Chapter 5 completed!

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Chapter 5 completed!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Woohoo! MY PERSONAL CHATROOM! Lolz, no one bothers about KnS by now =X so i declare this place officially mine!
Just kidding, but anyway, is anyone doing editting or even viewing the novel?

An abstract from the novel, even people who are not KnS fans please read this... I find it very meaningful...
Spoiler! :
”Ren, let me tell you the rules of this game. “The winner is the one who lives”. Simple?”

Ren was at a loss due to the sudden rough actions, but Kazuma continues to talk without caring..

“Someone without the will to live is sure to lose. This is a rule that will never change in a fight. Remember that.

Listen well. You are just a kid, just a newbie, no one thinks that you are of much use. So, just doing what you can do will be enough.”

”What I can do……?”

“That is “to live”. Don’t try to beautify death with the term self-sacrifice.

Death is the end of everything. Anything in the past, present and future will lose their meaning in an instant, that is death. There is no way to start over, the absolute end.”

Unable to lose, unable to sacrifice. He cannot accept using the future of a twelve year old in exchange for peace.

Kazuma does not want to lose anything important anymore.

“But as long as you are still alive, there will be a chance to turn the tables around, so, even if your teeth are broken off, you must swallow them back with your blood, no matter how pathetic, how shameful, never give up on surviving. Even if you must struggle to the very last moment, this is your battle, can you do it?”

Kazuma looked at Ren closely, and Ren looked back at Kazuma just the same way.

Never give up, never throw hope away, these are the determinations required to win, Ren learnt this from Kazuma. His pale face regained its natural color, the light of being pushed to a deadend in his eyes seems to be fading away.

(I am not alone.)

There are people who protect me, people who support me, so all I need to do is to finish whatever I can. Because, this is the best way to make the me who is still immature now useful.

“Yes!”
Understand the meaning of life, do not regret your past, live on as it is something everyone should do... If anyone feels alone or left out, feel free to chat with me ^^ Dont think about death before you do chat with me, or i shall curse and haunt you when i die!

P.S. Man, working like this is tiring... one more chapter to finish book 1... One man army for the project! WOOHOO! maybe i should learn jap...? pray hard chinese book 3 gets released soon, i cant translate what i cannot understand ^^
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Re: Chapter 5 completed!

Post by Vaelis »

Naaaaaaah, you aren't alone :wink:
After seeing you active for this project, I decided to watch the anime.
I'm waiting a little before reading the novel.
If you didn't notice, I've uploaded the illustrations for volume 1 (I wanted to wait a little but darknemo2000 have done it for volume 2-3-4) and I've inserted the pictures in the translation.
ShadowZeroHeart

Oooohhhh! so that is where that picture appeared from ^^"
one day it just appeared, i never knew why or how LOLz! Thanks for the help!
Its nice to know that someone actually reads the translations, at least now i know i am not doing it in vain ^^
thanks a bunch!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

At least you get more views than my romanian SHnY translation >_>
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

This is like Fight Club dude. Plenty of people read the translations, just no one talks about it. :? I go through and read all the novels myself, but only after they have gotten to a decent point. That and if I ever find the free time. :|
ShadowZeroHeart

I would wish at least someone points out on how i can improve on my translation ^^"
On one hand, someone is reading, and someone is editing
On the other, I will know where and how I can improve on them, good for future translations, and for my english test that will be coming up in a few months... Darn! how to improve my english? >"<!!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Get on the IRC channel to improve your english :P
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I watched the anime for this series, and I guess I never really picked up reading the novel because of that...but I do have a question.

I really did like KnS, but I thought the anime's end was the novels end. Are the novels still continuing?

The part it left off at was...that guy with the reincarnation of Kazuma's old flame (i think that's the male leads name) took off in a castle thing, then the male lead and female lead acted sentimental, the end....

where is the novel at now in terms of your translation??

