why not "Kaze no Stigma"?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want "kaze no stigma" as the next project?

Yes
79%
No
14%
wtf is it about give more info or stfu
7%

Total votes: 28

erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

I really liked the this light novel. Willing to help translate if you do plan on taking it a step further...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

its not a point whether "we" would like to take it further, it's actually depends on "you"

If you can Translate, from Japanese to English (As i assume we only have Japanese Raws), and you are willing.

We will provide the raws to you, and you can start whenever you like.

It does not matter if you think your English is bad, (For some it's probably better then some native english users), no matter what level you are, we are confident at Baka-Tsuki that we can help you improve your English and hopefully ours as well.

So please, do not be shy, if you are willing to translate we are all willing to help you.

:)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

I'm willing, but I highly doubt that I can do it alone (the translating part),

I have the Chinese raws not Japanese raws, and those Chinese raws are fans translated, so somewhat questionable...
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

erehwon wrote:I'm willing, but I highly doubt that I can do it alone (the translating part),

I have the Chinese raws not Japanese raws, and those Chinese raws are fans translated, so somewhat questionable...
Great.

While they might be questionable, don't hesistate to point things out if you are unsure, asking for help for translation is normal, we have many translators here who will help, and also might have the Japanese version so you can compare and sort things out.

You will not be alone. :P

We will break the Novel up into manageable peices, just like Haruhi novel format, hence when people get interested in the novel, i'm sure more people will join in to help you translate it.
Especially with the Anime currently being aired.

If you think you wish to start, all you have to do is give your word you will complete at leased one section/chapter of the novel, which might only be 2-14 pages, in various amount.

We have no eadline, so you can take your time, after all we like to think you are enjoying this as much as the readers, so there is no need to rush.

To start just register on the wiki and create a main page for it, and just copy th layout page from the Haruhi main page.

P.M. your wiki username and i will upgrade your access level.

I look forward to your reply, and no matter what your decision, i hope you stick around to help contribute to Baka-Tsuki.

thank you.

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

erehwon:
I only have about 5 pages of ch1 left, so I'll finish that soon, so you can start on ch2 right away. I'll help however I can, but if this does become an actual project, I still won't be able to spend much more time on it than I currently am, though I will try to up it a little. I think 20-30 pages/week will be about my maximum speed. (And being the lazy person I am, if enough translators come onto this project, I may drop out entirely, only returning in times of need. But for now, I'm still in.)

In terms of translation help in particular, just ask, either in the forums, or in the channel.

Is anyone
willing to help build/maintain the wiki page for this project if/when it gets off the ground? Also, perhaps some editors. Someone who's familiar with Japanese martial arts terms might be useful as well.
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Well, I might be willing to edit, but I am not familiar with Japanese martial arts terms. I live in America, so at least English is my first language. It's also near the end of the school year, so I might have more time to do stuff (like edit and spam).
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

well, I think this fine, let's get started then... I'll start working on chapter 2...

JumpyShoes: Editing help will be great. Making things flow better in English would be nice. I'm decent with Japanese martial art terms... so that's taken care of.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Cool. Should I edit chapter 1 too?

P.S. My name is Jumpyshoes, Not JumpyShoes (the s is lower cased). Just an FYI
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

sorry about that, thxs for correcting...

I guess you could start editing chapter 1. Do you know how to setup the wiki projects?
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Well, no. That's the problem. If someone sets it up, I can look through and then edit it. Sorry. Also, it's easier for me to read the text if it's in the format used in the wiki. Sorry again.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

oh well, we will figure it out somehow...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Yea. We should recruit a mod. If you ever need to talk to me I might be on the IRC channel. Well, as soon as there's a wiki page, I'll start editing. Also, is all of chapter 1 finished? Just wanna know.
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

If you can get a page set up, I can create the main page for it like I did with GOTH.
/me claws out throat and dies
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

Jumpyshoes
Chapter 1 isn't done yet, pretty close though. A mod would be nice.

Any volunteers?

HolyCow
Thxs for the offer will let you know when something is setup...
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Someone made a site. It's not on the navigation bar though. The URL is here. http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... _no_Stigma Well, HolyCow! Your turn. Also, can a mod put it on the navigation bar?

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”