Book 2 Chapter 6

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Book 2 Chapter 6

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Translation in Progress...

Quote from current translation:
Spoiler! :
“…… Why does a slime become a dragon upon job changing?”

“You play too many games, idiot.”

Kazuma rebuts bluntly.
And I need a little help with names once more...

WHAT IS THE BLOODY NAME OF THAT DRAGON??

弗栗多 is the chinese text for it...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Re: Book 2 Chapter 6

Post by Vaelis »

「……なんで、スライムがクラスチェンジしてドラゴンになるの?」
「ゲームのやりすぎだ阿呆」
和麻は容赦なく突っ込んだ。

But I don't see where is this name :?

But with wikipedia you get 弗栗多 = Vritra

[edit]Ah... it's mentioned 10 sentences later:
「ははははは! どうだい八神和麻! 僕が創った、この『ヴリトラ』を倒すことができるかな!?」

ヴリトラ (= 弗栗多) = Vritra
ShadowZeroHeart

Sorry, and thanks for the help!!

And I wonder at what level does slimes do job changes?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

Sorry for the long delay, I had a lot of things to deal with... (like holiday, playing games, watching animes etc etc etc)
It cant be helped (all because of the holiday mood... BLAME THE HOLIDAYS!!)

But another thing is that it is a rather long part... So finally... Put your hands to welcome Kaze no Stigma Volume 2, Chapter 6 part 2!! 22pages at one shot!! Will try to keep up to original schedule of one part a week as far as possible... AS FAR AS POSSIBLE!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol..u rox!
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:lol..u rox!
Yeah... I know you don't mean it... I slacked off too much... FINE I ADMIT IT!! I HAD BEEN PLAYING GAMES AND GAMES AND MORE GAMES!!! I CONFESS!!

And school is eating me now, as always... Anyone mind teaching me java? I have an assignment due by next week!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

Selected portions from Chapter 6 and epilogue for readers... Which i think are quite meaningful
Hopefully you can understand the meanings conveyed in them.

Chapter 6, part 3:
Chosen part 1:
Spoiler! :
“No one asked for your help, I did not want someone like you to save me at all!”

Hearing such an ungrateful speech, even Kazuma can’t help but be a little enraged. Yet the still angry Ayano failed to notice Kazuma’s expression.

“You are the one who wanted to be a busybody, yet you still want to look as though you are the savior! You only have Misao in your mind, then don’t come bothering me, just think about how to save Misao!”

“Even if Misao is saved, it would be pointless if you died.”

“……Huh?”

Ayano ponders about what that sentence means------ No matter the conclusion, she flushes red completely.

“Wha……What! You want to be a two-timer!? I will absolutely not allow this kind of thing!”

(Chinese text used is “You want to step on two boats at the same time!?”)

“Ahh, two-timing, three-timing, they are all the same! Because I have enough power to protect them all!”

(Chinese text used is “Be it two boats, three boats, they are all the same!”)

“…………………….……………..Huh? Protect……………………………..?”

(Wait…… This means……)

Up to this point, Ayano finally realized that she has misunderstood completely. But Kazuma has yet to finish what he wants to say.

“It is not because I am chosen that I was given power! But to not lose again, to not let others take everything away------ I have already decided on that! I will not give up on anyone! I will save Misao! And I will not let you and Ren die either! Then kill that arrogant kid! That is the only result I will accept! You got a problem with that!”

“Ah…… No…… Not at all.”
Chosen part 2:
this seems a little long...
Spoiler! :
Ayano who panicked for a moment, finally recovers upon seeing that pool of blood at her feet.

There is no time to be shocked. This amount of blood loss------ Not good at all.

Even though he commands overwhelming power, he is still mortal. He will still die when faced with dying situations, a critical amount of blood loss cannot be compensated by mental strength.

Ayano doesn’t mind getting blood onto her clothes at all, and goes up to kneel by Kazuma’s side.

“Kazuma?”

“I am fine.”

“What do you mean by fine------”

Ayano swallows the words that almost spilled out from her mouth.

