Just wonder something in Vol1 and vol9

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Marina2
Astral Realm

Just wonder something in Vol1 and vol9

Post by Marina2 »

Spoiler! :
Well, in vol 9 when Kyoko and Kyon enter close space Sasaki and other just saw them held each other hands. Now I wonder that in vol1 when koizumi and kyon enter close space........Did other people saw them closed thier eyes and held each other hand in the middle of the road?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

Heh, I've often wondered that.

Plus it means that all the traffic would have had to swerve around them!

And Kyon wonders why he has a reputation.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

That's a good question, but I doubt it. I think they're trying to say the nature of Sasaki's closed space is different.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

I am inclined to believe for Haruhi's, they will disappear since we witness the cracking and breaking down of the closed spaces.
OceanBlue
Astral Realm

Post by OceanBlue »

deskoh91 wrote:I am inclined to believe for Haruhi's, they will disappear since we witness the cracking and breaking down of the closed spaces.
Also, don't Kyon and Haruhi disappear once they enter her closed space?
Itsuki Koizumi wrote:"To put it simply," the red light now flickered like a flame, "You and Suzumiya-san have now disappeared from our world.
Yuki Nagato wrote:"For two and a half hours this morning, you and Suzumiya Haruhi had disappeared from this world."
That would mean that when people enter Haruhi's closed space, they disappear from the 'real' world.

Edit: Do we really need spoiler tags? I mean, if you're reading a thread on the ninth novel, we can assume you've read at least the first novel, right?
"For two and a half hours this morning, you and Suzumiya Haruhi had disappeared from this world."
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by quigonkenny »

Of course, Tachibana could be lying about her powers. Maybe her whole story is a load of crap and she's really got mental powers that made Kyon think he saw what he saw.
magus
Astral Realm

Post by magus »

I always though that was just a sort of simulation, since Sasaki should have no power.......... I also wonder why does Sasaki create a closed space, since it's pretty much like a reality marble that's pretty much meant to replace the current world.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

OceanBlue wrote:
deskoh91 wrote:I am inclined to believe for Haruhi's, they will disappear since we witness the cracking and breaking down of the closed spaces.
Also, don't Kyon and Haruhi disappear once they enter her closed space?
That was not "closed space" - it was a totally different dimension!

I have to agree with deskoh91. Since "normal" closed space dissolves when the avatars are slain, the people inside would end up in a physically different location. To an outsider this would probably appear as the person vanishing and popping up elsewhere some (non-proportional?) time later.

=Smidge=
Quiet Lurker
Astral Realm

Post by Quiet Lurker »

Kyon's "closed space" experience with Kyoko is very similar to the SOS-dan's experience in the mansion in "Snow Mountain Syndrome":

Physically nothing happened but the group was trapped in a prison of the mind.
1. To an outside observer, nothing happened. Tsuruya did not notice anything peculiar happen other than a 10 minute snowfall.
2. When the group entered the mansion they clearly took off their ski equipment, but when they teleported out, they were still wearing them.

Hence, it is highly likely that Kyoko held Kyon's hands to give the impression that they were transported to a closed space when in reality Kuyoh was doing her normal mind manipulations. :twisted:

The fact that they would resort to such deceptions hints that they may have objectives even darker than those of older Mikuru. :evil:
Dark Jon
Astral Realm

Post by Dark Jon »

Quiet Lurker wrote:Kyon's "closed space" experience with Kyoko is very similar to the SOS-dan's experience in the mansion in "Snow Mountain Syndrome":

Physically nothing happened but the group was trapped in a prison of the mind.
1. To an outside observer, nothing happened. Tsuruya did not notice anything peculiar happen other than a 10 minute snowfall.
2. When the group entered the mansion they clearly took off their ski equipment, but when they teleported out, they were still wearing them.

Hence, it is highly likely that Kyoko held Kyon's hands to give the impression that they were transported to a closed space when in reality Kuyoh was doing her normal mind manipulations. :twisted:

The fact that they would resort to such deceptions hints that they may have objectives even darker than those of older Mikuru. :evil:
Very good point, I agree with you completely. When you compare it to Snow Mountain Syndrome, it makes a lot of sense.
Dark Jon
Astral Realm

Post by Dark Jon »

Also if you put it that way, it seems like Sasaki knows that she is tricking Kyon and she may not be as innocent as she seems.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”