My theory about the rise of Sasaki

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shichinanatsu
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: My theory about the rise of Sasaki

Post by shichinanatsu »

something just lit up in my head.. do try and bear with me as my thoughts are a bit muddled right now..

the following is an excerpt from v4:
Spoiler! :
It is because you were designed not to have any emotions to begin with, the reaction felt from you was far greater. You probably felt like screaming, or going ballistic, or just yelling out loud, You stupid girl! I've had enough of you! Right? No, even if she didn't think that way, what she did was totally understandable. Her actions can be forgiven, because I was partly responsible, after all. I've become too reliant on her, having gotten used to letting Nagato take care of everything. I always thought that as long as Nagato was helping, I could switch off my brain. What an idiot I was, an even greater idiot than Haruhi. So I had no right to condemn her for this.

That was why Nagato - this girl here, came up with the silly idea of changing the world.

So was it an anomalous reaction, or a programming error?

Boy, you sure are annoying, it's neither of the above.

This was what Nagato wished for - a normal world like this.

She only preserved my memories, while altering the memories of everyone else, including herself.

It was now that I finally understood the question that was puzzling me for the last few days.

Why was I the only one to remain unaffected?

The answer was simple, it was because the girl had wanted to let me make the choice.

Is the altered world better? Or is the original one better? Under her well crafted script, the final decision rests on me.

"Damn it,"

To hell with choosing! I never had a choice!

If I had only wanted the SOS Brigade, then I didn't have to return at all. I could just start over in the new world. Haruhi and Koizumi may be studying in another high school, but that wouldn't be too much of an obstacle. We'll just treat it as an out-of-school hobby. This mysterious club can meet as usual at that coffee shop. Over there, Haruhi would come up with some ridiculous stuff, while Koizumi would grin all the time; Asahina-san would look extremely distressed, and I would just look away with a scowl on my face... An image of that scene floated in my mind at once. The Nagato there would probably look troubled as well, of course she would still quietly read her book. Yet still...

That wouldn't be the SOS Brigade that I knew. Nagato isn't an alien, Asahina-san isn't a time traveler from the future, and Koizumi's just a normal person, while Haruhi wouldn't possess any extraordinary powers. It would just be a simple, normal and happy club.

Am I fine with that? Isn't that even better?

How did I think about it at first? Just what did I make of Haruhi's constant trouble-makings beyond the boundaries of common sense?

What a pain.

Enough already!

Are you an idiot!?

I've had enough with you!

"......"

My heart began to hurt.

A normal high school student who was forced to take part in many troublesome situations, constantly complaining to Haruhi yet still managing to live to tell the tale. That was the role I've been playing all along.

Now then! Yes, Kyon! I'm talking to you! I've got to ask myself a very important question, so listen carefully and answer me. You can't refrain from answering. Just a single "yes" or "no" would do. Now listen up, here comes the question:

Don't you find such a weird and extraordinary school life fun?
kyon's rationalization of yuki's action is quite accurate, for a normal human being observing an alien that is.. also, the fact that kyon is rather naive led to his excluding any possible romantic inclinations as motivation for yuki. but something struck me as odd; yuki did theoretically grant kyon total freedom and responsibility for his actions, but the universe she created for him goes directly against how haruhiverse works.

as an analogy, think of haruhi drawing the tanabata message with 3-years-from-the-future kyon, and 3-years++-from-the-future kyon reminding haruhi to take care of john smith. now we go to yuki-verse; accdg to kyon's POV, he was transported to there on Dec.18, spent some two days, then went back 3 years to fulfill his second duty to haruhi. after which he goes back to haruhi-verse as yuki-verse was just being created, to have yuki deal away with her personal world, and let reality run its course once more. if yuki had in mind the rules of STC, it should have followed that kyon was never transported to yuki-verse in the first place, as he interrupted the progress of said universe.

to further complicate things, koizumi led kyon into believing that yuki just messed up with time - via using Bernoulli's lemniscate as an illustration. even yuki herself told kyon that it was her temporal converter that did this. it seems more like yuki created a universe of her own, rather than just tamper with the timeline.. or if i am allowed a bit of leeway, i would say that for the two days kyon stayed in the yuki-verse, was all an illusion, that ended the moment he hit the Enter key (think Matrix, if you will). the IDSE isn't as powerful as we believe them to be, they themselves suppose that they can evolve into something more via haruhi. the fact that they exist beyond space and time doesn't give them the ability to tamper with it freely. rather, it is easier to imagine them transferring a person's consciousness into a matrix of sorts, lead the person into believing he/she is still experiencing reality.

