Major Prologue Enhancement

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

deskoh91
Astral Realm

Major Prologue Enhancement

Post by deskoh91 »

since I have plenty of time now since O Levels are over, I went onto the net and found this new chinese raw of haruhi v9 that is leaps and bounds better than what I had when I translated during May to July this year.

a summary of the main edits:

1) added things that are not included in original copy

2) edited phrases with the wrong meanings.

3a) many poorly-phrased sentences that are not refined in the first round are cleaned up considerably.

3b) reduced direct translations, especially if the said translation affects sentence flow in english.

4) cut down on use of repetitive words (e.g. probably and guess).

some phrasings vary considerably between my two copies. I believe this situation will continue when the official chinese version comes out. so I hope to clarify one thing:

the translations are by no means total replicas of the original work by tanigawa, but are as good as the chinese raw available and my ability to rebuild their meanings in English. nevertheless, they are still able to convey the messages intended effectively enough.

my revision is the one with the URL of this thread attached, just in case there are vandals dropping by.

read through it and tell me how it is. a similar exercise would sweep through chapters 2 and 3 as well. but I took 4 days to complete this one. god knows how long it will take for 2 and 3 to finish.

EDIT: small fragments of problems continues to exist. I will clear them up some days later if no one does it by then. it is 1am at this moment for me. I want my sleep.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

THANK YOU.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

Thanks for the redo, and wow, I did not know that deskoh was still alive. I have not seen you for a while. Good to see you again.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Cheers mate! Hope your testing went well, mine starts next week.
deskoh91
Astral Realm

Post by deskoh91 »

I have been lurking around recently since there are not many new posts anyway... :(
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

Well, I may have to read Volume 9 again then. Now if we can at least get a release date for 10...

Thanks, Deskoh, and I hope your O Levels went well.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”