Rule Ratification: New Project Startup (Wiki) Version 1.0

Discuss all topics related to the existing rules and policies

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Vote to officially ratify the New Project Startup Guidelines (Wiki) and approve from draft status

Yes - I read the proposed rules and vote to officially approve them
82%
No - There is something seriously wrong. I object.
12%
Wait - Please make some minor corrections first. I'll change my vote after it's satisfactory.
6%

Total votes: 17

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Rule Ratification: New Project Startup (Wiki) Version 1.

Post by cloudii »

rock96 wrote:
cloud wrote:@Rock96: I disagree with removing FPS on the forum. On the forum, FPS an opportunity for readers to suggest a new translation project that doesn't exist. The thread is made when there aren't any translators at all.
About Hosted Projects... there's a future rule page that I haven't written yet with regards to that. So we'll get to that eventually. XD
These threads create false hope that the results of the polls would decide something. This in itself I consider quite a flaw in the system. Besides, when both TF and FPS exist, it creates unnecessary burden on mods. With our two-level promotion (TFT->AB) and three-level promotion systems (FPS->TFT->AB)... I'd rather have some life bristling in Manga/LN forums instead of having two identical sub-forums.
OK, I see.
Let's separate this discussion between forum details and Wiki details.

None of here have forum-restructuring privileges, so we can talk about whether we want to delete a board when Oni (or TLG)... or someone who has the powers to do so finally comes around. If those kinds of (potential) changes have repercussions on this current set of rules, we'll worry about that in the future.

Sadly, as we all know from experience, these types of discussions don't really go anywhere unless there's someone who has the power/authority to really carry it out. xD

-----

Currently, here's the global vote standings:
Yes --- 14
No --- 2 (unknown voters)
Wait --- 0 (Chancs said he vote for yes, but the thread was locked on him)

Time is up (48h). Since the individuals who voted for "No" did not name themselves or make further statements, these rules are being submitted for approval.

-------
  • As of April 8nd, 21:23 GMT, 2014, Supervisor Simon has approved the ratification of the New Project Startup Guideline with 14 in favor, 0 waiting, and 2 objections.

These rules are now officially passed. The wiki page is protected from all changes.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
chancs
Project Editor

Post by chancs »

I will soon start moving and merging the 'Future Project Suggestion' topic to 'Teaser Feedback' topic for the current teaser projects.

*Araa... this is my 666 th post :lol: *
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

chancs wrote:I will soon start moving and merging the 'Future Project Suggestion' topic to 'Teaser Feedback' topic for the current teaser projects.

*Araa... this is my 666 th post :lol: *
*thumbs up*
In the meantime, I'm going to move the alternative language projects in "Pending Projects" out into teaser categories, now that the purpose for pending project is different.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Feedback on Rules”