this is how i imagine v4 to have actually run: Dec. 17 found the SOS-Dan planning for a Christmas party at the Lit. club room, after which the Dan went out to get more stuff - kyon's reindeer costume. we then have kyon falling headlong from the stairwell, losing consciousness until Dec. 21 as a result. yuki, having acquired kyon's consciousness, goes ahead into 'installing' him into a matrix, yet giving him a chance to escape the matrix, and subsequently transport him back to 3ya tanabata - this is what kyon and mikuru witnessed her doing come sunset when comatose-kyon was already at the hospital. after kyon accomplished his task of reminding haruhi, they went back to yuki's apartment, who then did something to them so that they can somehow 'travel' into yuki's matrix in their true forms - body and consciousness. after ryouko's 2nd death, and yuki's shutting down her matrix, mikuru led kyon through what 'really' happened while he was out cold, i.e. bringing him to the hospital.

to wrap up this pseudo-theory of mine, yuki's matrix runs alongside with reality, meaning there are two timelines that occurred, yet kyon is the only one who fully experienced them - mikuru only coming into the scene for repairing any damage caused by the timequake. those in reality were unaware of this, except for the time-travelers; they did not expressly tell kyon about it, but yuki's matrix was built to run alongside reality indefinitely, given that the Emergency Escape program had a time limit of 2 days, and that kyon's remaining in comatose indefinitely will have caused great changes to reality via haruhi - a timeline in which kyon was given up for dead.

sorry for the giga-post guys.. just had to get it out of my head, now to watch SHnY for the nth time..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

Er, I don't think so.

What she did was rewrite the universe to set up the "Yukiverse", as people call it, not create a whole new dimension.

Simultaneous events were not occurring here... time was actually changed. Or, to be more precise, it was not, because Kyon prevented the Yukiverse from ever occurring. The only person who remembers it is him.

For the most part, however, time travelers cannot change time itself, only repair it to its original state and assure their own existence. Anything else would violate Novikov's Self-consistency Principle, which only Haruhi (and those using her powers, like Yuki in Vol.4) can do.

Also, it was Yuki (from the future) who shoved Kyon down the stairs.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yuki actually changed the universe, not just made a virtual one, because that wouldn't really be giving Kyon the ability to live in the world he truly wanted. Worst case scenario, Yuki would have Kyon's soul in a jar dreaming up Yukiverse or something.

As for how she did it, yes, Yuki's kind and the IDSE don't possess Haruhi's powers. That's why Yuki borrowed them.
cicero225
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cicero225 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yuki actually changed the universe, not just made a virtual one, because that wouldn't really be giving Kyon the ability to live in the world he truly wanted. Worst case scenario, Yuki would have Kyon's soul in a jar dreaming up Yukiverse or something.

As for how she did it, yes, Yuki's kind and the IDSE don't possess Haruhi's powers. That's why Yuki borrowed them.
Evidence for the fact that she actually changed the universe: How pissed the IDSE got afterwords (enough to consider deleting Yuki). I fail to see them reacting that harshly to her putting Kyon in a simulation.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

self-consistency is quite handy for haruhiverse, but there are some parts of it that goes against the principle.. case in point: (excerpt from v7)
Spoiler! :
"Can you explain everything now?"

"Now where should I start?"

"You can start from the first prank which the little Asahina-san and I had to carry out like an errand."

The prank where a poor man had to go to hospital for getting his foot injured after kicking a can that was nailed to the ground. It now felt like ages ago when I mentioned it again.

"Was that really necessary?"

Asahina-san tilted her head and smiled softly,

"Kyon-kun, please think carefully. Whether it be a few years ago or a few decades ago, if you could go back to the past..."

She carefully chose her words,

"And witness history in the making. Yet when that history is different from what you remember, what would you do?"

"What do you mean by 'different?'" I didn't understand what she was getting at.

"Let's say if you went back to one year ago today, what were you doing then?"

Probably shut up in my room playing video games. I don't remember getting giddy over someone sending me chocolates then.

Asahina-san nodded her head slightly,

"Now try to imagine a situation that's different from that version of the past. When you travel back to your home one year ago, but find that you weren't living there. Instead of your sister or your parents, the place was now occupied by another family. Even your relatives have become different from the ones which you knew, living a totally different life in another place..."

