Kaze no Stigma Volume 3 completed

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ayame
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Kaze no Stigma Volume 3 completed

Post by Ayame »

Five minutes ago I managed to finish the thickest of all KnS volumes and the less Kazuma dense one :D and I feel happy!

I'm pretty sure there won't be too many replies to this post (if any) but I still wont to get the word out there.

First of all I took a half a year break from translating and when I came back to it I took a different approach. Maybe because I had a better understanding of the text (I wish 8) ) or because I was anxious to finish, many times the translation is not a 100% word by word play of the Japanese original - but the meaning is pretty much the same I hope. Like always there are phrases that are hard to interpret especially since I don't have a very good understanding of the language but I hope the true Kaze no Stigma fans will forgive me.

I have yet to read the entire translation and adjust here and there the loose ends. Maybe at the end of the week so be patient. Maybe I'll even add the pictures in the text.

As for my impression of the volume Kureha's story impressed me more that Ayumi's. I found the character totally...bewitching and very tragic. This time it was Ren's time to shine and I really enjoyed the family stuff i.e his interaction with Ayano.

After finishing this post I will start right away on the first chapter of volume 4 because I really like the Ayano-Kazuma banter at the beginning. But just the first chapter.

I hope you enjoy reading it at least as much as I enjoyed translating. :D
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Re: Kaze no Stigma Volume 3 completed

Post by Nurin »

お疲れさまでした!次はもっと頑張ってください、きといいことが起きる!

Anyway thank you!
Call me Nurin!

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by denormative »

PDF in named directory: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/6a6tgxa ... Epimetheus

None of the images are linked in the text body, so I appended them to the colour plates at the front. I can rebuild them if someone links the images in the appropriate places.

Also refreshed the first two PDFs. If someone wants to update the first two volumes translator's notes to use the current <ref> support, I can also rebuild them again so they look nicer. :)
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Since this project is having regular releases over the past month, and 3 active translators and multiple editors listed on the project page, why is this project still under 'Abandoned/Stalled' category?
Ayame
Project Translator

Post by Ayame »

The project has only one active translator, me the others don't currently translate.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Well, even you being the only one translating this, I think if it flowing it isn't stalled anymore. :mrgreen:
Call me Nurin!

Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

Ayame wrote:The project has only one active translator, me the others don't currently translate.
1 translator is enough to be termed as an "Active" project, moreover, a project is termed as "stalled" if it doesn't receive any updates over a long period of time, and since you're now translating and the updates have started flowing, the project should be moved out of the "stalled" section.
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Congrats, o brave warrior. For you have brought this forgotten project to life once again.

Well, cannot keep this dignified airs around, so let's drop this damn big speech. Thanks a lot for TLing this volume even though I cannot bring myself to read it for now. Shock from seeing it translated, I presume. :lol: Keep up your good work.

Now then, guys are right. KnS is not a stalled project anymore so we need to move it.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Ayame
Project Translator

Post by Ayame »

Thanks for your heartfelt words, my comrade. If you wait until 4, 5, 6 are ready (let's hope a truck won't hit me meanwhile) you will have a feast I promise. :D

On the other hand, the project is only classified as stalled in the forum, the wiki page lists it as active. It's not such a big deal.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Ayame wrote:Thanks for your heartfelt words, my comrade. If you wait until 4, 5, 6 are ready (let's hope a truck won't hit me meanwhile) you will have a feast I promise. :D

On the other hand, the project is only classified as stalled in the forum, the wiki page lists it as active. It's not such a big deal.
Even it isn't a big deal, we should move it to the active projects, since it can always have some people who see it here and will tink it is stalled... You know that can happen. :roll: :roll:

Well, we have to wait and discuss in the topic rock created on adminforum. :wink:
Call me Nurin!

rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

Ayame wrote:Thanks for your heartfelt words, my comrade. If you wait until 4, 5, 6 are ready (let's hope a truck won't hit me meanwhile) you will have a feast I promise. :D

Well, once that day comes I'm going to cry a river. It'll be painful and wonderful. Yeah. Even though, I'd read volume 3 eventually because I'm not that patient :)
As for status of subforum, it's no biggie. It's a formality but... I'm sure, a good half of staff will be glad to let KnS shine among active project subforums once again.
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
wenwalker
Astral Realm

Post by wenwalker »

I waited a long time for this. Thank You.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by Rohan123 »

wenwalker wrote:I waited a long time for this. Thank You.
I'm sure many were eagerly waiting for this for a long time, Ayame is the hero we needed in our time of need. :)

Return to “Kaze no Stigma”