Why is KnK under the active translation column?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Why is KnK under the active translation column?

Post by Umiman »

On a side note, there is a very comprehensive synopsis here: http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~typemoon/rakkyo/index.htm
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.
Question
Astral Realm

Post by Question »

Jumpyshoes wrote:
Question wrote:Considering the impressive amount of type-moon fags that are translators, you would think this would get some translation.
The book is written in a very difficult way to translate it. Why don't you try to translate it?
This would be a possible valid reasoning except that works on the same level, or harder, have been translated ages ago.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Question wrote:
Jumpyshoes wrote: The book is written in a very difficult way to translate it. Why don't you try to translate it?
This would be a possible valid reasoning except that works on the same level, or harder, have been translated ages ago.

:roll:

you not going to let it go, are you?

KnK is pretty much stalled, we just need more translators. So if you happen to know any people who knows a bit of Japanese, perhaps you can point them our way?

:D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Question
Astral Realm

Post by Question »

I was just pointing out why the "oh its so hard!" reasoning doesnt work.

And actually i do know translators who know japanese. I believe theres over a half dozen of them on this forum.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Question wrote:I was just pointing out why the "oh its so hard!" reasoning doesnt work.

And actually i do know translators who know japanese. I believe theres over a half dozen of them on this forum.
well hopefully with the summer holidays coming, more people will have time to help out.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Florin »

Question wrote:I was just pointing out why the "oh its so hard!" reasoning doesnt work.

Er, that's not nearly enough, you know. It's like less than half a person on each project. As for Knk, there's some hope that Garden of Sinners anime would be success, and it would heighten people's interest, possibly attracting those willing to translate. Well, maybe.
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.

Return to “Kara no Kyoukai”