How is that possible?

"When, after traveling to the past we find out that history is slightly different than it was as we knew it, do you know what we from the future would think? If every moment in history depended on interference from the future, then our future would never be able to exist if we did not interfere, and everything would change..."

Asahina-san's voice began to stray away, as though feeling nostalgic about something.

"A past where someone dies when they're supposed to live; or where two people have never even seen each other when they're supposed to be good friends; if we leave these situations alone, then our future would never arrive..."

Her lonely smile was now cast in a lonely shroud,

"I'll get to the point. The person who got injured kicking the empty can that you placed will meet a certain lady in the hospital. Afterwards, they get married and have children, and pass the torch to the next generation. This was all because he went to the hospital that day, otherwise those two would never have met in their whole lives."

An image of the man smiling uncomfortably while looking up at me and Asahina-san flashed before my eyes.

"The memory device was the same, it was necessary to deliver the data in that condition. Someone may have stumbled on similar data by coincidence, only this coincidence didn't exist in the past, perhaps it was erased. That was why we had to deliver the data ourselves, and try our best to make it look like a coincidence."

"Someone picks up a memory device from a flower bed, and just happens to send it to someone else at the right address." - She continued to explain.

I didn't know how to respond. That sure wasn't coincidental, not to mention the freak that appeared then, and handed the memory device to us. If he had decided to create trouble, then how would things turn out?

"He wouldn't dare, that piece of data means everything to the existence of his future as well. That was why he came to this time period,"

Asahina-san elaborated in simple terms.

"For us future time-travelers, that is a predetermined event; but for you and the recipient of the data, it's a coincidence. That's how time works,"

"..."

I feel a bit dizzy, maybe it's because the dialog had broken through the boundaries of my comprehension with so much ease.

"It was also coincidence that the boy had seen the turtle. He will always remember the little turtle he obtained from a young man and young woman, as well as the ripples caused by the young man dropping the turtle into the water, and how the ripples slowly disappear as they dispersed from the center. As turtles live very long lives, every time he picks up the turtle he would always think of the scene he saw then. Though there were many other factors, but it all came from this event, which would inspire him to formulate a set of basic theories."

Could it be... while feeling dizzy, my imagination began to go wild. Perhaps that boy would one day become the inventor of the time machine, and the one who inspired him to think about the turtle turns out to be me, causing changes in the future. Thanks to my unconscious interference, that boy and the future of this world has...

A memory from a corner of my brain was suddenly awoken. It was a few days before the school festival, something that Nagato said to me at a time when I was mightily busy while shooting the climax of the movie,

In order to stabilize the future, it is necessary to input the correct value. Asahina Mikuru's mission is to adjust that variable to an acceptable value.

Now was not the time to be feeling giddy about how good my memory was. The ambiguous phrase "in order to stabilize the future"... "There could only be one future, whether it was stable or not, right?" I had long since abandoned that idea.

Could the future be unstable?

In other words, could there exist other futures apart from Asahina-san's future?

It would make sense if that's the case, but only a little. If the future really diverged into many different branches, then there once existed two futures where the boy survives in one and is now dead in the other, it's just that I've killed off the possibility of the latter from ever happening.

That means thanks to my help, I had destroyed one future completely.

I didn't know if that was the correct answer. Even though this deduction was so weak that if I were to say "Here's a problem for our readers to discuss", I'd probably be condemned as an idiot; but it wasn't easy trying to dispel a wild thought that I had just formulated. When I thought about this, I just didn't know what to say. Was there more?

"The divergence points are mostly concentrated in this time period, though a lot would end up the same, anyway; but the things that you have done the past few days, if not done, would create divergences that would lead to all sorts of futures..."

Asahina-san's charming voice began to grow weak,

"Very soon you will be faced with a great divergence, a choice that would cause a great change to the future... If you chose the other side, then it... um... it wouldn't be good for our future."
self-consistency generally means that there are a predetermined sequences of events to allow a time-traveler to travel back to the past; any time-frame that has one or more of the events occurring cannot be tampered with by the future, as this would lead to the time-traveler experiencing a different future.

asahina-san herself said - though indirectly - that her future is unstable, that there are multiple time lines, and that the events that lead to those multiple time lines are mostly concentrated in the time frame of kyon's first year in high school.

furthermore, if self-consistency applied totally to haruhi-verse, fujiwara's side would be pursuing a pointless venture as they wouldn't be able to affect the future significantly; he was only allowed to that time frame because mikuru has seen him there, and if he were to intentionally withhold the memory card from kyon, he wouldn't be able to travel through time - and to that specific time frame - in the first place..

