Book 2 Chapter 4

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Book 2 Chapter 4

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Finally starting on Chapter 4... at the expense of homework and SnS... Darn!!

Anyways, anyone knows what is the translation for 彈舌頭? For now I shall be using "licks his lips lightly".
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darknemo2000
Senior Project Editor

Re: Book 2 Chapter 4

Post by Darknemo2000 »

Well, thats chineese not japanese so don't look at me. And it is good to see KnS still moving.

I prefer it over SnS of course.
ShadowZeroHeart

Darknemo2000 wrote:Well, thats chineese not japanese so don't look at me. And it is good to see KnS still moving.

I prefer it over SnS of course.
LOLz... SnS is really tough... And in comparison, I would say it is not as exciting as KnS, or as interesting. Okay, another thing to ask... What is the bloody translation for "示現流"? Is it Jigen-Ryu? It is some form of martial arts I think... ^^" Gee, am i supposed to know everything??

Part 1 uploaded.
3 parts to this chapter. And part 3 is like 5 or 6 pages. So basically I labelled it as 45% done already.

And behold!!
Kazuma is very anxious, yet the movement of a shadow is even swifter than Kazuma.

It is a shadow indeed.
MUAHAHA!! Shadows rule!! I beat Kazuma and Ayano hands down! I bet I don't even need hands!! MUAHAHA!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

Chapter 4 completed, Editors please read through and comment and tell me if there are any errors or things to clarify... time to sleep.... Should be getting prepared for my tests next week tomorrow... sighz...

P.S. took a look at ZnT thread, just how fast does darknemo work?? and how?? Darn!! He is so fast!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Finally starting on Chapter 4... at the expense of homework and SnS... Darn!!

Anyways, anyone knows what is the translation for 彈舌頭? For now I shall be using "licks his lips lightly".
I got it. The translation is 'click his tongue'.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Shadow wrote:...示現流...
Just checked the Jpn text. You are right. The furigana is Jigenryuu.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
ShadowZeroHeart

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Finally starting on Chapter 4... at the expense of homework and SnS... Darn!!

I got it. The translation is 'click his tongue'.
Where did you get this translation? @@ I need to get more sources in case more stuff like this comes up.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Shadow wrote:Where did you get this translation? @@ I need to get more sources in case more stuff like this comes up.
I checked it against the Japanese text, which is 舌打ちする. Then I check its meaning using a Japanese dictionary...
ShadowZeroHeart

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
Shadow wrote:Where did you get this translation? @@ I need to get more sources in case more stuff like this comes up.
I checked it against the Japanese text, which is 舌打ちする. Then I check its meaning using a Japanese dictionary...
I tried doing a search on the internet with the chinese text, but the translation is not easy to find >"<
Knowing what it means and finding a term to express it isnt easy... Darn the many online websites, why can't one or two of them have that translation?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Zyzzyva165

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Shadow wrote:I tried doing a search on the internet with the chinese text, but the translation is not easy to find >"<
Knowing what it means and finding a term to express it isnt easy... Darn the many online websites, why can't one or two of them have that translation?
Well...perhaps this term is not that common in Chinese? Or perhaps the Chinese dictionary isn't that good? Anyway, why don't you try to find a Chinese learning forum or something like that to ask translation questions? Cuz that's what I am doing, except that it is a Jpn learning forum. The moderators really helped me a lot. :D

By the way, the 一搭一唱 is quite tricky. It is not a common word in Japanese as well. :| I've asked the forum. Once the mods reply I'll post it over there...
ShadowZeroHeart

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
Shadow wrote:I tried doing a search on the internet with the chinese text, but the translation is not easy to find >"<
Well...perhaps this term is not that common in Chinese? Or perhaps the Chinese dictionary isn't that good? Anyway, why don't you try to find a Chinese learning forum or something like that to ask translation questions? Cuz that's what I am doing, except that it is a Jpn learning forum. The moderators really helped me a lot. :D

By the way, the 一搭一唱 is quite tricky. It is not a common word in Japanese as well. :| I've asked the forum. Once the mods reply I'll post it over there...
So far, at the moment, this is the only forums i pay attention to. The term isn't that common in Chinese indeed, and even though I can know the meaning, there is no proper translation online at the moment. And even less likely to have one in a Chinese-English dictionary. Besides... I don't have any Chinese->English dictionary, that is why I stick to online translation searchs.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”