Kara no Kyoukai Movies

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

MeltyBurger
Astral Realm

Re: Kara no Kyoukai Movies

Post by MeltyBurger »

ok movie updates... if anyone is interested :D :D :D

kara no kyoukai english sub fourth part will be out this november and will be only 45 mins T_T

and the fifth (hmm... while typing this reply i encountered power interruption and i didnt remember the site heheheh ill try to find it though >_>)
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

The fourth movie is now available via torrent.

The fifth will be released on DVD in Japan on 28.January.
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

If you haven't downloaded this movie, do it now.

That's all I'm gonna say.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Fifth movie is out too, after a long wait!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Fifth movie is out too, after a long wait!
lol i forgotten it was out as i just got it and finished it. question
Spoiler! :
so um why did shiki got out of the apartment complex? was it a matter of time as they claim in the movie? i thought it was because the sword or am i missing something.

the next episode of the movie shows shiki at some church school? who is that girl with blue eyes and the flames? is it shiki's sister Azaka Kokutō? or is it Akiha Tohno from the tsukihime series cause her character design looks better than in this movie (or can i say *hotter* literally lol)

lol tomoe looks like a mix between emiya and the guy from akira (haven't seen it yet but this movie reminds me alot of it). basically he was thy counter guardian for the world/akashic records.

this brings me about akashic records. what is it usually? i mean it if has every knowledge of the world, does it means everything already has happened already since it has past,present and future already? does that mean i cannot change any sort of fate? this brings me a question of the nasuverse. someone told me if you die in this universe, you die for good, no reincarnation. is that true? i sort of recall there is reincarnation in fate/stay night with saber and archer and the rest of the servants. also about shiki mystic eyes of depths. if she can see the origins of all the object ends of existence, when it is turn off can she still cut it and kill them? or is that knife specifically used to cut those lines? and if those objects and people like me who dies from it, do we return to the records and reincarnate or do we stay dead for good?

need a boot and recap of the series. i been waiting for a free time to read tsukihime after watching the anime series last summer but just need a general knowledge of the nasuverse.

baka baka baka
Fushichou
Koizumi Ranger
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Fushichou »

Does anyone have any info concerning the DVD release of the last two movies? I've looked everywhere but I can't find anything.
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

Fushichou wrote:Does anyone have any info concerning the DVD release of the last two movies? I've looked everywhere but I can't find anything.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/Listups/anime/ ... =0&step=20
These guys, among other online retailers, keep an eye on all upcoming releases (it's part of their job after all). So when I want to find out on what day X comes out, I usually check e-stores.
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

6th movie is out with some sweet Azaka action!
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

fiendmaw wrote:6th movie is out with some sweet Azaka action!
lol i know. downloading it now

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
lol i know. downloading it now

me too, just downloaded this morning, my mate was exicted when he heard I got it, he'll have to wait for Home Cinema Sunday to watch it though.

47" plasma doesn't do it justice the way a projector can. :p
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Everyone wants Azaka as little sister.

... Uh, count me out.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Assassin wrote: Everyone wants Azaka as little sister.

... Uh, count me out.
if i had a choice i do want a little sister but not azaka. i prefer one of the sisters from *cough* bakemonogatari *cough*
onizuka-gto wrote:
47" plasma doesn't do it justice the way a projector can. :p
sigh only computer in the house can use mkv files is thy laptop = small screen.

need me a projector

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
sigh only computer in the house can use mkv files is thy laptop = small screen.

need me a projector

Here's something you might like, I just got this to replace my annoying media pc I had hooked up to my plasma, it's called the popcorn A-110 Media Tank

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/ ... &item_id=6

Only cost me GBP170 or about EUR200/US$282/HK$2,182/MYR992/SG$406

Has connection for component, scart, RC audio, S-video, optical audio, HDMI 1.3 with 5.1 audio @ 1080p output.

Can do bittorrents, myiHome, WizD, SwissCenter, MSP Portal, Llink, GB-PVR, SMB, NFS, FTP, uPnP compatible,Windows Media connect, etc.

summary of formats it can play:

MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)
MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)
MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)
VOB
AVI, ASF, WMV
Matroska (MKV)
MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4

Video codecs:
XVID SD/HD
MPEG-1
MPEG-2 : MP@HL
MPEG-4.2 : ASP@L5, 720p, 1-point GMC
WMV9 : MP@HL
H.264 : BP@L3, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
VC-1 : MP@HL, AP@L3

Audio containers:
AAC, M4A
MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)
WAV
WMA
FLAC
OGG

Audio codecs:
Dolby Digital
DTS
WMA, WMA Pro
AAC
MP1, MP2, MP3
LPCM
FLAC
Vorbis

Audio pass through : DTS, Dolby Digital, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR, Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus
Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
Other formats: ISO, IFO
Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA

only video i found it can't play is damaged ones and funny realplayer format ones, which isn't a issue now since i don't watch any of my old chinese-source anime raws anymore.

Subtitles that don't seem to work is some .idx ones, especially with avi files, you sometimes have to force the subtitles on.

It's picky with .srt files too, if it's encoded with unicode instead of ANSI it won't play, but it's easy to fix, a simple open with notepad and save as ansi.

A surprise in that it also plays .md5 subs as well. in all its a great little media box.

web services:

Video : YouTube, Vuze, Revision 3, Videocast, CNET TV, Mediafly, Veoh, Mevio, Bliptv, Break Podcast, CBS Evening News, CNN Anderson Cooper 360 Daily, CNN The Larry King Podcast, NBC Today Show, The CNN Daily, CNN In Case You Missed It, NBC Nightly News, NBC Meet The Press, CBS Face the Nation, Podfinder UK, Motorz

Audio : Jamendo, iPodcast, BBC Podcast, Indiefeed, CNN News, ABC News

Photos : Flickr, Picasaweb, Pikeo, 23, Photobucket, SmugMug

RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, NMT Forum, Bloglines, Cinecast, MSNBC News, Traffice Condition, Yahoo! Traffic Alerts, Yahoo! News, Weather Bug

Peer-to-peer TV : SayaTV

Internet Radio : Radiobox, Live365 Radio, shoutcast

It can play pretty much anything, HD video is great, even when being streamed from my NAS server, but be aware wireless conection via the USB dongle is pretty crap for HD, i prefer lan cable connection.

Internal fitted Hard Drive (SATAII) isn't necessary even for streaming, but you will need it for Bittorrent and the client on it is pretty good, seems be able to get arounf my ISP network traffic shaper during the daytime.

you should give it a go, i find it better then me lugging my laptop from my room to the projector, i just grab this instead. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

onizuka-gto wrote:
this thing is a beast. hmm let me do more research on this. thanks for putting your time into this

baka baka baka
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

b0mb3r wrote:
onizuka-gto wrote:
this thing is a beast. hmm let me do more research on this. thanks for putting your time into this

no problem, there are others like it, but not as cheap or small and portable as this one, it feels like an external hard drive case similar to the old pata hard drive "ICY BOX".

Also been using the FTP service, it's pretty good. But not advisable to expose to the net as you can't change the username or the port.

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Kara no Kyoukai”