Still need an Editor?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Still need an Editor?

Post by Hiyono »

Um, yeah...Could you stick to editing through the Wiki? I notice MS Word has changed the spacing, and a significant chunk of chapter one has now gone missing...
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
Hibari
Astral Realm

Post by Hibari »

Something was omitted? There were some text that had been altered there, and there are 2 possible outcome for that, a shortened version of the original chunk or a lengthened version of the original part. I still have the original text here in my files do you want me send it to you so that you could point out the missing chunk and leave it as is?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Hibari wrote:Something was omitted? There were some text that had been altered there, and there are 2 possible outcome for that, a shortened version of the original chunk or a lengthened version of the original part. I still have the original text here in my files do you want me send it to you so that you could point out the missing chunk and leave it as is?
Interested to get my MS word original translation text to check it out? =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Hibari
Astral Realm

Post by Hibari »

Shadow if possible can you send me the original chunk I would like to review some changes that I had made. I had only read the half to the first chapter in volume 1 due to my difficulties in recognizing some of it's kanji which in result may had altered the flow of the story but I watched the 1st episode in the story to compensate.. I'm very sorry for the misinterpretations done in my edit...
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

Hmm, couple things. First, as I've said before, and as I'll say again, accuracy is #1. If you're not certain about something, ask. As for what's missing, the entire end of the first chapter lol. Also, I would avoid using the anime as a reference, as they changed some things.
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
ShadowZeroHeart

Hiyono wrote:Hmm, couple things. First, as I've said before, and as I'll say again, accuracy is #1. If you're not certain about something, ask. As for what's missing, the entire end of the first chapter lol. Also, I would avoid using the anime as a reference, as they changed some things.
Most are similar, however, novels are better than animes in many ways such as the expressing of feelings, thoughts, insignificant details. A single action can hold a dozen meanings in a novel, yet in an anime it is just one action. In manga at most it is 3 meanings i guess... Thats why i dont really think you can compare them like that...
Hibari wrote:Shadow if possible can you send me the original chunk I would like to review some changes that I had made. I had only read the half to the first chapter in volume 1 due to my difficulties in recognizing some of it's kanji which in result may had altered the flow of the story but I watched the 1st episode in the story to compensate.. I'm very sorry for the misinterpretations done in my edit...
.......................................... ARGH!!!
I forgot =X lolz, i started from chapter 3 and 5, so i dont have those... anyways, i can just do a retranslation of the parts lost when i get home... sorry, back to volume 1 i guess =X

P.S. no worries, my quota of one part per week is met (one part of a chapter of KnS, and about 10pages of SnS) so all other works are extras ^^ get back to you later

Edit: or maybe i should retranslate everything? ~.~ there has been enough complaints from readers
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Hibari
Astral Realm

Post by Hibari »

The entire end of the chapter? I'm sure that I had only edited some parts in the end of the chapter. AFAIK I haven't omitted any phrases or sentences in the end of the chapter, let's just wait for shadow's original script to arrive so we could wrap it up...
ShadowZeroHeart

Hibari wrote:The entire end of the chapter? I'm sure that I had only edited some parts in the end of the chapter. AFAIK I haven't omitted any phrases or sentences in the end of the chapter, let's just wait for shadow's original script to arrive so we could wrap it up...
Hiyono wrote:Hmm, couple things. First, as I've said before, and as I'll say again, accuracy is #1. If you're not certain about something, ask. As for what's missing, the entire end of the first chapter lol. Also, I would avoid using the anime as a reference, as they changed some things.
Please dont "beautify" things like that? ^^"

Almost the entire chapter is gone. If i recall (even without the novel), Chapter one is about the exorcising of the evil spirit by Kazuma as he extorts a hell lot of money from his employer after Shinji blows everything up. And Shinji dies, thus the beginning of chapter 2...

And now, the evil spirit is having the last laugh (literally)!
EVIL PREVAILS!! ALL HAIL DARKNESS!!!

=X so i guess its the whole chapter...

and no, there is no original script, so i have to make one...

Edit: thought of a new name for the new chapter one ^^
Kaze no Stigma=> Stigma of the wind
Changed to:
Unholy Burnt Scars, starring Shinji, and the evil spirit that blasts him up!! =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

Haha Shadow. I have to admit to sharing similar sentiments. Anyway, all is not lost. Wiki keeps a track of all changes, and yes, you can roll them back.

Now to end with a typical Hiyono side note: "I screwed up big time!" ("I've made a huge mistake") + missing chapter = Gob? Cookies to anyone who gets the reference ;D
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Hiyono wrote:you can roll them back.
It's done :| (it's now the version of August 17)
Hibari
Astral Realm

Post by Hibari »

My god you're right!!!

I thought the # 2 was basically the chapter 2 of the volume 1. SORRY GUYS :oops:

I owe you big time...
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
And now, the evil spirit is having the last laugh (literally)!
EVIL PREVAILS!! ALL HAIL DARKNESS!!!

=X so i guess its the whole chapter...

and no, there is no original script, so i have to make one...

Edit: thought of a new name for the new chapter one ^^
Kaze no Stigma=> Stigma of the wind
Changed to:
Unholy Burnt Scars, starring Shinji, and the evil spirit that blasts him up!! =X
HAHAHAHAH! i laughed so hard on that!

o and Hibari, yeah its cool, everyone messes up
ShadowZeroHeart

Everyone messes up, what matters is how you cover it up so no one knows hopefully,
or do something so no one would blame you for it =X

No worries, i dont mind, no one really does, besides, its all over now
hehez

even if its gone, no one is injured, all we need to do is come up with a new translation, thats the good thing about the new age

so no worries, just have a good laugh over it ^^
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote: even if its gone, no one is injured, all we need to do is come up with a new translation, thats the good thing about the new age

so no worries, just have a good laugh over it ^^
huh what?
Vaelis wrote: It's done :| (it's now the version of August 17)
yeah...so... (my version woot!)
Zeferion
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Zeferion »

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering whether editors are still needed for this project. If so, do I need to register or notify people here or can I just go edit it on the wiki?

Anyways I won't do anything yet until I get a reply so as not to screw things up for everyone.

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”