Within those quiet eyes looking upwards, a strong and undying determination can be seen within. Those eyes beats any language or words, and stops any refutes.

(It won’t work……)

There is no need to even ask, Ayano understood in an instant. Just looking into those eyes, anyone would have had thought the same thing!

------Nothing can stop him.

“Move aside.”

Kazuma seems to feel impatient towards the motionless Ayano, and began to take action. He grabs Ayano by her shoulder, wanting to force her aside------ Yet that strength is pathetically weak.

Ayano breathes out lightly, and then gently removes the hand pressing against her shoulder. Instead she grabs Kazuma, who’s about to collapse, by his arm, and pulls him to her side.

“You------”

“Stop your bleeding first!”

Ayano says to Kazuma who is staring at her with a fierce look.

“------Ahh?”

“I said “Stop your bleeding”! At the rate it is going, you would die within five seconds of the battle. At least cover that wound on the outside, then try to think of some way to recover your energy. Ren and I will support buy you the time to recover.”

“What the hell are you talking about, how can I leave it to you two.”

Kazuma ignores Ayano’s kind suggestion, and tries to force his legs to stand up. At this moment------

“You idiot! That is enough!”

Ayano finally got angry. She grabs Kazuma’s collar, then pulls him back with force. Kazuma’s knee loses strength once more, and falls into the pool of blood.

“What can you achieve by dragging that dying body! To just say you did your best when you lost every ounce of energy, so as to satisfy yourself, and then die just like that? Don’t make me laugh!”

Ayano continues to grab his collar, shaking Kazuma continuously. This is way too vigorous for someone who is badly wounded, but Ayano in her anger is not in the mood to care about such things.

“You want to save Misao right? You want to protect me and Ren right? Since you dare say “to protect everything”, then do what you said you would! Don’t you dare use death to run away! I will definitely not let you get away so easily! We will both leaving you your share, so back off until you can move with ease!”

“…………”

For a while, Kazuma stares dumbfounded at Ayano who is so angry she is about to cry------

“Wai……Wait……What are you doing……!?”

And then hugs her tightly.

Ayano’s ears turn red completely, her body tenses up entirely. She opens her mouth wanting to say something, but due to the sudden shock, her thoughts cannot be conveyed into words.

“……Kazuma?”

While she was being hugged, Ayano notices that Kazuma’s body trembles from time to time. She originally thought that it was due to the pain from the wound, but it seems slightly different.

It would be quite a while later that she realizes that this was him laughing to himself.

“------Kazuma?”

Hearing that low and threatening questioning, Kazuma answers, still with a bit of that laughter left on his face:

“No, I was just thinking------ You might become a fine woman in the future.”

Hearing such sudden words of flattery, the temperature of Ayano’s face went even higher. But to be able to express her joy frankly, Ayano still lacks some experience.

“Might? A fine woman? What a joke! I will definitely become a top class beauty! When that time comes, it would be too late for you to regret not having realized my potential!”

“That is hard to say, there are a lot of people who are younger than you that are already women. This has nothing to do with virgin or not, but as long as you keep thinking “someday”, you will never be a grown up.”

“……You sure are talkative for a dying man.”
Chapter 6, part :4
Chosen part:
Spoiler! :
“Please, just let me…… die……”

Misao says with a trembling voice.

Kazuma stares at Misao closely, as if trying to look through Misao’s expression, with her head lowered and is covered by her hair.

“Why?”

“Because…… I am a sinner.”

“Oh? So?”

Kazuma seems to find this unbelievable, and asks once more. Misao stares at Kazuma with slanted eyes, probably thinking that he is teasing her on purpose.

“I have committed an unforgivable sin…… So…… I can only redeem myself through death……”

Kazuma looks coldly at Misao who is seeking atonement continuously.

“You are really important aren’t you.”

“……Huh?”

Kazuma stands up before the puzzled Misao, and uses the tip of his feet to kick below his feet.

“This guy, it was a really big dragon just now------ Did you know what energy did it use to move?”

“Yes…… It uses……”

Towards the pale Misao, Kazuma announces the truth mercilessly:

“It is all the people you killed, their vigor.”

