Rule Ratification: Contributor Agreement (Wiki) Version 1.0

Discuss all topics related to the existing rules and policies

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Vote to officially ratify the Contributor Agreement (Wiki) and approve from draft status

Yes - I read the proposed rules and vote to officially approve them
83%
No - There is something seriously wrong. I object.
No votes
Wait - Please make some minor corrections first. I'll change my vote after it's satisfactory.
17%

Total votes: 12

rydenius
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Rule Ratification: Contributor Agreement (Wiki) Version

Post by rydenius »

Misogi wrote:Here is what I'll propose.
II. Under no circumstances would you submit works that are licensed and published in the submitted language.
I'm happy with that. :)
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

rydenius wrote:[lots of stuff about TLG agreement]
Sorry I didn't read too carefully. xD But it didn't seem like you wanted anything in particular changed, so....(?)
rydenius wrote: Sorry to still harp on section II, but it's the only section that I still have concerns with:
II. Under no circumstances would you submit translated works that are licensed and published in the language of the submitter or server (English).
I think one small change will keep it simple get us there though:
II. Under no circumstances would you submit translated works that are licensed and published in the language of the submission.
I think this is more inline with what I understand to be the intent of current policy.

It is different from (but possibly not incompatible with) the TLG agreement which only includes wording about location and English licensing. The relevant sections are:
d) "licenced" is defined as global and/or English publishing rights.
and
Under no circumstances would you(b2) 1. submit works(a) that are licenced(d) in the country the server and/or the submitter is located in.
If we construe "works" so that an English translation is a different licensed "work" from a (for example) German licensed "work" then that may resolve the issue even if we go back to using the original wording (taken from the TLG agreement) for section II of the Contributor Agreement, but with the original wording it also allows a loop-hole in that someone located in France could post a German translation even if the work is licensed in Germany, which I think is a bit problematic. But the rules on take-down on request of copyright/license holders still apply, so it may be a non-issue.

Is this something we should vote on?
A.) II. Under no circumstances would you submit translated works that are licensed and published in the language of the submission.
B.) II. Under no circumstances would you submit works that are licensed in the country the server and/or the submitter is located in.
C.) Something else. (Please specify)

Depending on how "works" is interpreted, I could be fine with the original wording.
I changed it to Misogi's suggestion.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Switching my Wait vote to Yes.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
rydenius
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rydenius »

Same here. Voted yes.

About the TLG Agreement stuff, I concluded that (other than the change just made concerning languages) the changes should be to the TLG Agreement instead of the Contributor Agreement. I wonder if the TLG Agreement will be reformatted to match the look of the new rule and guideline pages? Maybe the minor changes can be approved to be made then.

Anyways, as always thanks for you hard work Cloudii! You do a great job moderating the debates and moving the process forward. BTW, since it's been so long since there was activity on these rules changes, maybe another PM should be broadcast to the various forum groups? That was how I initially found out about these discussions.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

rydenius wrote: About the TLG Agreement stuff, I concluded that (other than the change just made concerning languages) the changes should be to the TLG Agreement instead of the Contributor Agreement. I wonder if the TLG Agreement will be reformatted to match the look of the new rule and guideline pages? Maybe the minor changes can be approved to be made then.
I might send him an email again later, but I don't even want to directly change the formatting of the TLG Agreement unless TLG does it himself. The TLG Agreement should be more sensitive to "versions" than most of our other rules.

Based on how TLG talks, I think he has an external consultant for legal matters. With that in respect, any proposed changes should go directly to him. I could mediate something, but it some ways I feel like your language skills are much better for this purpose, Rydenius. xD
rydenius wrote: Anyways, as always thanks for you hard work Cloudii! You do a great job moderating the debates and moving the process forward. BTW, since it's been so long since there was activity on these rules changes, maybe another PM should be broadcast to the various forum groups? That was how I initially found out about these discussions.
I'll send one when I have time.... QQ
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

TLG Agreement should not be touched without the Big Boss consent.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

onizuka-gto wrote:TLG Agreement should not be touched without the Big Boss consent.
exactly <3

Return to “Feedback on Rules”