Has the project stalled?

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AngelSnow
Astral Realm

Re: Has the project stalled?

Post by AngelSnow »

i just saw the new updates.
i just have to say i love you ! <3

but i just wonder, it seem we are translating the novel from a chinese edition?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

AngelSnow wrote:i just saw the new updates.
i just have to say i love you ! <3

but i just wonder, it seem we are translating the novel from a chinese edition?
Yes... sorry... I am sad to have to admit to the fact that I CANT READ JAPANESE!! >"<

So I can only rely on the chinese version which i do understand... Very sorry on this part, so I do indeed translate from the chinese edition...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
AngelSnow
Astral Realm

Post by AngelSnow »

how could it be your fault?
japanese to chinese can be a bit different but it is already a great thing that you took your time to translate it despite everything.
i can only respect and love you so much ! <3333
nopeudon
Astral Realm

Post by nopeudon »

heh? there's a chinese version of the novel?
hmmm... that means i can contribute as a translator too, yay! where can i apply?
ShadowZeroHeart

nopeudon wrote:heh? there's a chinese version of the novel?
hmmm... that means i can contribute as a translator too, yay! where can i apply?
Well, basically you can consider urself applied, just tell us which chapters you intend to work on, start the translation, and when you have been translating for some time, you would be deemed as a translator. (this is to prevent quitters from getting the translator title)

I translate from the hardcopy text, so as to where you have to find your raws, sorry, but i cant help u there.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Wow I just realized the author passed away last year.. I was gonna start reading it but we will never find the ending. :cry: Does that ruin your motivation to translate shadow?
ShadowZeroHeart

p0l3r wrote:Wow I just realized the author passed away last year.. I was gonna start reading it but we will never find the ending. :cry: Does that ruin your motivation to translate shadow?
I knew he passed away since back when he did... Does that answer your question? However, I must admit... My brains are not cut out to do well in studies while doing translations as well... The biggest distractions is still everything I read, and play... So I am distracted easily, with more novels and games...

Anyways, to me, I have read all of the main stories, and it ends without a proper ending... sadly... So if i really follow it through, i might get some opinions and at least give this arc an ending... But first, I must translate all that is out before I even consider that option.

Perhaps this answered your question?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
AngelSnow
Astral Realm

Post by AngelSnow »

although the story had ended without a proper ending, i have heard people said that the story itself has already suggested a solid base for its eventuality in which i am unable to confirm unless i read it first to have some base knowledge about it. neither the anime nor the manga covered enough time-line to make light of the puzzle. and as far as i can see, i am really enjoying reading this story. it would be sad to be discouraged just because of the unfortunate event that happened. and much more than the sole purpose of seeing the end, i believe the writers and translators work to see their work being loved and appreciated by others. so i believe that the highest form of respect to pay tribute to is to remember their works in their most true self as they are. and that is to say, i support whatever decision you would take, shadow.
ShadowZeroHeart

AngelSnow wrote:although the story had ended without a proper ending, i have heard people said that the story itself has already suggested a solid base for its eventuality in which i am unable to confirm unless i read it first to have some base knowledge about it. neither the anime nor the manga covered enough time-line to make light of the puzzle. and as far as i can see, i am really enjoying reading this story. it would be sad to be discouraged just because of the unfortunate event that happened. and much more than the sole purpose of seeing the end, i believe the writers and translators work to see their work being loved and appreciated by others. so i believe that the highest form of respect to pay tribute to is to remember their works in their most true self as they are. and that is to say, i support whatever decision you would take, shadow.
Yes, the story has a very clear indication of what is to happen next, however, the question is HOW to carry it on, and HOW IT WILL END, at least for this arc. The story and plot is firm, so its easy to move on, but there are still a lot of possibilities... Oh well, before we think about anything else, we should translate the novels first...

So... will you be helping out? AngelSnow
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
p0l3r wrote:Wow I just realized the author passed away last year.. I was gonna start reading it but we will never find the ending. :cry: Does that ruin your motivation to translate shadow?
I knew he passed away since back when he did... Does that answer your question? However, I must admit... My brains are not cut out to do well in studies while doing translations as well... The biggest distractions is still everything I read, and play... So I am distracted easily, with more novels and games...

Anyways, to me, I have read all of the main stories, and it ends without a proper ending... sadly... So if i really follow it through, i might get some opinions and at least give this arc an ending... But first, I must translate all that is out before I even consider that option.

Perhaps this answered your question?
Sorry I didn't mean anything about your translation speed just asking a stupid question I guess lol..
ShadowZeroHeart

nahz... its just that my translation speed is slow, and i know it... and i cant get my mind off it, thats all
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
AngelSnow
Astral Realm

Post by AngelSnow »

i really wonder how i may help.
honestly, i would really love to help to speed thing up if that help.

i can't speak chinese/japanese so it is obviously a no go for me.
i can edit a bit but my papers in school always got scolded for having bad grammar
(and some professors are really harsh on catching these mistakes >.>")
but i think editing is the only way i can help :)
if you want me, show me and i will have it done :mrgreen:

regard the plot, you make me curious.
yep, it is true that there are many possibilities open for debate but i think there is a reason why the author spend his last moment completed the extra stories instead of hasten up the plot and reached a conclusion.
in which case, the author might already completed his goal of convey a certain view in his work (or at least attempted to)
but that is also a topic for debate
ShadowZeroHeart

Oops, sorry, my bad... AngelSnow

Got you mixed up with the other guy, since the other guy only had one post saying he can help translate too... Both of you joined this forum at around the same time, and I kinda noticed you more from your often replies...

The question was directed at nopeudon...

Really sorry about the mix-up...

And currently, I am not translating any KnS at the moment. If a new translator joins, i will have to see which chapter he is working on, and I am currently working on a teaser for another series, should be done in a few more pages, before I consider continuing work on KnS.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Not to push you or anything but it's been over a year since anyone touched KnS, do you think you'll have time to translate another chapter sometime soon? Plz? Pretty plz? Pretty plz with cherry and whipped cream?
ShadowZeroHeart

Guest wrote:Not to push you or anything but it's been over a year since anyone touched KnS, do you think you'll have time to translate another chapter sometime soon? Plz? Pretty plz? Pretty plz with cherry and whipped cream?
I know, trying but no promises... though it seems I might have more free time this semester... Still, no promises...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”