.. ack, my head hurts from paradox overload..

edit: as for how time works in the haruhi-verse works, probably haruhi - aside from the time-travelers - is the only one who knows.. here's an excerpt from v8:
Spoiler! :
But that Haruhi, after saying "I'm gonna write something, too!" only contributed a short piece aside from the self-important editorial postscript.

Entitled "Save the world by Overloading it with fun: Section One ・A Memo on the Formulae for Looking at Tomorrow," the article was loaded with figures or symbols which, according to Haruhi's explanation, are to be considered for the perpetual continuation of the SOS Brigade, and though that just seems like something she would say, I, at least, could not make any sense out of the text.

Order in chaos, is a figure of speech that expresses this uncertainty, and while it carries with it the impression that the contents of Haruhi's head had just spilled out on it, so to speak―――.

However, what surprised me was how Asahina-san looked like her legs were about to give out after reading that pseudo-article.

"But that's....... If that was how it was......."

Since she had looked so shocked and her eyes so wide open that it seemed like those cute pupils of hers would pop out, I asked her why, but Asahina-san replied,

"I can't talk about it much since it's classified information, but......"

After giving her refusal,

"This is the central foundation of the time plane theory. In my time period......erm, for people like me, it is the very first thing we learn. But who the originator was and which time it came from, has always been a mystery...... That it would turn out to be Suzumiya-san......"

She was speechless after that. I went along with her and said nothing, although coincidentally, a wild idea had sprung into my mind.

Haruhi would probably be bringing home at least one copy of the club journal we had made. And that club journal, you can't say that there won't be any chance it would catch that Hakase-kun-like, bespectacled kid's eye. Haruhi was that boy's special tutor, after all. Although Asahina-san and I had already given that Hakase-kun a lot of cues, I guess that wasn't all of it. Would Haruhi become the root cause, after all? Even if she didn't, it would probably be a mix of various elements. The number of questions I wanted to ask Asahina-san (big) had just increased by one again.
another item to the LONG list of issues we expect to be clarified in v10 (and probably succeeding books..)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think it's pretty obvious the Consistency principle applies totally to all the normal aspects of the universe, like time travelers. The only method ever demonstrated of actually changing the timeline was when Haruhi or someone with her power altered reality. In otherwords, the Godlike power is the only thing that can rewrite history. This is probably what Adult Mikuru is referring to, since books 7+ seem to be building up to Kyon's choice between Sasaki and Haruhi.
cicero225
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cicero225 »

AuraTwilight wrote:I think it's pretty obvious the Consistency principle applies totally to all the normal aspects of the universe, like time travelers. The only method ever demonstrated of actually changing the timeline was when Haruhi or someone with her power altered reality. In otherwords, the Godlike power is the only thing that can rewrite history. This is probably what Adult Mikuru is referring to, since books 7+ seem to be building up to Kyon's choice between Sasaki and Haruhi.
This is pretty much how I look at it as well. The consistency principle is most strongly emphasized during the Mikuru kidnapping, where both sides know what will happen, but go ahead and do it anyway, even the losing side, who would change it if they could. I see the prevailing timeline/universe as its own self-contained box, which can't be affected from inside. But from outside, it's a whole different story. There's also the IDSE, which encompasses the whole universe at this point but can't grow anymore simply because there is no more raw information to consume-and here we have Haruhi spewing out information that seems to come from nowhere.
Of course, the slider throws a monkey wrench into all this.

As an aside, being able to break consistency is extremely powerful. For instance, say the IDSE wants to solve a problem, but it would take 10^10 years to do it with all its resources. Without consistency, it could run the calculation anyway and, the moment the result is obtained, ship it back in time. Then it could simply look at the answer and then not run the calculation at all. Consistency would demand they run it anyway to fulfill the timeline, but with no consistency this is not necessary. In that case, solving any problem instantly would essentially boil down to splitting it into a bunch of chunks, each of which can be run within the lifetime of the universe. (the problem of cutting it into such chunks is proveably simpler than the problem itself, and could be solved by the same method). This would give the IDSE essentially infinite computational power, limited only by what cannot actually be solved. As powerful as the IDSE is, this is qualitatively different; the next step of evolution indeed. Note that performing this procedure is essentially the same as having information (the answer to a problem) come out of nowhere.
(to be clear, I should point out that this is not my own idea-I got it from a sci-fi book :P )
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

