I'm a little confused~ :?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Mandorlo wrote:
TwilightLegacy wrote:
Spoiler! :
My theory is that there is no slider. if you read the tanabata event, "John Smith" told the younger version of Haruhi that he met time travelers, espers, and aliens, BUT NO sliders. Afterwards, the time quake occurred where Haruhi "remade" the world with espers, etc. However, assuming Haruhi created the world based on what Kyon said, sliders SHOULDN'T exist. That would explain why Haruhi only managed to recruit an alien, time traveler, and esper, but not a slider. Because they dont exist.
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
I think that Kyon met the younger version of Haruhi AFTER the time quake, because Asahina said that it's impossible to time travel before that moment.
Spoiler! :
Yup. So the question is still what caused the time quake event in the first place.
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Florin »

Apparently time quake was caused by Haruhi's "insight" during baseball game. You can say that it was the most important event in her life.
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Florin wrote:Apparently time quake was caused by Haruhi's "insight" during baseball game. You can say that it was the most important event in her life.
I don't remember... do the books actually say that or is that just conjecture?

And that still poses the question of who gave her the ideas about aliens etc. in the first place.
mingz
Astral Realm

Post by mingz »

is it the shooting star?
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

Kaisos Erranon wrote:I don't remember... do the books actually say that or is that just conjecture?
Well, considering that all the books are from Kyon's POV, it would be hard to absolutely confirm it. However, barring any clever retcons, that's the generally-accepted explanation.
Kaisos Erranon wrote:And that still poses the question of who gave her the ideas about aliens etc. in the first place.
Most probably TV and manga.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

HAL9000 wrote:
Kaisos Erranon wrote:I don't remember... do the books actually say that or is that just conjecture?
Well, considering that all the books are from Kyon's POV, it would be hard to absolutely confirm it. However, barring any clever retcons, that's the generally-accepted explanation.
Kaisos Erranon wrote:And that still poses the question of who gave her the ideas about aliens etc. in the first place.
Most probably TV and manga.
That's probably true.
Quiet Lurker
Astral Realm

Post by Quiet Lurker »

Considering that the baseball game happened when Haruhi was in sixth grade, and according to older Mikuru (if she can be trusted :lol:), the time quake happened "just when Suzumiya-san entered junior high" it is likely that the baseball game revelation just triggered Haruhi's sense of melancholy, which built up inside her until she recreated the world. (Much like the events in Volume 1.)
Hence by the time Kyon first met Haruhi (timewise), aliens, espers and time travellers (if not sliders as well) have already existed for at least 3 months.
:P

Note: Sasaki and Kyon met during the last year of middle school, so it is probable that she is also a non-normal human :twisted:.
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

It's unlikely, given that time-travel cuts off shortly after Haruhi's melancholy sets in, but I'd like a glimpse of super-happy-my-life-is-so-awesome little Haruhi. Additionaly, I'd be interested in what events (if any) made Sasaki into her current sociopathic self.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Re: I'm a little confused~ :?

Post by shichinanatsu »

i'm getting confused to.. i remember asahina saying back in volume 1 that it's impossible to travel back more than 3 years because of haruhi.. and the only event that would point to haruhi's gaining that power would be the drawing of graffiti at east junior high.. if that's the case, wouldn't it be impossible to travel back until after haruhi drew that, predetermination aside..

which leads me to think of this.. asahina could only travel back b4 the graffiti incident because she had kyon come with him.. it could be related to 'kyon is god' theory
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

shichinanatsu wrote:i'm getting confused to.. i remember asahina saying back in volume 1 that it's impossible to travel back more than 3 years because of haruhi.. and the only event that would point to haruhi's gaining that power would be the drawing of graffiti at east junior high.. if that's the case, wouldn't it be impossible to travel back until after haruhi drew that, predetermination aside..

which leads me to think of this.. asahina could only travel back b4 the graffiti incident because she had kyon come with him.. it could be related to 'kyon is god' theory
Actually, a better theory is that the graffiti thing happened AFTER she got her powers. We don't know everything that happened 3-4 years ago, remember.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Yes,thats the biggest mistery of all,and probably the main focus of this entire series,all mysteries and conspiracies point to that moment.

Imo :!:
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

It would not surprise me if it was something like Kami-chu!, where she just got them for some obscure reason that even she would not know. Only that she only knows that she got them on a sub-conscious level. Who know?

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”