Now Hiring: Translators, Editors, and Staff

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

erehwon
Astral Realm

Now Hiring: Translators, Editors, and Staff

Post by erehwon »

Salary: 0
Benefits: 0 (am I missing any?)
Satisfaction: Priceless...

kinda lame, anyways if you are interested in the series and would like help. post a message here :) We welcome all the help we can get.
kwok
Astral Realm

Post by kwok »

Hey seeing as to how interesting this series seems, I'm willing to help out as a translator-editor of sorts. My first priority of sorts would be to beautify the English, but I'd prefer raws with that. Can read Japanese or Chinese.
obaka-san
Astral Realm

Post by obaka-san »

I'm paying double, no, triple the salary ere suggested above to anyone who's willing to work on Haruhi VN version with me.
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

kwok: welcome onboard, we are happy to get help. At least I am, I'm sure the other guys are also pleased. If you can read both Japanese and Chinese, then translating or editing from Japanese would be preferable. Also, if you could translate that would be great, but no pressure either is good.

To get the Japanese raws, you should PM TNG, or Felin, or Jumpyshoes. I think they all have it.

To help translate, PM Onizuka-GTO and check this post: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/forums/viewto ... c&start=45

Let me know what you think.

obaka-san VN - I assume in Vietnamese? I almost read it as VD version, venereal disease. Slight confusion.
Jumpyshoes
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Jumpyshoes »

obaka-san wrote:I'm paying double, no, triple the salary ere suggested above to anyone who's willing to work on Haruhi VN version with me.
3*0=0. Wonderful.
kwok wrote:Hey seeing as to how interesting this series seems, I'm willing to help out as a translator-editor of sorts. My first priority of sorts would be to beautify the English, but I'd prefer raws with that. Can read Japanese or Chinese.
I have the Japanese raws. As erewhon said, PM me if you want them. You can also PM TGN (the_naming) or Felin. Actually, you don't even need to be a translator. You can cross-check the original vs. the translations. The position counts as editor. Also, because this is an open source project (I think that's what it's called), there are no obligations. If you chose to work, work at your own pace.
trigger-happy
Astral Realm

Post by trigger-happy »

Is there an open slot for me to become an editor in Kaze no Stigma? I'm highly fluent in English though I'm close to nada on Japanese. Best I can do would be to do spelling/grammar checks on the translations.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Anybody who is registered on the Wiki can be a editor :)

Mind you we need more translators then editors, as we only have one, so there won't really be much for you to edit.

But never-a-less, don't let that stop you, better to edit then to not edit at all... :roll:
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Your first test as an editor is to fix Oni-kun's horrendous Brit-English. :?
trigger-happy
Astral Realm

Post by trigger-happy »

onizuka-gto wrote:Anybody who is registered on the Wiki can be a editor :)

Mind you we need more translators then editors, as we only have one, so there won't really be much for you to edit.

But never-a-less, don't let that stop you, better to edit then to not edit at all... :roll:
Anybody who is registered on the Wiki can be an editor :)

Mind you, we need more translators than editors as we only have one so there won't really be much for you to edit.

But nevertheless it shouldn't stop you. Better to edit than not to edit at all... :roll:

Hope I don't get maimed for doing that XD
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by HolyCow »

You need to sit for a test first. PM Onizuka-GTO about it and he'll get you started :D
/me claws out throat and dies
obaka-san
Astral Realm

Post by obaka-san »

yea, I did that test once before. He had me clear the final level of Megamari, which is basically impossible.
kwok
Astral Realm

Post by kwok »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Your first test as an editor is to fix Oni-kun's horrendous Brit-English. :?
British English is the best. Criticise. Analyse. We don't pronounce aluminium without the vowels.
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by the_naming_game »

We don't either. And we don't misspell "aluminum" either!
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Oh god. Symph and I had a conversation about Aluminum/Aluminium. :?
erehwon
Astral Realm

Post by erehwon »

The more editors for KnS will be nice, making things sound right in English will be great.

trigger-happy welcome onboard. If you want the official "editor" title than you have to take the test. But before you take the test you probably have to show some umm work/enthusiasm/...

Actually I was thinking about adding a special help/thanks note on the main page of KnS, so that we could add names of people that are helping, as thanks and knowing who's who.

Let me know what y'all think.

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”