This is pretty much how I look at it as well. The consistency principle is most strongly emphasized during the Mikuru kidnapping, where both sides know what will happen, but go ahead and do it anyway, even the losing side, who would change it if they could. I see the prevailing timeline/universe as its own self-contained box, which can't be affected from inside. But from outside, it's a whole different story. There's also the IDSE, which encompasses the whole universe at this point but can't grow anymore simply because there is no more raw information to consume-and here we have Haruhi spewing out information that seems to come from nowhere.
Of course, the slider throws a monkey wrench into all this.
Well, we don't know the full nature of the Slider yet, but since it's coming from another world, she is essentially NEW INFORMATION and not bound by the self-consistency principle when she arrives. However, when she stays in a universe, she'll be bound by that universe's consistency as long as she's there. It could be possible that the Consistency Principle caused the timeline split as a result of her appearance, in which a Slider still can never "Really" change history because the original is still preserved.
As an aside, being able to break consistency is extremely powerful. For instance, say the IDSE wants to solve a problem, but it would take 10^10 years to do it with all its resources. Without consistency, it could run the calculation anyway and, the moment the result is obtained, ship it back in time. Then it could simply look at the answer and then not run the calculation at all. Consistency would demand they run it anyway to fulfill the timeline, but with no consistency this is not necessary. In that case, solving any problem instantly would essentially boil down to splitting it into a bunch of chunks, each of which can be run within the lifetime of the universe. (the problem of cutting it into such chunks is proveably simpler than the problem itself, and could be solved by the same method). This would give the IDSE essentially infinite computational power, limited only by what cannot actually be solved. As powerful as the IDSE is, this is qualitatively different; the next step of evolution indeed. Note that performing this procedure is essentially the same as having information (the answer to a problem) come out of nowhere.
(to be clear, I should point out that this is not my own idea-I got it from a sci-fi book :P )
Exactly. And that's not even considering their going entirely atemporal in the first place.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

this will typically be considered 'necro-posting'...

i say this just to see if anyone else can share the same thoughts. precious little info is to be had with regards to sasaki, but from what we already know, she's someone who's WEIRD in that she thinks differently from other people. middle-school kyon would probably have been otaku-like, while sasaki would be (since her personality has shown no signs of change up until they meet again) the ex-otaku who can't return to being a normal person.

now, kyon himself thought at first that sasaki would probably be able to get along with koizumi, since they seem to share a similar 'out-of-whack' thought process that makes kyon wonder if they can even manage to participate in normal conversations. that being said, koizumi denies the possibility, that kyon might perceive them as similar, but koizumi himself doesn't think so.

allowing for a dash of derailment.. shouldn't sasaki be more like the female koizumi of seitenkan (sans big breasts and pseudo-bimbo image)? since there's already a fanon in place of how the male koizumi thinks and acts, just some adjustments with regards to the gender-influenced facets of his personality should be enough to be able to draw a reasonable profile of sasaki..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

DissmalScientist
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DissmalScientist »

The similarity between Sasaki and Koizumi is that Kyon finds both of them hard to understand.
The difference being, there are some good reasons that Kyon would find Koizumi and his explanations difficult to comprehend. They are usually abstract concepts. Plus he's an ESP-er in a secret organization. By his very nature, he's going to be a tough nut to crack.
Sasaki, on the other hand, made even the most common conversations into allusion-filled existential debates.
I think a better explanation of Sasaki is that she is the anti-Haruhi, smooth on the surface with a bunch of craziness on the inside. Haruhi being crazy on the outside, but basically a pretty simple girl at heart.
Penny: You're driving a spork into your leg.
Dr. Horrible: So I am. Hilarious.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

ah.. but that's what you would normally think given a couple reads of v9. the other serious haruhiists here thought so too (including yours truly) before coming to an impasse.. the fact of the matter is, haruhi isn't so crazy anymore, i.e. the thesis-antithesis would have been highly feasible if it were v1 haruhi (before kyon kissed her) and sasaki. but kyon has already normalized haruhi in the span of 1 year, so there isn't too much of a conflict there.