“------!”

“There is probably a few hundred people------ Energy capable of moving that massive thing, I guess it would take more than just a hundred or two people!”

Misao is at a loss for words, she feels grieved over her deep sins and trembles over it.

“Using your “precious” one life, you can redeem the sin of killing several hundred people?”

Kazuma uses an extremely unnatural gentle tone to question her, and then grabs Misao’s hair, pulling her lowered face up forcefully.

“Quit joking! Are you some religious chief of some new religion!? Did you think pinning you on a cross can save all the people in this world? Don’t be so naïve! You are just trying to run away. Unwilling to face the deep sins you have committed, and unwilling to seek any method of atonement, to just try to escape through death, isn’t that right!”

“Ah…… Ahhh……”

The weakness within her heart being revealed, Misao’s tears fall down like rain.

“Even so…… Even so, what do you think I should do? With such deep sins, could there possibly be some way to redeem myself?”

She urges Kazuma for an answer. However, the answer was cruel.

“How would I know.”

“You…… You……!”

Misao can’t help but show an angry expression.

“You are really full of yourself!”

“No matter what others say, I don’t know what I don’t know. I killed plenty of people too, but let’s not mention atonement, I did not even review myself even once.”

What a completely self-centered guy. If anyone is to ask for a way to redeem himself, he is probably the most unsuitable person in the world to ask.
Epilogue:

Chosen part 1:
Spoiler! :
“Why did you help me? To the extent of having suffered such a heavy injury.”

“I didn’t want to get hurt either.”

Kazuma turns back and looks at Ayano past his shoulder.

“If not for some dumb girl doing dumb stuff, I might have been able to solve everything without a scratch.”

“…………!”

Veins appeared at Ayano’s temple, but, she did not say anything to rebut. Because in comparison to scolding him, she is more interested in the truth.

“Even so, isn’t it much faster to just kill me?”

Misao did not loosen up her questioning. Even though things aren’t going the same way as she expected, but this is also a question she cannot let lying.

Perhaps sensing her determination, Kazuma begins to say with a bitter smile on his face:

“It has been ten years already…… You were still so small then.”

Saying that, Kazuma uses his thumb and index finger to open up a gap of around three centimeters.

Misao complains very politely:

“Erm…… I think that even when I was just born, I am not that small. I am not a dwarf.”

“Don’t mind the minor details. Yup, around that time, just as I was being bullied by those people of the branch clan, you saved me once.”

“…………”

She waited for the explanation to come, but Kazuma doesn’t seem to want to open his mouth again. A silent atmosphere looms around the two.

“……Is that it?”

“Yup.”

Kazuma simply nods in response to that question filled with question marks.

To Misao and Ayano, they will never know, when Kazuma was belittled by everyone around him, during that period where his body and mind are tortured continuously, that only one single time of gentleness, how great a support it was to Kazuma in his heart?

Kazuma will never forget. That trembling voice, that small back, even reminiscing about it now, the image is as clear as though it happened just yesterday.

So, he did not hesitate.

To save Misao------ That is the natural conclusion that doesn’t even require any thought. Because Misao lent him a hand then, that is why he can live up till now.

With that said, there is no way he will say such an embarrassing thing out. Kazuma begins to forcefully end the topic.
Chosen part 2:
Spoiler! :
Kazuma shows a cheeky smile, and murmurs lightly to Misao who blushed all the way to her ears:

“Let’s continue next time, I will not let you owe me anything, so just go!”

“------Yes, I will be waiting.”

Misao smiles as she nods.

A sweet promise. Yet, Misao knows very well in her heart, this will never be fulfilled. Kazuma is saying this to a girl whom he may never meet again.

This also implies “I will never forget you”.

It also means to tell this lonely girl who lost her family, being exiled from her clan, that she is not alone.

“Thank you to you all. Kazuma-san, Ayano-sama------ Please take care.”

Misao lowers her head deeply in the end, and then walks out once more. Those steps does not show any sign of doubt, she did not turn back at all, and disappears from the sight of the two. The two watched the leaving shadow silently.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”