I'm a little confused~ :?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

yukumushio
Astral Realm

I'm a little confused~ :?

Post by yukumushio »

Spoiler! :
I was waiting for the last bit of ch.1 to be completed but I was like, oh what the hell! and I just skipped the last bit of chapter one I was waiting for and went ahead to Chapter 2. But I've found that there are 2 stories??? A-1 and B-1 or something like that? Alternate universes? lol If this was already clarified, then could you point me to the thread? lol thanks.
Mod: helped you "spoilerify" your message.
Last edited by yukumushio on Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

We don't really know what they are, but we're assuming it's a dimensional split starting from when Kyon goes to the bathroom.
yukumushio
Astral Realm

Post by yukumushio »

ohh, thanks~
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

How about you spoiler the topic . . .
yukumushio
Astral Realm

Post by yukumushio »

Is that a spoiler?, oh hmmm sorry if it spoiled lol I'll do it now.
yukumushio
Astral Realm

Post by yukumushio »

tee hee I don't know how to ACTUALLY do the fancy click spoiler, imo, mine is much better.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

maybe that's what 'dissociation' is all about.. how would you feel if you have different memories of how your day went?..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

hmmm, maybe?~~ lol I don't know! I just wanna read volume 10!!!!
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

I think I have mentioned it before but whatever.
Spoiler! :
remember when koizumi talked about the possbility of having two parallel universes happening during the same time frame in chapter 7? this is exactly what is happening now.

we dont really know how all of this is happening as of yet, but as of now, treat them as two seperate incidents happening at the same time.
in fact this is a unique feature of Volume 9 (and probably 10 as well) and is the main reason for the title of "Splitting", though I guess this is lost in the creation of the english name for this volume.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

i RLY want to figure out how the 2 universes will resolve.. but i guess i can only wait b4 'dissociation's over...
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

This gave me an idea...
Spoiler! :
What if Kyon is actually a slider O_O
MusashiKen
Astral Realm

Post by MusashiKen »

Hi, first time posting in this forum. Have been a Haruhi fan for quite some time. This is a pretty nice place. Anyway I have decided to post my thoughts in response to the earlier post since it just hit me.
Spoiler! :
I think I have a better idea who the slider is. I think it is that new first year girl that Kyon noticed. Remember that in chapter 3, there were 11 students initially who went to the Brigade and suddenly it became 12? That sounds like sudden "sliding" if you ask me.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

MusashiKen wrote:Hi, first time posting in this forum. Have been a Haruhi fan for quite some time. This is a pretty nice place. Anyway I have decided to post my thoughts in response to the earlier post since it just hit me.
Spoiler! :
I think I have a better idea who the slider is. I think it is that new first year girl that Kyon noticed. Remember that in chapter 3, there were 11 students initially who went to the Brigade and suddenly it became 12? That sounds like sudden "sliding" if you ask me.
O_O
MusashiKen
Astral Realm

Post by MusashiKen »

MusashiKen wrote:Hi, first time posting in this forum. Have been a Haruhi fan for quite some time. This is a pretty nice place. Anyway I have decided to post my thoughts in response to the earlier post since it just hit me.
Spoiler! :
Oh, and to add on...
Spoiler! :
Since volume 9 seems to be about 2 parallel worlds, I think that "Slider" is going to appear sooner than we think, and adding 1 to 1, that first year girl is pretty suspicious IMO.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

in my opinion,
Spoiler! :
I think that first year girl is likely to be a slider or at least show some kind of supernatural skill or it would be rather difficult to account for all that interest. unless it is Kyon's horomones finally behaving the way it is supposed to be...

as for Kyon himself, he is your typical protagonist that is unique in his own way. perhaps the superhero's sidekick he had desired in volume 1?

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”