PROBABLY the only remaining plot would be kyon's dissonance. i mean, from the precious few info we have of his high school life, kyon somehow mimics haruhi's thought processes, with sasaki being the normal person - albeit with koizumi tendencies. then, something happened along the way, changing kyon into the normal high school student who inadvertently became a member of the SOS Dan..

just a thought since v10's taking SOO damn long..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

1. With Haruhi the possibilitys are legion. ;)
2. For a slider to appear must exist at least more than one possible reality at a time, which we have in Volume 9, so I'm sure there will be a slider in volume 10. ;) but the question is why now? 'cause till vol.9 was allways only one way possible.
3. I wish to add some of my thoughts and some more points(not in order):

The opposition of the brigade had to come since the prologue of vol.1, so they were long overdue. ;)
Spoiler! :
However, it took me quite a bit longer to realize that the aliens, time-travelers, ghosts, monsters and espers in those effects-filled 'good guys versus evil organization' cartoons didn't actually exist either. No, wait, I probably did realize, I just didn't want to admit it. Deep inside my heart, I still wanted those aliens, time-travelers, ghosts, monsters, espers and evil organizations to suddenly appear. [Done] Compared to this boring, normal life of mine, the world of those flashy shows was much more exciting; I wanted to live in that world, too!

I wanted to be the one who saved the girl kidnapped by aliens and imprisoned in a bowl-like fortress.[somehow done] I wanted to be the one who used my courage, intelligence, and trusty laser gun to fight against villains from the future trying to change history for their own gain.[done (without the laser gun)] I wanted to be someone who could banish demons and monsters with a single spell, battle against mutants or psychics from evil organizations, and engage in telepathic fights! [done at least he was sidekick there]

But, wait, calm down. If I really were ever attacked by aliens or whatever, how could I ever possibly fight against them? I don't even have any special powers!

Well then, how about this: one day, a mysterious new student transfers to my class. Except he's really an alien or from the future, and he has telepathic abilities. When he gets into a fight with the bad guys, all I need to do is find a way to get involved in his war. He'll handle all the fighting and I can just be his flunky sidekick. [so done] Oh my god, this is great, I am so clever!

Or, maybe, if that doesn't work, how about this: one day, a mysterious power inside me awakens, something like a telekinetic or psychic ability. I discover that a lot of other people in this world also have similar powers, and, then, some sort of paranormal society recruits me. I'll become part of this organization and protect the world against evil mutants.
I don't think Sasaki has lost her power, if she ever had some, because if she lost it shouldnt Tachibana Kyoko have lost her powers too, if her powersource is really Sasaki? And Kyon wouldnt have been so early awake (only if this wasnt Suou Kuyoh doing. ;)) But Sasaki dont believe that anything extraordinary do exist, (so it cant or more like) so her power would be pretty much useless (in the way of creating espers, timetravellers, aliens and so on). So I dont think the oppsition is here for Sasaki but for Kyon and Sasaki is only their decoy. (Btw. I think Kyon is the key, 'cause till now all of his wishes are came true (Haruhi's too but she don't know it so I don't count it. ;)) and maybe he had the power to create all those espers, timetraveller, aliens and so on, but lost his power (to believe) because of Sasaki (and her speeches). (And Haruhi is his opposition ;).) (Sometimes I think they have met each other even before the event of 07.07. (so that Haruhi could get Kyons ideas of espers, aliens, timetravellers and so on. ;) in this case would Kyon still be the key but has no need of a power of his own. Call it Kyon the catalyst ;) and since he is also somehow the reason for the existence of the brigade.... ;))

What I think we will see in vol. 10
The Beta-way:
I think Kyon has to go to the same cram school as Sasaki 'cause he failed in the math test. I can not really believe that Suou Kuyoh want to attack the ISDE interfaces. I think its her way to attempt communication with the ISDE fraction, because I cant see a reason why there should be a conflict between the ISDE and the Sky Canopy Dominion since they know near nothing of each other and their different form of existence, but maybe I'm wrong.

For the Alpha-way:
Here he shouldnt fail in the math test since Haruhi reminded at and helped him with the math problem. I think the brigade will here get at least one new member. (The girl that smiled or that who followed Haruhis speech if it isnt the same. Maybe its the same who called Kyon in Alpha-1, maybe she is the one who is on/at(?) the Alpha-way to correct the "wrong" timeline of the Beta-way if both ways do not continue into the far future.)

