New Volume 9 update.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Guest lol
Astral Realm

New Volume 9 update.

Post by Guest lol »

>シリーズ最新作「涼宮ハルヒの分裂」3月31日発売

( ・ω・ )ホホゥー

Seems like we're finally going to get a new Haruhi novel volume soon. But it seems that the volume title won't be 涼宮ハルヒの奔走, as rumored earlier, but 涼宮ハルヒの分裂 (Suzumiya Haruhi no Bunretsu) (Suzumiya Haruhi's Break Up/Division) instead.

The novel appears to be scheduled for a March 31st release.
*looks at my vol.8 colophon*
(Heisei 18 (2006) May 1st, First print published)
I can't be believe it has almost been a year since the last volume.

related links:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/keyword/%CE%C3...CE%CA%AC%CE%F6
(Hatena entry on Bunretsu. The beginning of a new school year)
http://www.broccoli.co.jp/news/0702/...s_sneaker.html
(Gamers' product entry on the April issue of "The Sneakers", with mentions of an included bonus of a replacement book cover featuring Itou Noizi's original illustration for the newest novel volume)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... tcount=183
Symphonia
Astral Realm

Post by Symphonia »

March 31st huh. Good timing in relation to how the translations are going, though we'll have a long wait after that.

The new title sounds kind of ominous. o.o I wonder what's going to be splitting itself up exactly, the SOS Brigade? Haruhi herself? *Imagines several Haruhis running about.* /end of world.

Also, if this novel is set at the start of the new school year, I wonder if we can expect any new SOS Brigade members from the year below...
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

<TomatoIncest|cooking> Sigh, I really don't like how they're taking the novels
<TomatoIncest|cooking> "Suzumiya Haruhi's Break Up/Division"
<TomatoIncest|cooking> It's so ridiculous. Even the title is screaming, "omg, we're totally going to do something like the downfall of SH lol come discuss and build hype about it lol lol wtf."
<TomatoIncest|cooking> The fact that they had to change it from something alright to this speaks volumes about how much the company intends to turn this into a dickless-fanboys-only thing.
<MattW> "they" changed it? Tanigawa didn't reconsider it himself because that title was more appropriate?
<TomatoIncest|cooking> who cares, same thing. The point is that there's a good chance they're going to stray away from making something risky yet potentially better than generic mass-produced expected nonsense
<TomatoIncest|cooking> like the Kyon theory
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

You'll probably have to wait until someone translates them into chinese for me to continue.

But from the looks of it, it looks like we'll be having a new story arc instead of short story collections ;P
/me claws out throat and dies
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

Noooooo!

Please don't be the last novel! :cry:

Hopefully this "Break up" is just a temporary thing. As in Kyon gets mad and threatens to leave the Brigade somehow, or something similar to that.
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

See. Exactly what I mean.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

There has been some foreshadowing into this, I think...
Spoiler! :
Kyon commented several times that Haruhi probably wants all the SOS brigade members together in the same class. From "Wandering Shadow"
I was pretty sure Haruhi wanted to sit behind me again during the next semester, and every so often poke my back with her mechanical pencil and say, “Hey, Kyon, why don't we…” before proceeding to spout out some nonsensical idea that gave no consideration whatsoever to how others or I felt. In order to accomplish that, she had to be in the same class as me next semester, and that would mean having me pass the exams and not get retained for another year. Hence it was only natural that she monitored my grades. Why would she go all the way to do that, you ask? Well that’s because she’s the multi-talented, SOS Brigade commander after all. It’s just like how a commanding officer cannot win a war without soldiers, and how soldiers would be disorganized on the battlefield without a reigning commander. Haruhi would be the commanding officer in question here, giving out various orders, while I would be her loyal soldier, faithfully executing each and every one of them.
So the new title, which if it does take place at the start of the new school year, may be related to Haruhi and Kyon ending up in different classes due to differences in grades.
=Smidge=
Stratosphere
Astral Realm

Post by Stratosphere »

But the Brigade was never together. So far, we only know that Haruhi and Kyon had a class together. I doubt something as small as having different classes would break up the entire SOS Brigade.
dt
Astral Realm

Post by dt »

Spoiler! :
Haruhi and Kyon get married and since it's what she really wanted all this time, there's no more need for SOS dan to exist! Nagato is sorta angry but continues observation, Asahina returns to the future and who cares about Koizumi.

...well, I hope its not something this lame XD
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Stratosphere wrote:But the Brigade was never together. So far, we only know that Haruhi and Kyon had a class together. I doubt something as small as having different classes would break up the entire SOS Brigade.
Worth noting that the bolded part is pure assumption on Stratosphere's part. I can easily imagine how bad it might get if Haruhi couldn't be within Poking distance of Kyon every day, though.
=Smidge=
Umiman
Line Mage

Post by Umiman »

She'd run into his class every 5 minutes and drag him outside.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

The likely hood of this novel being the last is as likely as the company that is publishing these books suddenly stopped wanting money.
SpartanRedeemer
Astral Realm

Post by SpartanRedeemer »

If i would have to guess, the title would suggest less of a break up of the SOS Brigade, but rather a schism within haruhi's own mind, a voilent upheaval more than likely caused by her witnessing something "amazing" as she would term it, and the ensuing chaos that would follow. Bringing a nice climax to the story, or a mini-climax if more novels seem profitable.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

*snaps fingers* I got it!

Haruhi gets hit by that van, suffers severe brain trauma and develops anterograde amnesia. (The inability to make new long-term memories)

The stage is set for a Haruhi-Memento crossover.
=Smidge=
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Then Yuki goes back to the Data entity, Mikuru goes to the future, Koizumi goes back to his gay lover, and Kyon becomes normal.

Return to “Volume 9 - The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第九巻: 涼宮ハルヒの分裂”