Kara no Kyoukai

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

How did you find Kara no Kyoukai?

It was good! Please do more!
76%
It was interesting.
12%
Not as good as I thought.
6%
Boring. Not touching it again.
6%

Total votes: 51

alyeris
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by alyeris »

Well to be honest I haven't really gone over the three chapters that Takajun translated very much. I generally trust him to do a good job on translations :) . And yes it should be Ryougi and Kokuto, Taka was probably working phonetically when he did the first translations.
Just a newbie trying to contribute to society
ddrddr
Astral Realm

Post by ddrddr »

ok
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

onizuka-gto wrote:eh? tgm scared? amazing.

keep up the good work alyeris, my anti-TGM spamming project might actually have a glimmer of hope..... :roll:
Hey hey, that was a serious statement. I honestly am turned off by the way the chapters are set up so I haven't considered reading it yet. :?

Maybe I'll give it a try sometime this weekend after I hit 1600.
alyeris
Project Translator

Post by alyeris »

Hey Rakkyo is a love it or hate it kinda story after all. Some people love Nasu's work and some people (not mentioning any particular people at my school here) hate it and trash it at every opportunity.

It is interesting though that Nasu writes in the same style for all of his work, mostly first person interspaced by occasional interlude type third person views of events.
ddrddr
Astral Realm

Post by ddrddr »

"... Hmm, the only living organisms that don't grow are dead things"

Wait WHAT
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ddrddr wrote:"... Hmm, the only living organisms that don't grow are dead things"

Wait WHAT
lol.

great Erigrish quote! :P

But I think the correct meaning of it is:

"... Hmm, the only biological organisms that don't grow, are dead ones"

or simply "organisms" because in English we assume that word with biological creatures.

the word "living" tacked on, is a double adjective to the sentence...and add punctuation, minus the verb/noun at the end, to make it sound more fluent.

( random English language technicality thrown in. i have no idea what im talking about)

lol
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ddrddr
Astral Realm

Post by ddrddr »

Yeah, I figured that much.

It was just such a Shirouism I was tempted to leave it in...
fraye
Astral Realm

Post by fraye »

Sorry if this is a wrong thread to make this post but it seems the polls are about if the novel is great or boring... so I assume I could put this things here. Didn't have time to read all posts here so... sorry.

Just finished reading the first three volumes today... and the third one was kinda hyped. Liked it very much. The story is getting interesting, and I would be reading the rest tomorrow (only the translated ones of course for I cant read or speak japannese). Keep up the good work guys and the story seems to have a promising plot.

Reading your translations is really something enjoyable. I can't even tell how much time I spent staring at my monitor reading those three volumes straight. It already 2:45am here. (When did I start? :roll: )

Good day and God bless.
Byakko
Astral Realm

Post by Byakko »

First three volumes - you mean chapters, there are only 2 volumes.
alyeris
Project Translator

Post by alyeris »

Yay, finally got past Enjoh's emo period in chapter 5, and finally started translating the interesting parts. On the other hand though Touko's fight is still.... rats... 100+ pages away.
fraye
Astral Realm

Post by fraye »

So murder study, overlooking view, remaining sense of pain and void shrine aren't volumes of the book?
Florin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Florin »

fraye wrote:So murder study, overlooking view, remaining sense of pain and void shrine aren't volumes of the book?
Nope. They are chapters. BTW, if there are two voulmes, which chapters are in which volume?
There is no gravity: The Earth just sucks.
alyeris
Project Translator

Post by alyeris »

Chapters 1-5(first half) are in Volume 1, chapters 5(second half)-'Kara no Kyoukai' are in Volume 2.
onizuka-gto wrote:
ddrddr wrote:"... Hmm, the only living organisms that don't grow are dead things"

Wait WHAT
lol.

great Erigrish quote! :P

But I think the correct meaning of it is:

"... Hmm, the only biological organisms that don't grow, are dead ones"

lol
Oops :oops:

I saw the word in korean which means 'living object' and I translated it nearly literally....
edogawaconan
Astral Realm

Post by edogawaconan »

I love this novel.
Thanks a lot for translating it. :D
alyeris
Project Translator

Post by alyeris »

Just got back from Europe, lost my blackberry and my credit card was copied by some Itsuki who spent about $3500 US on it.

I will probably put up some chapters in the next week or so. I have two that I finished before I went to Europe but I'm gonna have to revise those.

:EDIT: This is insane... I forgot how long part 6 of chapter 5 is lol. It's gonna take me a while...

Return to “Kara no Kyoukai”