Now Hiring: Translators, Editors, and Staff

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

erehwon wrote:well, thxs for the appreciation, if you can help that 's great... :D ; you could help edit if you want.
nice to see you still plodding away, erehwon.

gambatte ne.

:wink:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Momogan
Astral Realm

Post by Momogan »

Hi, just thought i'd try my hand at translating a chapter from kaze no stigma, but i see it says "Maximum number of Translators per volume is two", however i also see there's three working on volume one already, so i'm guessing a fourth will not matter? >_>;
Zero
Astral Realm

Post by Zero »

erehwon wrote:well, thxs for the appreciation, if you can help that 's great... :D ; you could help edit if you want.
What would that involve? If it's something that I can do (which is just about anything as long as I don't have to translate Japanese, my regrettable weak point) then I'd be more than happy to help. :D Spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc are my best abilities. I also have large quantities of free time which I'd be happy to donate towards assisting (I'm talking almost every afternoon of the week).
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

Go read the translated parts. If something looks awkward, weird, out of place, etc. fix it. Guidelines here.

I should be editing, but I'm too lazy, school sucks, and I'm more interested in Clannad. Sorry.
Zero
Astral Realm

Post by Zero »

I'll start tomorrow morning.
Zero
Astral Realm

Post by Zero »

I've started editing Chapter 2.
Last edited by Zero on Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Zero wrote:I've started editing Chapter 2. I haven't yet figured out how to log in, so all edits from 69.156.77.157 are me.
all you have to do is register, by clicking the top right hand link.

if you having problems with logging in, and you cannot remember your password, just click the link to retrieve it, if you have also added your email address to the account.

if not, i regret you have to re-register.

if that is the case, please p.m. me your wiki-username, so i can check up on it.

Thank you for contributing to Baka-Tsuki and i look forward to seeing you on the wiki!
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Zero
Astral Realm

Post by Zero »

I just finished registering (didn't see the login/create account button before). I'll continue editing as the day goes on.
Hibari
Astral Realm

Re: Now Hiring: Translators, Editors, and Staff

Post by Hibari »

I did a minor edit in the structure of chapter 1 , there were unclear ideas that the readers could misinterpret. Though I'm planning to do a major edit but it would be done only if my schedule would permit me.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Revivial of a thread over a year old...

Hibari, if i should call you that...
Do you have the raws or something? so you know what it is talking about really? just wondering...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
hinagiku
Astral Realm

Post by hinagiku »

I know I'm new and this is my first post but I'm a big fan of KnS, may I give translating the series a go? I'm currently on my "japanese language and culture" course and I think that this experience will be helpful on my part as a bonus to the fact that I really also want to help the community even if I'm a new comer. I'm not that good though... :( probably a newbie to many people's eyes.
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

hinagiku wrote:I know I'm new and this is my first post but I'm a big fan of KnS, may I give translating the series a go? I'm currently on my "japanese language and culture" course and I think that this experience will be helpful on my part as a bonus to the fact that I really also want to help the community even if I'm a new comer. I'm not that good though... :( probably a newbie to many people's eyes.
Lol. I believe you are more than welcome to contribute in this project... :D Don't worry about making mistakes or being a noob or things like that. EVERYONE went through that. You should be able to start immediately. (Shadow should have no qualms about that...) And a warm welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8)
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
hinagiku
Astral Realm

Post by hinagiku »

thank you, so how and when can I start? Where do I get the material to translate? Or do I have to look for a copy of my own?
ShadowZeroHeart

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
hinagiku wrote:I know I'm new and this is my first post but I'm a big fan of KnS, may I give translating the series a go? I'm currently on my "japanese language and culture" course and I think that this experience will be helpful on my part as a bonus to the fact that I really also want to help the community even if I'm a new comer. I'm not that good though... :( probably a newbie to many people's eyes.
Lol. I believe you are more than welcome to contribute in this project... :D Don't worry about making mistakes or being a noob or things like that. EVERYONE went through that. You should be able to start immediately. (Shadow should have no qualms about that...) And a warm welcome to Baka-Tsuki. 8)
Wow Zyzzyva165 became my spokesman @@ LOLz
Well that aside, feel free to give it a try. Besides, we could definitely use the help, since I am a Chinese=>English translator, and we should always trust the Japanese text more. By some coincidence or fate, I had the exact same queries as you when I first joined! I just felt like helping out and bucking up for the start of my school, yet in the end i got stuck here for longer than i would have expected! And don't worry, I am still a newbie as well =X
hinagiku wrote:thank you, so how and when can I start? Where do I get the material to translate? Or do I have to look for a copy of my own?
Firstly, well, try asking Vaelis or someone for some way of locating the text. As I mentioned, mine is a Chinese copy, and a hardcopy at that, so sadly I am unable to help in this area. It is fine if you find your own copy as well. As to how and when to start... This is not a job interview ^^" Nor is this a paid job, so you can just work and start as and when you wish.

In my case, I simply type my translations in a MS Word document and upload them onto B-T part by part. The (noisy) moderators would probably ask you to register an account for B-T wiki before you upload, so as to identify who did what more clearly.

Next, simply indicate which chapter/part you intend to translate, so as the same parts will not be translated twice or more, wasting time and manpower.

And just to note, if you are truly inconfident and unsure about how to go at it or whether you will be committed and patient enough, you can try reading through the previous chapters and editing them. By reading them against your text, you can help us edit our script more closely to the Japanese original script, and gaining confidence in your abilities at the same time. Do not worry, no one will blame you for what you do. So have fun, and may you enjoy your stay at B-T!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: Wow Zyzzyva165 became my spokesman @@ LOLz
Just happened to notice it......
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”