why not "Kaze no Stigma"?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want "kaze no stigma" as the next project?

Yes
79%
No
14%
wtf is it about give more info or stfu
7%

Total votes: 28

HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

I've seen the first 2 episodes of the anime, and it seems to be pretty interesting for me. However, something tells me that I should finish up old projects before I stick my head into new ones.... :D

P/S: the_naming_game by Takusu Ayako do you mean Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo?

P/P/S: Get an avatar already :roll:
/me claws out throat and dies
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

Felin:
Not sure when I'll try Kaze no Stigma prologue/ch1 but something like 1-2 weeks.

HolyCow:
Morino will slit your throat if you drop GOTH, of course. No wonder you're so loyal.
HolyCow wrote:P/S: the_naming_game by Takusu Ayako do you mean Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo?
yes.

Though GOTH still gets priority... it'd be sad to leave it unfinished. The manga has haunted me ever since I finished it, and the actual novel has an even more pronounced effect. I'm going to be pissed if the ending is half-assed though.

Besides, the prose in Mamoru-kun is deeply annoying to me as a translator, though not as a reader. Basically, tons of descriptions and turns of phrase and details, and so the plot-to-words ratio is ridiculously low. Imagine translating a few pages to find you're still standing in the same place, describing the same thing. (/me refers to HolyCow's sig.)

I'll get an avatar ... ETA ... before the GOTH translation finishes. Translate faster!
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
piccu
Astral Realm

Post by piccu »

Kaze no Stigma would be great!
I only have watched the first 2 episodes but I can say for sure that I love the story and characters.
Ren is damn cute :D
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Shes your typical sword wielding Tsundere. You can find girls like her in every 3 animes.
Felin
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

She's like hotter and fiercier Shana and mmm the overall characters around bring out her role very nicely. :P
plus the addon of the wind use rocks. :twisted:
Making some money through links ;) click here here to know more.
piccu
Astral Realm

Post by piccu »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Shes your typical sword wielding Tsundere. You can find girls like her in every 3 animes.
if it's a reply to my post:
Ren is Kazuma's little brother :P
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

XD my bad. I was thinking of Ayano. /baka
Felin
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

no, admit it! you have shouta complex (underage boys liking) :P
philixus1988
Astral Realm

Post by philixus1988 »

For my first post on baka-tsuki
I have seen 4 episodes of the anime and i breathe a sigh of relief every time i see the cockiness of the main character. I mean i have seen so mainy animes that has Mr.Doofus as a main character. Its really refreshing.
HELL YEAH! I want Kaze no Stigma translated.
Felin
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

philixus1988 can't agree more...I had enough with the shy, polite and dumb main characters thank you very much :)
philixus1988
Astral Realm

Post by philixus1988 »

Yeah well this spring seems to be different i suppose or i just got lucky with my choices. Kazuma in Kaze no Stigma, Hei in Darker than Black, Age in Heroic Age (A bit kiddy kiddy but who cares) are all powerful main character one with very staunch morals (Age) , one with loose morals (Kazuma) and one with no morality what so ever (Hei). Out of all these i like hei the best really cold character who puts on such a nice attitude.
You seen any of these, just do one post since we might just take the thread off on a tagent.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

Don't worry about derailing the topic, it's the norm here 8)

I've seen all 3 series above, and I agree with you. I probably like Hei the best out of the three :P
/me claws out throat and dies
Felin
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Felin »

I didn't like him very much, it isn't about his unexpresional face but for the unknown strangeness of his activity and the story.
maybe later after he develops little more character (and motive in life/reason for killing) and we finally will meet his work buddies he will shine more.
right now he's too robotic for me, but I know it's because the series want to keep with the dark tone and reveal the secrets later. so i'll bare with it for now. 8)

P.S. : I'm watching like, 15~ shows and all 3 among them.
[Anime-RG] Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo - 01 [6818B3C8]
my latest >.<
philixus1988
Astral Realm

Post by philixus1988 »

About Hei: He is a contractor and has really lost (nearly) any links with his emotions, Every contractor in DTB is like that and the dolls are pretty much talking radars for contractor activity.
piccu
Astral Realm

Post by piccu »

Felin wrote:no, admit it! you have shouta complex (underage boys liking) :P
lol but Ren is really the cutest shota boy, Honey-senpai is really nothing against Ren. Honey is not even cute.
But I don't think i have shota con, since I'm only like 5 years older than Ren :D

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”