dan. yuki herself might not understand what she feels for kyon, but it's clear to me that she 'feels' for him.

lastly, mikuru.. (i'm not that up to theorizing for the others yet, so..) a mostly-clueless well-endowed (and resolute..?) klutz who's been sent to observe haruhi, and eventually kyon. she is someone who kyon sees as most attractive, if not for her being an airhead (which is sometimes an asset as well..). for reasons mostly unknown, older version of her doesn't want kyon to get too close to her; but really, the obvious reason for that is she's somehow attracted to him as well, any more movement from him and she might just lose it. with that in mind, it is quite understandable that one of the reasons she's wary of kyon is that she's afraid haruhi'd have her panties in a twist because someone else wants 'her' kyon. at times she feels worthless in that she's nothing more than a dress-up-doll/tea server for haruhi, if not for kyon's albeit failed attempt at convincing her that she's of worth in this world, in this specific era.. and lo, now we have this kawaii senpai who isn't so awkward and wary around kyon as she used to be almost a year ago.

sorry for those who aren't so fond of long posts again..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”