Rule Ratification: Project Manager Rules (Wiki) Version 1.0

Discuss all topics related to the existing rules and policies

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Vote to officially ratify the Project Manager Guidelines (Wiki) and approve from draft status

Yes - I read the proposed rules and vote to officially approve them
92%
No - There is something seriously wrong. I object.
No votes
Wait - Please make some minor corrections first. I'll change my vote after it's satisfactory.
8%

Total votes: 12

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rule Ratification: Project Manager Rules (Wiki) Version

Post by Mystes »

I'm not quite sure I'm OK with the manager changing the Project Convention, but I really like the concept of a manager close to the staff.

Yes from me.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

Kira0802 wrote:I'm not quite sure I'm OK with the manager changing the Project Convention
Historically, the "Project Supervisor" has always had the power to decide on the Project Specific Guidelines. That has always been Oni's verdict in disputes, and the old Format Guideline clearly stated it on the first line:
Since each project may have particular needs, each project may have its own format guideline page that overrules any of these recommendations.
I know that in this version, it's stated much more bluntly, but there's also a back-up line in case the Project Manager does something crazy...
Wiki Supervisors hold authority over Project Managers. If a Supervisor asks you to step down from your position or modify a rule, please comply.
In short, if the manager does something too extreme, Supervisors have the right to fix a rule/guideline that's unreasonable.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
rydenius
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rydenius »

Thanks for the detailed replies Cloud! You're not only doing a great job drafting and moderating the ratification of the new guidelines, but I think your explanations will also prove helpful for future Baka-Tsuki leaders at the project level who are looking for direction and unsure about stepping out to take on the responsibility. Thanks again for doing all this! :D
cloud wrote: I even know projects who don't even post their update notification to their own project updates list. xD
Point taken, ...and guilty as charged... :lol: So, it also sounds like there's no need for us to clutter your inbox with update notifications either, considering that you're probably going to catch them from the change log anyway, and that best practice in cases where an update gets missed would be to simply send you (and/or a person you delegate later) a PM or e-mail if the update doesn't show up after a few days or so, right?
cloud wrote:In short, Project Managers can do a lot if they want. They can also do very little, if they want. :D Their most important responsibility is to act as a contact point and resolve conflicts should any ever occur.
Both of which are clearly detailed in the draft. So from what you've explained of the intent, I think the draft balances things very well. It provides important limits and checks on the Project Manager's privileges, while (as you noted as the goal) still maintaining the flexibility to allow for the varied leadership styles already present in the community.
chaoticrun
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Tsukumodo Antique Shop, OreGairu

Post by chaoticrun »

Nothing wrong here. Though it's not needed, voted yes.
I guess this applies to the alt. project as well, yeah?
Worst trackpad-user FPS player ever.

"That's why, at this very moment, in the interval of a second, I wish to cross the world lines and protect your smile.
Then, once again into a time loop devoid of misery, I will be swallowed as a lonely observer." - Itou Kanako
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

• As of April 8nd, 21:23 GMT, 2014, Supervisor Simon has approved the ratification of the Project Manager Rules with 10 in favor, 1 waiting, and 0 objections.

These rules are now officially passed. The wiki page is protected from all changes.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Feedback on Rules”