GOTH Project update and general discussion

General discussion related to this novel

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

GOTH Project update and general discussion

Post by HolyCow »

The Tokyopop translation has hit the shelves, and due to this, this project is officially terminated. I will lock up all pages on the forums, and leave this as a general discussion thread. As for the wiki, I have already informed Onizuka-GTO to lock it from any further edits.

That said, it has been a great pleasure translating GOTH, even though I never got around completing it, due to lots of real life issues. All contents on the wiki will be purged, save the 1st chapter which I will leave on the wiki as a teaser of sort to people who are interested, but never got to read the translated version before it was locked.

Finally, For those who have read it, I sincerely thank you for all you time, and I hope you'll purchase the English version by Tokyopop. I plan to do so once they hit my shores here in Malaysia.

Regards,
HolyCow
/me claws out throat and dies
HolyCow

Re: GOTH Project update and general discussion

Post by HolyCow »

GOTH translations officially purged, except aforementioned Chapter 1.
theacefrehley
Astral Realm

Post by theacefrehley »

I don't know if I should be posting here but...

Does anyone know the difference between these 3 books?

# GOTH - Wristcut Incident: Yoru's Chapter / GOTH リストカット事件 夜の章 (角川文庫:ISBN 4044253048)
# GOTH - Wristcut Incident: Boku's Chapter / GOTH リストカット事件 僕の章 (角川文庫:ISBN 4044253056)
# GOTH - Wristcut Incident (Tankubon) / GOTH リストカット事件 (単行本)

I checked Amazon japan and there it was written:

GOTH リストカット事件 夜の章 (角川文庫) ==> 190 pages
GOTH リストカット事件 僕の章 (角川文庫) ==> 253 pages
Total ~ 443pages

and the original novel:

GOTH リストカット事件 ==> 332 pages

What would we have in these extra 110 pages?

thanks
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

There are identical. It was released as two separate books before being bundled together into one book (the tankubon).

Hmm, if I'm not mistaken, the original novels are published in light novel size (the novels are physically smaller) but the tankubon isn't (it's physcially larger, while having the same font size). That MIGHT explain the page difference I guess.
theacefrehley
Astral Realm

Post by theacefrehley »

Thanks for the info, dude.

Just one more (stupid) question.

I bought the english version and there is a blank page after the last page (page 216) and before the afterword/editor's notes, etc...

Is page 216 the last page (the page ends like this: "...without even saying goodbye".) or there should be something in the blank page?

[]'s
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

I finally managed to get my copy of GOTH, after ordering from a local bookstore >:D

I checked my copy and it does in fact end just like that. I'll need to cross check with my chinese RAWs when I get back to Uni, though, just to be sure.

I'm pretty glad about the way the novel turned out, no shitty localizations like "What's up, Morino?" or the usual poke ups. I'll translate the Author's Notes from the bulk tankubon and post it here sometime soon - kinda busy with finals now ^^;
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Since its now something like a teaser shouldnt it have gotten the teaser tag? (Or the inactive project category or the stalled tag?) Or shall it not be easy to find it?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Goth_Fan
Astral Realm

Post by Goth_Fan »

Hey, I don't know if anyone will even see this post, but I wanted to plead my case for the GOTH translation project to be picked up again. As you probably know, Tokyopop went out of business this year, and all of their licenses reverted back to the original holders. Also, even when they did print GOTH, it seems it was printed in a VERY limited run, and was out of print before the company was gone. Goth is expensive and hard to find, and I even ordered it once on amazon.com, only to have the order cancelled on me because they had less than they thought :/ Please please pick this great story back up!

Return to “GOTH”