EDIT: I also won't mind editing a bit, though right now I can't make any promises as to what I can or cannot do.
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:I watched the anime for this series, and I guess I never really picked up reading the novel because of that...but I do have a question.

I really did like KnS, but I thought the anime's end was the novels end. Are the novels still continuing?

The part it left off at was...that guy with the reincarnation of Kazuma's old flame (i think that's the male leads name) took off in a castle thing, then the male lead and female lead acted sentimental, the end....

where is the novel at now in terms of your translation??

EDIT: I also won't mind editing a bit, though right now I can't make any promises as to what I can or cannot do.
Yes and no, the anime ended where the novel ended, or so i believe, i do not have the actual jap text, but according to the title, i believe that that is where it ended, and the novel is supposedly continuing, though i have no idea when the next book will come out, or if it will really come out.
According to wiki, the latest book for the main story was October 2005, yet the latest short story volume was dec 07, so... i guess only the author can answer your question? sorry about that...

In terms of my translation, it is still very early, Ayano, the "lively" girl with that big torch called Enraiha is only just about to find out that Kazuma is a contractor... and the furthest i can go is for Kazuma to meet and have the story with the maid in the Kannagi, Misao Ogami. That is due to the fact that i am translating from chinese text, and so far only 2 volumes are out, so i guess you cannot expect much about the novel story... Sorry about that once more.

I watched the anime and became interested myself, and in my opinion, i prefer the novel part in terms of Misao's story, and i find the way some things are protraited are better, even though i must admit that i had quite a number of the anime actions in mind as i read the novel.

and of course, i do not put the burden upon others to read and MUST tell me what they think, or to say some people MUST read/edit the novel, after all, i cannot promise anyone that i will be able to do much myself, so feel free and relax, and do what you wish, even if you just read the translations, or just think it is a waste of time, i have no hard feelings towards such actions, your interest in KnS and to even make a reply to this topic is already much better than people who may read and insult my translating in their hearts(if anyone is like that) ^^

P.S. currently at chapter 6 part 1, Ren's first battle! will continue on! (hopefully)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Anime Episode <--> Novel Volume: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%A2%A8% ... 8.E3.83.AB

More or less:

In the anime: KnS Volume 1-2-3-4-5 and KnS Ignition Volume 1-2-4
Not in the anime: KnS (main story) Volume 6 and KnS Ignition (side story) Volume 3-5
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Okay, so there are apparently 24 anime episodes. Did those 24 Episodes follow ALL the KnS volumes?

Or did they stop at say Volume 4 or something?

What are the IGNITE volumes? are they a different thing? or is it still kazuma, ayano, etc, and a "second season" of novels?

Have the IGNITE volumes been put into the 24 anime episodes?
ShadowZeroHeart

Ignition are short story collections, or extra stories... or sidestories as Vaelis said...

From the book 1 and 2 i read about, yes the anime followed very closely, though i did not refer to the novel as i watch the anime or vice versa, however, i am unable to read the novel beyond book 2 for now, due to the japanese novels only being translated to book 2. From what Vaelis has mentioned, they stopped at book 5, together with 3 of the Ignition...
that means yes it is about kazuma and ayano and ren etc...

What i am more interested to know is... is the main story still continuing? its been an awfully long time since the last main story volume... Vaelis, any idea?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I know I shouldn't bump but...@BUMP Shadow =)

Is the main storyline still continuing? or does the light novel continue it beyond where the anime ends, in other words, beyond the RPG arc?
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:What i am more interested to know is... is the main story still continuing? its been an awfully long time since the last main story volume... Vaelis, any idea?
The author is recovering from Leukemia since 2005.
The short stories in the ignition volumes published afterwards were already more or less written.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Krikit wrote:Is the main storyline still continuing? or does the light novel continue it beyond where the anime ends, in other words, beyond the RPG arc?
As I said, volume 6 of the main story was not in the anime.
The anime ends at volume 5.

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”