TWINS Translation

General discussion related to this novel

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

I'm really sorry for the lack of updates lately but a lot happened last week. My grandmother passed away and there was a lot to do, that's why I've been missing for the past week. I did manage to log in last Friday to post a couple of replies using GPRS but that cost me a fortune >.<

Anyhow, I'm afraid I'll have to change the ETA again. I just arrived back home (it's 2 am here) and will have to head to Ipoh tomorrow afternoon, before spending another few days there. I should be able to get some progress done by next Saturday, so before that, I'm really sorry for the delay.
/me claws out throat and dies
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

HolyCow:
Yeah, it's definitely better to take care of whatever you need to take care of, and then translate when you have a clear(er) mind and schedule. Besides, I'm the one who's holding things up, technically... and I haven't even STARTED reading "DOG" ...
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
Nitewolfz
Astral Realm

Post by Nitewolfz »

HolyCow: Yep, your own personal matters should take precendence over the entertainment of others. A mind less cluttered also allows for better translations (in my opinion anyway), so don't worry too much about holding it up.

TNG: Lol, I was wondering why there was a sudden jump without anyone translating chapter 3. Oh well, don't think I'll have that much time to read though, not for awhile anyway lol.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

HolyCow: Don't worry, taking care of personal matters is more important. Good Luck with everything.
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Just came back from Ipoh, after a whole week of almost endless rituals and customs :P

I was supposed to be back yesterday, but my cousins convinced me to stay there another night, and we ended up spending the whole night LANing DotA, CS and Serious Sam II :?

I'll be going to college tomorrow, since Orientation is on Saturday. No idea what it'll be like 8)
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

college starting in June? hmm interesting...
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

HolyCow wrote:Just came back from Ipoh, after a whole week of almost endless rituals and customs :P

I was supposed to be back yesterday, but my cousins convinced me to stay there another night, and we ended up spending the whole night LANing DotA, CS and Serious Sam II :?

I'll be going to college tomorrow, since Orientation is on Saturday. No idea what it'll be like 8)
lol Seems your cousins have already given you an orientation to college. :lol:

What joint are you casing?
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

lol, orientation 101 is LAN gaming,

make sure you know how to do your own laundry. I had to ask some random girl in the laundry room on how to do it...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

erehwon wrote:lol, orientation 101 is LAN gaming,

make sure you know how to do your own laundry. I had to ask some random girl in the laundry room on how to do it...
LOL.

I remember the first time i did it, i put so much powder in the machine, this lass next to me was so shocked, she practically wringed my ears, and ended u washing my clothes for me. :p

I thought it was a great way to pick up birds, except when they it doesn't work....prepare for bubbly and overwashed clothes.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

lol? Aren't there directions?
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Just moved into my apartment today and found out that it bloody blocks BT, IRC, eMule, LimeWire and basically every other P2P software (I'm not as desperate as to try for Kazaa yet though).

Tomorrow's Registration Day. From the looks of it it seems fraggingly boring -.-
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

HolyCow wrote:Just moved into my apartment today and found out that it bloody blocks BT, IRC, eMule, LimeWire and basically every other P2P software (I'm not as desperate as to try for Kazaa yet though).

Tomorrow's Registration Day. From the looks of it it seems fraggingly boring -.-
Try this. Go to the library, or any other place with public internet connection, and plug in. From what you said, probably won't work.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

HolyCow wrote:Just moved into my apartment today and found out that it bloody blocks BT, IRC, eMule, LimeWire and basically every other P2P software (I'm not as desperate as to try for Kazaa yet though).

there must be a way around it :D keep trying... what's the point of college with p2p software? oh yeah that's right higher education :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

wow. back in my days, the computer labs i couldn't install the BT clientm but i could run it of my measly 500MB student server share, and open at leased 6 clients (this was back when B-T only had one software and you had to open an application for each torrent)

And it worked great. i knew they had a firebox/firewall because other times we had to tunnel around to accesst FTP source and other stuff via SSH Putty.

but Bt was brilliant. got to speeds up to 1MB/sec with 5 clients running, 1MB/Sec EACH.

good old days :)

Dunno about now....

hey, you should try that HolyCow, make a tunnel connection to your home server/PC (what do you mean you don't have a Home SERVER/Always on PC?) then use it to redirect your UdNP data to you!
YAY!

so you don't have to run passive on bittorrent which so slow they shouldn't even bother having it :roll:

:D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
HolyCow

Post by HolyCow »

Not only do they block P2P Software, they also block IRC and limit direct downloads to 20 Kbps. And they block every single online game patcher. And Battle.NET

This place is staarting to suck :roll:

Return to “GOTH”