Takahiro Yamato, Author of Kaze no Stigma

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Takahiro Yamato, Author of Kaze no Stigma

Post by Enigma »

...Has passed away. Not sure the cause, but apparently it happened a month ago. Not entirely sure why they would withhold this information, for a month at least.

Source
joay_b
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Takahiro Yamato, Author of Kaze no Stigma

Post by joay_b »

One month is enough for his family to privately perform the necessary customs and translation to his final resting place. This allows also his publishing firm to prepare the necessary information to be released to the press sharks. The last thing both his family and publishing company wants are improper answers to press inquiries on what happens next.

P.S. Any news sources before we can finally confirm your news bit?
まず隗より始めよ。
Enigma
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

joay_b wrote:One month is enough for his family to privately perform the necessary customs and translation to his final resting place. This allows also his publishing firm to prepare the necessary information to be released to the press sharks. The last thing both his family and publishing company wants are improper answers to press inquiries on what happens next.

P.S. Any news sources before we can finally confirm your news bit?
Figured that after I wrote it and didn't mind enough to edit it. And for the source, it's there. "Source". The source I linked also has a source link, though in Japanese.
Marauder
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Marauder »

arf arf :cry: well its a shame.... RIP

anyway lets hope that someone finish his work, just to not let it incomplete :?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Marauder wrote:arf arf :cry: well its a shame.... RIP

anyway lets hope that someone finish his work, just to not let it incomplete :?
u gotta be kidding... been waiting for him to continue kaze no stigma... no... damn...

a good author... will miss him...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Though if that doesnt happen, why not finish his story for him. Now if thats really stupid for most, then just send a big NO. to my forehead and forget it.

But if you do like the idea, then its all up to all of the fans on here how to finish the story gracefully.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Poke2201 wrote:Though if that doesnt happen, why not finish his story for him. Now if thats really stupid for most, then just send a big NO. to my forehead and forget it.

But if you do like the idea, then its all up to all of the fans on here how to finish the story gracefully.
an individual's work gradually turn into a fanfic? made by bakas exclusive?!

this idea reminds me how good douijin of anime provide great ending than the one present by the original work

baka baka baka
ShadowZeroHeart

Poke2201 wrote:Though if that doesnt happen, why not finish his story for him. Now if thats really stupid for most, then just send a big NO. to my forehead and forget it.

Considered, Rejected.

I am not capable enough to... One reason largely being I cant picture the KnS world that he created entirely. The next is because i have read too much Japanese light novels to maintain his unique style.

Most Japanese light novels create a harem-possibility in their story, having multiple female characters going for one guy. But in KnS, it is CLEARLY and OBVIOUSLY not the case. So i find it hard to not mix other styles into KnS even if i do try continuing the story. Furthermore, to even consider the option, i must at least read ALL the volumes out, but they arent all officially out in chinese yet.

Either way, will try to find time to continue the translations first.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
ShadowZeroHeart

I have just managed to get my hands on vol 6, the last volume of KnS, and surprisingly... It was way beyond what i had imagined...

In fact, after reading this volume, i almost think i can continue the story... but I cant do the story and translations at the same time...

And after reading this volume...
Spoiler! :
I almost wonder if Takahiro Yamato actually felt that he might not continue it? He introduced the remaining divine weapons, a new race, and a character that would change the story to a great extent. These are crucial if someone does intend to take on KnS story... Its almost as if he paved a path ready for whoever can take it...?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I thought it was a little interesting, so I'll post this for all those interested in the Kaze no Stigma series.

Apparently after the author died in July or whatever last year...last month, March 20th to be exact, Volume 6 of Kaze no Stigma (Ignition) was released. The authors name? Same as all the other novels, and there is no "co-sign" at least on the cover, so for all intents and purposes, this is the last work he finished, or mostly finished, before he passed away?

Too bad it's only a side story...

Here is the link for validity: http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_det ... 0911000049

The name of the novel seems to be ヒミツのカンケイ (Himitsu no Kankei) or something along the lines of "Relationship of Secrets" -ish.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

What's the deal with the "Ignition 6"? From what I heard, it's the end. Really?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ShadowZeroHeart

Kira0802 wrote:What's the deal with the "Ignition 6"? From what I heard, it's the end. Really?
Given that it is the last volume of KnS ever, you can say its the end? I have yet to find the volume, the official Chinese translations are still stuck at Ignition 2, so I am not sure if the story really ended there, though I am sure the main story hasnt ended.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

But there was something like 2-3 years before the author died to write a book, right? Maybe he used all of that on Ignition 6?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
knSgal16
Astral Realm

Post by knSgal16 »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:I have just managed to get my hands on vol 6, the last volume of KnS, and surprisingly... It was way beyond what i had imagined...

In fact, after reading this volume, i almost think i can continue the story... but I cant do the story and translations at the same time...

And after reading this volume...
Spoiler! :
I almost wonder if Takahiro Yamato actually felt that he might not continue it? He introduced the remaining divine weapons, a new race, and a character that would change the story to a great extent. These are crucial if someone does intend to take on KnS story... Its almost as if he paved a path ready for whoever can take it...?

i have to read it!!! but honestly if u put it that way then maybe he wanted someone to continue his work if u truly think u can do it u should definitely try it it would be amazing to see what other people can do and if u feel u can put all those pieces together and complete the series for the fans u should try! :DDDD
best of luck if you do! and i will def be the one to support u and be the first one to read what u came up with! <3
good luck :D
ShadowZeroHeart

knSgal16 wrote: i have to read it!!! but honestly if u put it that way then maybe he wanted someone to continue his work if u truly think u can do it u should definitely try it it would be amazing to see what other people can do and if u feel u can put all those pieces together and complete the series for the fans u should try! :DDDD
best of luck if you do! and i will def be the one to support u and be the first one to read what u came up with! <3
good luck :D
This is definitely not possible, at least until I complete 2 things:

1) Read all volumes of KnS (Currently I do not have all volumes of Ignition)
2) Translate all the KnS volumes published

Point 1 is a MUST in order to prevent conflicts to the actual story, as I do not know everything that is available.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”