Complete or not?

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Complete or not?

Post by b0mb3r »

Spoiler! :
I was reading the last part of chapter 3 of volume name at the dimensional split when i notice the last part of the story show this: Canthelpit's Original Work (~35%) of A-5. i am confused, the update said volume 9 is done but what does this mean?

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

It's done, but apparently they wanted to keep canthelpit's work up, giving him credit.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

i don't understand what u meant by that last statement.

baka baka baka
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Canthelpit gave a partial translation. For consistency's sake, the same translator should do the entire chapter.

However, not wanting to simply throw out Canthelpit's work, it's kept at the bottom of the chapter's page.
=Smidge=
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

canthelpit was the one who suggested splitting the work back then. I only took upon the idea over a month later, when he has apparently went MIA. so now we are awaiting his confirmation.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

To avoid confusion, I'm going to split both scripts apart, like the time I translated Melancholy of Mikuru. How long has canthelpit been MIA anyway?
/me claws out throat and dies
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

havent seen him some time after he PMed me I suppose. one and a half months or so?
Stickreid
Astral Realm

Post by Stickreid »

This is really confusing me also. would you like to make a note what the (original work) link means? like maybe put something saying exactly what you just said about not throwing it out?
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

Stickreid wrote:This is really confusing me also. would you like to make a note what the (original work) link means? like maybe put something saying exactly what you just said about not throwing it out?
Chapter 3 was originally registered by Canthelpit, who did ~35% of the chapter.

when he was about halfway through what he had done back then, he had PMed me asking whether I wanna take over from where he would leave off. back then I did not agree since I have some commitments.

by about July, I see that the project had largely stagnated as he said he will be busy for a while. after Magus took over Chapter 1, I thought about taking over Chapter 3 and get it done quick and go back to whatever I had to do.

and so I PMed him again about it, but he did not respond, so I just went ahead from where he had left off with some standardizations.

his work is now the "Original" link, while the "Chapter 3" link is actually where he had left off with my standardizations and the rest of the chapter translated by myself.

clear enough?
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

deskoh91 wrote:his work is now the "Original" link, while the "Chapter 3" link is actually where he had left off with my standardizations and the rest of the chapter translated by myself.
And a wonderful job you did too!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

We will be keeping his work up until he replies.

if s/he is absents long enough to be classified K.I.A, then B-T will make a decision to remove his script. But her/his name will remain on the registration page for record purposes.

Hope this answers anymore questions.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”