Btw. is there a known reason why vol.10 is since june 2007 delayed? Is it a part of a publicity stunt to advertise for the 2nd Haruhi anime-series? Or is the author ill or has a writer's block? (If 07.07.07 would be really the past as Haruhi writes her 'Iam here' than can it be possible that the 2nd season aired soonest 2010. :()

Sometimes I wonder if the producers of the anime did know something more than we because of the happy Haruhi (the scene in which she grab at something in the light) in the opening of the anime.

That remind me of the handle aeh the artifact that Tsuruya had found on her property which could be from the future. (I don't think its from a long gone hightech civilization because its (only) over three-hundred-years old. I don't think it is an alien artifact, cause till now all aliens were data-lifeforms (and its only over three-hundred-years old ;)) I think its a relict of a timetraveller, but the question is how did it came there in the first place if timetravel is only possible till 3-4 Years in the past (as seen from the time of Haruhi and Kyon highschool years.)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

2. For a slider to appear must exist at least more than one possible reality at a time, which we have in Volume 9, so I'm sure there will be a slider in volume 10. ;) but the question is why now? 'cause till vol.9 was allways only one way possible.
The popular theory seems to be is that there were multiple universes for some time, and when Slider-tan called Kyon on the phone, in caused his universe's timeline to split.

At your spoiler: Good work! Damn, Tanagawa is a genius.
I don't think Sasaki has lost her power, if she ever had some, because if she lost it shouldnt Tachibana Kyoko have lost her powers too, if her powersource is really Sasaki?
Who said she's the power source? She only granted the powers, that doesn't mean she fuels them.
The Beta-way:
I think Kyon has to go to the same cram school as Sasaki 'cause he failed in the math test. I can not really believe that Suou Kuyoh want to attack the ISDE interfaces. I think its her way to attempt communication with the ISDE fraction, because I cant see a reason why there should be a conflict between the ISDE and the Sky Canopy Dominion since they know near nothing of each other and their different form of existence, but maybe I'm wrong.
They ARE in conflict, though. To the point where a mere attempt to communicate could be the attack. Information is a weapon with these guys, don't forget.
Btw. is there a known reason why vol.10 is since june 2007 delayed? Is it a part of a publicity stunt to advertise for the 2nd Haruhi anime-series? Or is the author ill or has a writer's block? (If 07.07.07 would be really the past as Haruhi writes her 'Iam here' than can it be possible that the 2nd season aired soonest 2010. :()
We don't know.
That remind me of the handle aeh the artifact that Tsuruya had found on her property which could be from the future. (I don't think its from a long gone hightech civilization because its (only) over three-hundred-years old. I don't think it is an alien artifact, cause till now all aliens were data-lifeforms (and its only over three-hundred-years old ;)) I think its a relict of a timetraveller, but the question is how did it came there in the first place if timetravel is only possible till 3-4 Years in the past (as seen from the time of Haruhi and Kyon highschool years.)
Cue "Tsuruya is a God, too" theories.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

AuraTwilight wrote:[
I don't think Sasaki has lost her power, if she ever had some, because if she lost it shouldnt Tachibana Kyoko have lost her powers too, if her powersource is really Sasaki?
Who said she's the power source? She only granted the powers, that doesn't mean she fuels them.
Koizumi said something like that to Kyon. He said something like 'since he havnt this much to do anymore since Haruhi calmed down his power seems weaker'.
The Beta-way:
They ARE in conflict, though. To the point where a mere attempt to communicate could be the attack. Information is a weapon with these guys, don't forget.
Yeah, maybe they do, but then without a reason we know (besides that they are different and cant really understand each other). We know the agenda of the timetraveller (change the world to his future / change the world so that timetravel in the future (for Mikuru) cant exist) and the esper dont want lose their prestige, influence in the future
Cue "Tsuruya is a God, too" theories.
Not my theory ;) I think somehow of her more like a scientist or a keeper (watcher, protector).
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
AuraTwilight
Astral Realm

Post by AuraTwilight »

Koizumi said something like that to Kyon. He said something like 'since he havnt this much to do anymore since Haruhi calmed down his power seems weaker'.
Of course his powers will seem weaker if Haruhi is producing less Closed Spaces, but then also take note that when he gave that comment, Mikuru and Yuki were also having difficulties contacting their masters or using their powers. It seems more likely to be a sign of Haruhi adjusting to, and accepting normal life, and reality is changing to reflect that.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”